996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Ferrous Metal in Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 05:07 PM
User 63031
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

That's not an answer, is it? Am I correct in understanding that you say the cylinders and pistons are lubricated by sump splash oil?

Anyway, regardless, I'm here to warn the topicstarter for a failing LN Retrofit IMSB. I see you won't address my questions, probably for good reason (it wouldn't be in your best interests), but you also have not defended your bearing this time. While you usually are extremely verbose in defending your products, I find it interesting that you choose the cop-out this time. Especially when a forumgoer is actually at risk of critical engine failure.

I dare you to state it will be okay in this engine. It won't. It has to come out because it will grenade the engine even if OP's shedding of metal was a one-off. You can't go on record saying the Retrofit would survive mild metallic debris in the oil, and you know it. Regardless of all the miracles in the world regarding where his metal came from, the LN Retrofit with certainty is no longer fit for duty in this car.
The following 2 users liked this post by User 63031:
DSC800 (06-26-2021), RngTrtl (06-09-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 12:09 PM
foodbiker

Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Blowing the whistle here!!!

EVERYONE will be taking a break on this topic while we sort this out.

Meanwhile, everyone - please step back and cool off.

Quick Reply: Ferrous Metal in Oil Filter