Sponsored by:

Buying from Porsche dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 08:35 AM
Horsepwr
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
I bought mine site unseen and with a blown motor! One of the best roll of the dice ever!!
Did you rebuild, or put a used in? What was the general cost? At least you knew it was a roller, I was hoping mine didn't turn into a roller lmao. I figured I got it cheap enough to take the risk...
Old 03-19-2019, 12:28 PM
MCH_VA
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by steam_mill
I bought mine in the fall at a Porsche dealer. I walked in, took it for a test drive. I came back, made 2 offers with a $500 deposit. One offer was with service records, other offer was with service records. All offers were conditional on ppi.

Once I looked over the service records and confirmed I was interested, they took the car to a specialty shop I chose for a Ppi. Car came back with inoperational power seat and leaky rms. Estimate for RMS was $1400. They fixed the seat, removed the window tint that I asked, provided a brand new second key. Oh, they discounted the car by $1400. That funded a portion of having the Solution installed.

Then there was the the pick up experience. I went over to pick up the car at the dealer. There was a Porsche event at the dealer. My 2003 Porsche 996 was parked in the middle of the showroom. People were looking at it and pointing to it. I signed the paperwork, was handed the keys and started the car in the showroom. They opened the doors and I drove out. That was priceless. I was treated like I was picking up a brand new Porsche.

Here is my car in the middle of the showroom

That is really cool!
Old 03-19-2019, 12:41 PM
hatchetf15
Rennlist Member

Received 1,044 Likes on 645 Posts

Well I bought my second 996 without a PPI...from my mechanic.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:33 PM
Carsly
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I purchased a 996 Turbo from a Porsche dealer two states away. Negotiated everything over the phone, got the DME and they agreed to put the car right before selling it (this Porsche dealership lists very few used Porsche's). Worked in the 30k service and they even added new rear tires and, at my request, front pads and rotors without changing the price. When I arrived, late on a weekday, car was ready for a test drive (also a Porsche aficionado friend test drove independently) and the tech who worked on the car stayed late in case there were any questions or issues. No pressure from the salesman at all, he said if I didn't like the car he would refund my deposit without questions. Even came with a 90 day warranty, no charge, and post-sale the salesman contacted me twice to see if everything was right and if not encouraged me to come in so they could address it at no charge to me.

Are all Porsche dealers alike? Of course not. But I'd take this approach (and did) over a random used car lot.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:08 PM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 767 Posts

Bought my 99 C2 at Porsche dealership in Orlando. Excellent experience, no pressure and they really did check out the car. They had the normal services done and checked out when I picked it up and it was ready to roll. I honestly trusted them. That was 10 years ago, still rocking and rolling.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Mbren1979
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DBJoe996
Bought my 99 C2 at Porsche dealership in Orlando. Excellent experience, no pressure and they really did check out the car. They had the normal services done and checked out when I picked it up and it was ready to roll. I honestly trusted them. That was 10 years ago, still rocking and rolling.
+1 for Porsche of Orlando..

Found my C4S online at their place. I live only a few miles from them. I emailed them, got all the paperwork done and agreed on a price via text with the salesman. I asked about the IMS and they already knew the story. They agreed to go half on the IMS, RMS, Clutch, Mobil 1 oil change and alignment. My schedule conflicts with their hours so i stopped by after close to view the car. Called the salesman on the spot and hashed out a few things i noticed. He informed me that they did not do IMS in house (claimed Porsche of NA doesn't allow the repair) and that they had some ex-techs that had opened a shop called Drivers Choice and that is who would do the repair. gave a deposit over the phone for the car. He said it would take a week. 3 days later he texted a pic of my car detailed and ready to go. I came up 15 mins before they closed. They had the car inside and looking like a brand new car. took it for the first test drive and had no doubt i had done right. Since we had done the paperwork over the phone it took less than 10 minutes to sign the deal. I figured it would be like "here's your car, sign here, get out" since i was buying a older "cheap" 911. I was treated like i was buying a brand new 911 GT2RS. The salesman even suggested i take the car for repairs to Drivers Choice as they were a lot cheaper and Porsche trained guys. The whole experience was amazing.

Quick Reply: Buying from Porsche dealership