Sponsored by:

Who has tried the muffler delete??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 08:45 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
I think it is more a matter of hearing loss than a love it or hate it scenario. I think you probably have to be half deaf to love the sound of the deletes. HAHA

To be fair, I have never heard the delete pipes on a 996 in person, although I have always wanted to hear them live. I think the only water cooled 911s that I have heard with delete pipes were race cars in the pits/garages and on track.

Maybe love it or hate it isn't the right way to put it but I think its highly subjective. I used to ride around in muscle cars with long tubes and no cats, is it that loud? I don't think I would personally want to daily that at this point in my life but for a weekend car I wouldn't mind.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Rdrcr
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^^
I did too. The deletes are actually louder than a V8 with longtubes and no cats. It's insanely loud.

Mike
Old 11-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,803 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdrcr
Yep, same day, same conditions.

OEM exhaust came off the car. The custom exhaust was designed and fabricated over the course of a week. The custom exhaust was removed (to be fully welded), OEM exhaust reinstalled. Then, scheduled the appointment for the dyno, did the base runs and then installed the custom exhaust for the final pulls.

Mike
Nice !! I love a good custom exhaust !! I bet it is loud though, and deep with those shorty glass packs on there, they usually muffle the high pitches...
Old 11-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Rdrcr
Racer

Originally Posted by Porschetech3
Nice !! I love a good custom exhaust !! I bet it is loud though, and deep with those shorty glass packs on there, they usually muffle the high pitches...
Thanks! Yes...indeed! Incredibly loud!!! It does have a nice deep tone at idle and it screams like a Ferrari in the high-rpms. It sounds absolutely amazing. The only issues I have with the exhaust is the low-rpm, light throttle drone and the loudness. Aside from that, it's pretty amazing.

The guy who designed the exhaust was a former Indy Car engineer, fabricator and mechanic. He's been building and restoring race cars for years, and on rare occasions, incredible exhaust systems. He came to the US from New Zealand after spending a good amount of time in Australia dealing with the V8 Supercars. He's now building custom high-end, big-dollar hot rods for special customers.

Mike
Old 11-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Astro
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdrcr
^^^^
I did too. The deletes are actually louder than a V8 with longtubes and no cats. It's insanely loud.

Mike
I'm driving mine as a daily driver and as I mentioned I did add the CC inserts which made it a bit quieter and reduced the drone. But when I think about all the loud Harleys driving around, I think they are much louder than these cars with the deletes.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Rdrcr
Racer

Originally Posted by Astro
But when I think about all the loud Harleys driving around, I think they are much louder than these cars with the deletes.
This is true. Much agreed.

Mike

Quick Reply: Who has tried the muffler delete??