Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 10:40 AM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Houston folks!

Or those of you close to us....

http://sitebuilder.awsp.com/longbird/home

I can't wait!! Finally, something in our own backyard!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:33 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool!
Plus there is supposedly a big track to be built down off 288 in the near future. Things are looking good!!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:56 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Wow, the name (Motorsport Ranch) and the logo's look identical to those of Motorsports Ranch near Dallas (Cresson), TX. There doesn't appear to be any association and the names don't look familiar. Interesting........

Go to this website and see for yourself: http://www.motorsportranch.com/

George
Old 02-20-2004, 01:33 PM
NiveK
Racer

dang george, cresson is like 100 miles from dallas hehe, i worked on it as an electrician years ago when it was being built, i would watch all the new vipers come up there and slide right off the track and into the field because they just couldn't stick to the new pavement
Old 02-20-2004, 03:06 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by DJ 996
Cool!
Plus there is supposedly a big track to be built down off 288 in the near future. Things are looking good!!
Yeah... I work 2 minutes from the track site. NOTHING has been done as of yet. I think their financial backers bailed.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:15 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

That's too bad.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:23 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

NiveK,

If it's less than an hour away, it's in town. Come on, you can drive for twelve hours and still be in state.

MSR is just about perfect, so many run off areas. BTW, I think I’ve been off on every single turn of that track. I'm so glad it's so close. I can't tell you how many times I've skipped work on Friday or Monday for a quick session or two or three. I almost skipped today. They are starting to run it clockwise (backwards from normal) and it’s like being on a new track.

George
Old 02-20-2004, 08:57 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

whatever happened to expanding the track? they already have the land and drawings for an addon to the original layout....no contributors?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:01 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

btw - link in first post not working?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:15 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

The site is back, with it's own domain. Things are getting interesting. Anyone have any inside info?

http://www.msrhouston.com/home

George
Old 02-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Scott_in_Houston
Instructor

I would drop my country club membership to join here instead if I had to.

I hope it works out.

The track near 288 has been discussed over and over again for the last 25 years. I doubt it will ever happen, but this MSR in Houston looks very possible!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 AM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by George A
The site is back, with it's own domain. Things are getting interesting. Anyone have any inside info?
Yeap...

this just in:

Gentlemen,

We are happy to inform you that our association with MotorSports Ranch in Cresson, Texas is now "official" and I am authorized to "go forth and multiply". We appreciate your feedback on our errant pre-release of information. Please visit the "official site" at www.msrhouston.com . It will take a few weeks to find it with a search engine so I would also appreciate your forwarding of the site to other interested parties (members and/or investors). The bottom line is that we are extremely committed to this effort and have substantial personal interest and investment on the line. We are still in the beginning stages of development though. Most of the pre-planning and reasearch has been done. We are ready to make the big decisions and go forward with the plan. We are realistically six months from a track at best. This is a significant undertaking to say the least. Your patience, understanding, and support will be key in the success of our venture.

Thanks again for your support,
Jerry Massengale and Kim Campbell
Motorsport Ranch Houston
Old 02-26-2004, 11:36 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Nick,

I hear they are going to be a reciprocal deal with MSR in Cresson. That would be incredible, two private tracks in Texas. The other rumor is that they are trying to do the same thing in Atlanta (reciprocal deal also). Looks like it’s time to join.

George
Old 02-26-2004, 11:57 AM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by George A
Nick,

I hear they are going to be a reciprocal deal with MSR in Cresson. That would be incredible, two private tracks in Texas. The other rumor is that they are trying to do the same thing in Atlanta (reciprocal deal also). Looks like it’s time to join.

George
I know I'm going to. I would be there so much, people will think I own the place!

Quick Reply: Houston folks!