Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone Use Custom Steering Wheels in Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 07:11 PM
jim010
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Yeah, you are, actually.

Had you come in here and made your point civilly without the condescending attitude and name calling, I'd respect your advice.

There's no 'block' function on here, is there?
Old 06-29-2018, 11:50 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Received 647 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Dreamer
Very obvious by this post you know nothing how PayPal works....Credit Card used through Payscam offers more protection to open up a dispute with the seller than trusting PayPal's third party intermediary, Gee we PayPal find that the Porsche owner must send back the EBrake that belongs to him in the first place that he sent to this crooked seller for services. The crooked guy would have never seen the credit card information. PS this guy paid by his banking information that PayPal has and not seen by anybody unless PayPal is hacked, and they have been so that Security Level you feel is there, isn't. You can do some light reading here about your rights and disputes with services that this guy didn't get
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...e-purchase.php
First of all, you didn't say "credit card through PayPal", you said just "credit card". There is a massive difference between those two. If you are going to preach as the definitive expert, while at the same time implying everyone else is stupid, you should actually say something specific that means something. Second, anybody using a service whose only business is detailed leather work, whose only online review is a 5-star yelp review, who specializes in Porsche, for a job that is so simple that it is almost impossible to screw up, doesn't have any reason to be overly concerned about fraud protection for that transaction. Third, I've done more than 1,000 transactions on PayPal and I've never had a single issue. I know there can be issues with it, just like there can be issues with any payment option, but to portray using PayPal as stupid is unwarranted in general and especially unwarranted when it was really impossible to suspect upfront that there would be an issue.

The sad thing is that I think most of us are interested in hearing what you have to say about PayPal credit, but your tone is so condescending and confrontational that I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber on loop than read anything more from you.

Last edited by peterp; 06-30-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:30 AM
jim010
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

PayPal is now reviewing the case again after I corrected them that it was a service, not a product I paid for.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:47 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyg308

Dallas Custom.............great work, great prices.
THIS!!! had my Wheel done by Don! excellent communication and 3 day turn around!
Old 06-30-2018, 01:02 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jim010
PayPal is now reviewing the case again after I corrected them that it was a service, not a product I paid for.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:24 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Good luck with your resolution!
Old 07-04-2018, 12:34 PM
911Dreamer
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by peterp

First of all, you didn't say "credit card through PayPal", you said just "credit card". There is a massive difference between those two. If you are going to preach as the definitive expert, while at the same time implying everyone else is stupid, you should actually say something specific that means something. Second, anybody using a service whose only business is detailed leather work, whose only online review is a 5-star yelp review, who specializes in Porsche, for a job that is so simple that it is almost impossible to screw up, doesn't have any reason to be overly concerned about fraud protection for that transaction. Third, I've done more than 1,000 transactions on PayPal and I've never had a single issue. I know there can be issues with it, just like there can be issues with any payment option, but to portray using PayPal as stupid is unwarranted in general and especially unwarranted when it was really impossible to suspect upfront that there would be an issue.

The sad thing is that I think most of us are interested in hearing what you have to say about PayPal credit, but your tone is so condescending and confrontational that I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber on loop than read anything more from you.
Same guy who said paypal shares bank information? I'll leave it at that...
Old 07-04-2018, 12:35 PM
911Dreamer
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jim010
I think this is the point I was trying to make to you Is Paypal will leave you out to dry unless you have a back up plan to dispute said issues...I hope it works in your favor
Old 07-06-2018, 12:27 PM
peterp
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911Dreamer
Same guy who said paypal shares bank information? I'll leave it at that...
I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply, but I never said anything even remotely close to suggesting that Paypal shares bank information.

Quick Reply: Anyone Use Custom Steering Wheels in Florida?