Anytihng we should be greasing on a 996

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 03:10 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,169 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Water Displacement formula 40

WD only lubricates for a short period of time... (until it evaporates- which isn't very long as it's volatile). While I don't have a cab, i'd think you're going to want something that stays where you want it and doesn't "drip" onto the roof material or worse yet into the cabin when the roof is up (even fairly heavy grease could get runny in summer heat). Maybe a "chain lube" type product? - just thinking out loud... Good luck
Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,803 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by wildbilly32
Yeah...don't let it go to your head...
lol..I already know my worth, It's just good to see it recognized so I don't have to "toot my own horn" !!!

Originally Posted by dporto
WD only lubricates for a short period of time... (until it evaporates- which isn't very long as it's volatile). While I don't have a cab, i'd think you're going to want something that stays where you want it and doesn't "drip" onto the roof material or worse yet into the cabin when the roof is up (even fairly heavy grease could get runny in summer heat). Maybe a "chain lube" type product? - just thinking out loud... Good luck
WD-40 is my GO-TO light lubricant/surface protector for hinges, bare unprotected metal surfaces, or any tight places I want a light lubricate that penetrates, leaves a light lube,repels water and resists rust and corrosion. Heavier "greases" will not penetrate without high pressure and are generally messier. If I am concerned about dripping, I use a cloth to back up/catch and wipe off excess.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:01 PM
turkis_tii
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

WD-40 attracts dirt. White lithium grease hardens over time. Try WURTH HKS, it’s a penetrating grease that is very high quality.

Quick Reply: Anytihng we should be greasing on a 996