Sponsored by:

Windows go up too far

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 08:20 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 144 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Windows go up too far

Is there an adjustment for limiting where the door windows stop on a cab....the window goes up about 3/16" too far.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:49 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,106 Likes on 712 Posts

The upper and lower limits are stored in the window motor control, but that is only for the limits. Physically changing the upper limit, remove door card and loosen the clamps that hold the window glass and physically drop the window glass down a bit. Check everything before reinstalling the door card.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:25 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 329 Posts

There are also adjustments screws on the bottom of the door. You have to remove the rubber plugs to get to them. Can you describe the issue in more detail? Is the window not dropping when you open or close the door?
Old 12-30-2019, 01:36 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,106 Likes on 712 Posts

In my recollection, the bolts accessible under the door (behind the plastic plugs) are for the window "camber", basically setting the angle of the window either tighter to the window frame seal, or looser. They have nothing to do with up and down.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:39 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
In my recollection, the bolts accessible under the door (behind the plastic plugs) are for the window "camber", basically setting the angle of the window either tighter to the window frame seal, or looser. They have nothing to do with up and down.
Sorry my friend but you are mistaken. When I replace the window regulator on the drivers side last year I used these adjusters to set the final height of the window when up.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:41 AM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
The nuts directly under the rubber plugs at the bottom of the door are for the camber. The bolts accessible through service holes covered by the adjacent rubber plugs are for window height. But they don't get out of adjustment on their own, so we might need op to clarify what makes him believe the window is too high.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by marlinspike
The nuts directly under the rubber plugs at the bottom of the door are for the camber. The bolts accessible through service holes covered by the adjacent rubber plugs are for window height. But they don't get out of adjustment on their own, so we might need op to clarify what makes him believe the window is too high.
MMMMM gonna check these. I put my hard top on and the window does not align/slide into the hardtop properly Always goes up outside the frame. I have been pushing on the glass slightly when I close the door so it aligns properly.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:09 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 144 Likes on 117 Posts

The "drop" happens, but the window (on cabrio) sees to go up too far, I don't press in on the glass it hits the top....at the front corner by the w/s it is up about 3/16 too high.
I need to take some pix...tomorrow....tnx
Old 12-31-2019, 05:30 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dak911
The "drop" happens, but the window (on cabrio) sees to go up too far, I don't press in on the glass it hits the top....at the front corner by the w/s it is up about 3/16 too high.
I need to take some pix...tomorrow....tnx
If the drop is happening but it is not happening enough, and it used to happen enough, and nobody has replaced the window, you need a new window regulator. The common failure mode for the regulator is that it breaks in a way that the window drops but not by enough.

Quick Reply: Windows go up too far