Sponsored by:

IMS replaced, now no oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 03:53 PM
rocky996
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IMS replaced, now no oil pressure

Hi everyone! I have a '99 911 c2 that I just did an overhaul on. This included new tires, rotors, pads, IMS from LNE, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, fuel filter, engine oil, and gear oil. After a month of working on it, I go to turn it on, and....no oil pressure. I double-checked that everything is connected, all the fuses work, and the battery has enough charge. I searched the internet and saw a lot of posts about people experiencing low oil pressure, but couldn't really find anything for no oil-pressure. What do you think?
Old 05-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,646 Likes on 2,105 Posts

Are you trusting the notoriously inaccurate and failure prone factory oil pressure gauge to determine you have no oil pressure?

Or do you have other symptoms/tests that indicate no oil pressure?
Old 05-02-2020, 04:31 PM
rocky996
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trusting the gauge for now because it worked perfectly fine prior to working on it. How would you recommend testing?
Old 05-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,646 Likes on 2,105 Posts

Originally Posted by rocky996
I'm trusting the gauge for now because it worked perfectly fine prior to working on it. How would you recommend testing?
Temporarily install a trusted "manual gauge" to accurately test the actual oil pressure, if OK, then you can rest easy and troubleshoot the electronic gauge.( probably the sender or sender wiring)

Or do the non-technical "I have no other systems" approach and go straight to the sender check the connections then throw a sender part at it.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:10 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by rocky996
Hi everyone! I have a '99 911 c2 that I just did an overhaul on. This included new tires, rotors, pads, IMS from LNE, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, fuel filter, engine oil, and gear oil. After a month of working on it, I go to turn it on, and....no oil pressure. I double-checked that everything is connected, all the fuses work, and the battery has enough charge. I searched the internet and saw a lot of posts about people experiencing low oil pressure, but couldn't really find anything for no oil-pressure. What do you think?
What oil filter was used?

Quick Reply: IMS replaced, now no oil pressure