996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone else buy a Certified Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 05:04 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Anyone else buy a Certified Porsche?

My question is... should I have gotten something from Porsche (documentation of some sort??) in regards to my warranty, road side assistance, etc?

The dealership doesn't know, Porsche customer service doesn't know, so who the hell knows??

I'm not concerned about it too much as my car shows it's under warranty in the dealerships system but what about roadside?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:17 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Nick. Good question because my Audi is Certified and I have no documentation either.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:11 PM
bpr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had the same question...

When I bought my Porsche with its extended warranty, I wanted something to prove that I had purchased this extra coverage. It took many weeks and phone calls to Porsche customer service to get this straightened out. Ultimately all I received was a warranty booklet and a roadside assistance booklet with a form letter (nothing that specifically identified my car by its VIN, for example). I had them fax me a copy of the printout from their computer system that listed my car as having an extended warranty.

So as long as it's in their computer system, you should be all set.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:43 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought a Certified car in October of 03 ... got a warranty booklet, roadside assistance card, etc., from Porsche about 6 weeks later. I also was given a copy of the certification checklist by the dealer when I bought the car, showing what was needed and what was done, tire tread, brake wear, etc.

Your dealer can run the VIN to make sure it's in the system. Apparently, some dealers "forget" to put it in ... i.e., pay Porsche for the warranty.

Vic
99 C2 Certified cab (for sale)
Old 03-24-2004, 09:50 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same boat waiting for my packet which includes a book, etc. It's been about 6 weeks. Called my dealer today and they are supposed to find out what is the deal. I have already had the car in once for on O2 sensor and they replaced it under the new warranty but I want the documentation.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:24 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

I also have a checklist -- two pages -- listing all the items and the remaining wear.

They gave me

a copy of the service invoice listing all of the work done on the car to get it ready -- it lists the time needed for the certified inspection, plus the service and parts.

a copy of a list of the covered items -- it is 14 pages long -- but I just noticed I did not get the first four!

a few page booklet on the extend warr-- same size as the owners manual -- I hate to say it but I forgot to look at it!

I have purchased both a certified Jaguar and a Lexus -- they both sent me a letter thanking me for the purchase -- both included a roadside card and extented warr card with the customer service number.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:48 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Bought my Certified Pcar in October and got the 6yr/100K packet in February. You can do the math, 4 months, IMO is very slow but at least it came. I can post a pic of the packet contents if anybody wants that?

Dell
Old 03-25-2004, 01:24 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I bought my car at the end of December and as yet have nothing to show that it is certified.....
Old 03-25-2004, 03:18 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nota_troll
...my Audi is Certified and I have no documentation either.
I bought a certified S6 in January...5-6 weeks later got a package from Audi USA detailing the terms and condition of my extended warranty. From the Audi website I was under the impression that I should also be getting a checklist from the dealer but I got nada.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:42 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't think you get any sort of thing that mentions your car specifically, VIN# etc., just the book with the information, which the dealer can stamp for you. Even the Roadside Assistance card is generic, no name on it.

Vic
99 C2 cab
Old 03-25-2004, 04:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

vjd3 is correct. the only thing "personalized" was the letter enclosed that said thank you Dell for purchasing .............. Everything else is generic.

Dell
Old 03-26-2004, 06:40 PM
yeldogt
Rennlist Member

Just took a look at the booklet - fold out -- 6 pages -- says "Porsche Approved" also inside is a large card with "record of certification" all my car info with the dealer stamp and the date with miles.

TAG

Quick Reply: Anyone else buy a Certified Porsche?