996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cabin Fever getting bad, nice day for ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 11:28 AM
shft22
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

I went for a drive a few days ago, empty roads made for a very enjoyable drive.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:54 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

You can't teach common sense!
Old 04-08-2020, 01:16 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 245 Posts

Nobody seems to bring up a major variable: Population Density
We live in a rural area.
We are 2.5 hours west of NYC.
I think that makes a big difference on the risk assessment of becoming a burden to others.
My round trip was 58 miles.
I stopped at 5 fishing access points, no human contact, in fact, I only saw one individual fishing, several hundred feet down stream.
In the course of the drive, the only people I saw were a couple at a gas station and some Amish farmers way out in thier fields plowing and planting.
I personally wouldn't have driven into a densely populated area.
Most all businesses are closed here and traffic is minimal.
I see this post which was meant to be a stress reliever turned in to S#@! Storm of views.
Stay safe everyone.

×××××

Just to show you how concerned folks are that live in an area that is in between us and NYC, this area is the heaviest fished water system in the Eastern United States.
Geographically located less than two hours of Philadelphia and NYC.
Here is a public service announcement.
http://web-extract.constantcontact.c...D1586283899000
Old 04-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by motoo344
Once you are on a vent your chances of survival are a toss of a coin. I honestly don't care whether or not you choose to stay in or go out but I ask if you get sick you stay home and deal with the fate you are given. I don't need my wife to die because people think this is some sort of joke, hoax and has to take care of you due to stupidity.
There you have it. We were talking about keeping distance and enjoying freedom in a safe way. That was my point all along. Those that can't understand this, need to stay home.

All the best to you and your wife. Those on the frontlines are the real heroes. This is no joke or a hoax. Hope that did not come across in my replies to our Canadian friend.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:54 PM
Skyman911
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts

This is really scary stuff. Here in Utah, we still do not have a statewide stay at home order. Our cases have been minimal in comparison to many other areas, and our state has been commended for how we are handling this pandemic. Many golf courses are open, hiking trails, biking trails, parks etc.. people are not permitted to play on any playground equipment, but most parks are still open. There are some exceptions. A lot of traffic still. Not near as much of course, but not like pictures I've seen in other areas of the country. I still take drives for sanity. I think so much depends on where you live, and how your community is dealing with it. Our state just mandated today, that all people entering our state provide a declaration of where they have traveled in the past two weeks. This is by air or car. The individual will get a text once they enter the state to complete the declaration.

That said, I just found out yesterday that the nursing home my 88 year old mother is in, has three nurses and two patients test positive. I haven't been able to see her for over a month now. I do hope I can see her again.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:27 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 336 Posts

There are so many unknowns about this that to me it's best to stay home unless absolutely necessary. I read that the virus can stay suspended in the air for up to 3 hours after a sneeze. The supermarket may be empty but you don't know who was there just before you got there, and what they touched. A tiger in the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the virus and I'm pretty sure people were social distancing from it. I passed a Wild By Nature store (similar to Whole Foods) yesterday and the parking lot was full. I don't think that a $30, 3 lb organic chicken is going to keep you safe.

On a positive note, I've become much more conscious of not wasting food or paper goods.
The following users liked this post:
Elumere (04-09-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 11:43 PM
HoustonCgrBkr
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I look forward to taking mine out. I did again today, dropped the top and just cruised around. It was nice.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:04 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 788 Likes on 413 Posts

Took the wife for a drive yesterday, first a stop at Whataburger Curbside service, then a picnic in the car under a nice shade tree. Then out for about a 50 min drive. Found a nice new road that was fun. On the way back had a local constable follow me for about 9 miles, he even pulled into my neighborhood behind me, turned off about a mile before my house.

All said and done, wonderful drive with my wife!
NYoutftr (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 05:49 PM
jjbravo
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I pushed mine out of the shop to do some welding on something else.
Then pushed it back in.
Now it’s snowing.
I’m so looking forward to going for a spin.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:03 AM
El Roso
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Also took the car around the block to beat off the cabin fever.

Never breached the 2m quarantine distance once.
NYoutftr (04-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Cabin Fever getting bad, nice day for ride