Sponsored by:

Flat6 Innovations Bore Scoring Part 5

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:27 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by jllphan
Hey Jake, thanks again for making so much of your research public information. It baffles me that some folks think your commentary on Rennlist is simply fear mongering and scare tactics -- if that were the case, why would you give so much of your information away for free? Speaking of free, I tried PMing you recently as I had some info obtained from my research on M96 that might interest you, but for obvious reasons, it looks like you've taken that option away from your profile. Feel free to hit me up if you'd like.

At any rate, just now catching up on Pt. 5 and noticed you mentioned reports with escalating levels of both Aluminum and Silicon are signs of bore scoring. I've been using Speeddiagnostix for my UOA and noticed they don't report Silicon PPM on any of my reports. Is this something i can request from them? I guess it's possible it's not listed because there aren't any traces in my sample, but there are other elements that are listed with a 0 next to them, so that logic doesn't jive with me. Thoughts?
I'd bet money that Jake knows everything M96 already.
Why not contact Speeddiagnostix directly and ask them?
Old 06-06-2019, 02:47 PM
jllphan
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
I'd bet money that Jake knows everything M96 already.
Why not contact Speeddiagnostix directly and ask them?
Impossible.
Already did, no response.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by jllphan
Hey Jake, thanks again for making so much of your research public information. It baffles me that some folks think your commentary on Rennlist is simply fear mongering and scare tactics -- if that were the case, why would you give so much of your information away for free? Speaking of free, I tried PMing you recently as I had some info obtained from my research on M96 that might interest you, but for obvious reasons, it looks like you've taken that option away from your profile. Feel free to hit me up if you'd like.

At any rate, just now catching up on Pt. 5 and noticed you mentioned reports with escalating levels of both Aluminum and Silicon are signs of bore scoring. I've been using Speeddiagnostix for my UOA and noticed they don't report Silicon PPM on any of my reports. Is this something i can request from them? I guess it's possible it's not listed because there aren't any traces in my sample, but there are other elements that are listed with a 0 next to them, so that logic doesn't jive with me. Thoughts?
I’ll ask Lake about the silicon reporting in PPM, and post his response here.

As for turning off my PMs, well, I had to. I like documentation, and we were having too many failure reports come in that were not going through my proper channels. People were also asking for pricing, and etc in PMs, and that didn’t give me the ability to easily keep all dialogue in one place, to be referenced later. Now all of our dialogue goes through the support system on the website, and we have even abandoned conventional email.

Part 6 and even part 7 of the video series “A focus on bore scoring” have been shot, and edited. These go over “How to live with bore scoring” and “How to overcome bore scoring” They will be released in the coming days.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:57 PM
wildbilly32
Drifting

Received 792 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations

Part 6 and even part 7 of the video series “A focus on bore scoring” have been shot, and edited. These go over “How to live with bore scoring” and “How to overcome bore scoring” They will be released in the coming days.
I already figured that out...
Old 06-07-2019, 12:06 AM
jllphan
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

I’ll ask Lake about the silicon reporting in PPM, and post his response here.
Thank you. I did get a response from them, so good on them for the customer service- but would appreciate hearing Lake’s thoughts.

As for turning off my PMs, well, I had to. I like documentation, and we were having too many failure reports come in that were not going through my proper channels. People were also asking for pricing, and etc in PMs, and that didn’t give me the ability to easily keep all dialogue in one place, to be referenced later. Now all of our dialogue goes through the support system on the website, and we have even abandoned conventional email.
Sure, I get. I’ve been chasing a slight fueling issue and through a small sample size of folks online, I resolved via a somewhat improbable solution. It might interest you, or not...I honestly don’t have the knowledge base to know.

I look forward to it. Currently, my favorite subject matter😁

Quick Reply: Flat6 Innovations Bore Scoring Part 5