Sponsored by:

engine options other than ls swap ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 09:06 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
Guess I would need to look myself but I have a hard time believing a builder makes any money doing a nickies and ims solution job for 10k when all said and done. I bought every part and did the labor myself, and I wasn't remotely close to 10k.

I am a 3.6 though.
I didn't see to many over $12k yesterday when I was looking but I didn't read every website I visited as my focus was a little more toward the getting some performance gains.

Just bites that these awesome cars were left with very little on the table from Porsche for gains I love my 996 but wish I could have a little more out of it. I know the turbos are great and "should have bought a turbo" is the default but I'm a root for the little guy kinda man and always look for the underdog car and try to build them up.... ssssstupid 3.4 lol

I'm currently working on a motor swap for my boxster but really didn't want to go that route for the 911. but we'll see
Old 11-22-2017, 11:10 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

I just hate the idea of spending that kind of money for a motor I cant get more then 320hp from.
Who said that the engine is only capable of 320HP? I've topped 500 NA from a 3.4 based engine, on pump gas.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:17 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How much for a 500 HP 3.4 motor from you?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:29 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Who said that the engine is only capable of 320HP? I've topped 500 NA from a 3.4 based engine, on pump gas.
lol your Jake... I mean come on... your jake lol I've heard about you and tried contacting you but no reply. probably something I did wrong but either way. no one ... I mean no one will talk about how much your stuff costs it seams. I would love to have some work done by you (refer to first two words in this post "your jake") lol but at the same time.. if its $25k for a 500hp. I could do the same and then some with an ls motor swap. but that's the point of this thread.. I don't want the ls swap.

If I could get 400hp out of this 3.4 for a reasonable price, I'd jump on it. I've heard limited stuff about this elusive stroker for the Porsche but I cant find any info on it. plus once you start talking about modding a Porsche a lot of Porsche purists scream to high heaven about daring to touch these cars and lips get quiet lol

I'm putting 420hp into my boxster through a motor swap and its not an ls, porsche or audi motor and I'm doing it for under $5k

I just want to have fun... is that so wrong lololol
Old 11-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

I've heard about you and tried contacting you but no reply.
Not sure what you did there, but no email sits in our inbox for more than 24 hours without a reply. If you tried to contact me here, or some other way, its probably not monitored. I handle all dialogue through our email accounts, so we can document all exchanges of information.

As far as cost goes. I don't build the same engine twice, so prices are never going to pertain from one person/ application to another.
What matters is value to our purchasers, and thats not necessarily going to come from the purchase price.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're putting 420 in the boxster for 5k, then do the same for the 911???

I'm going to assume a 500 HP motor from jake will be more than 25k.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:47 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Not sure what you did there, but no email sits in our inbox for more than 24 hours without a reply. If you tried to contact me here, or some other way, its probably not monitored. I handle all dialogue through our email accounts, so we can document all exchanges of information.

As far as cost goes. I don't build the same engine twice, so prices are never going to pertain from one person/ application to another.
What matters is value to our purchasers, and thats not necessarily going to come from the purchase price.
I emailed from your website if I remember right but ya I probably hit the wrong button. I will shoot you an email again, I would love to hear about your options. I actually heard about you from someone over at fabspeed. said you were the man. I don't frequent these boards to often so I might be out of the loop a little bit.

understood on pricing, at the time I was trying to find info about you I was just looking for a ball park figure on what I could expect so I could get some prices on china ebay for my kidney so I would have the funds and not waist your time lol

Thanks for chiming in... greatly appreciated
Old 11-22-2017, 11:51 AM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

If you're putting 420 in the boxster for 5k, then do the same for the 911???

I'm going to assume a 500 HP motor from jake will be more than 25k.
my boxster build is a lot of work and I have built sooo many cars.... I just turned 40 and I'm getting burnt out. I just don't want to take on the 911. the boxster is being done this winter and the 911... I'd like to let someone else do if I can find what I'm looking for to be done to it.

I'm sure jakes stuff is not cheap especially from what limited stuff I have heard about his work being pert near the best there is. And I've also heard he is extremely down to earth, practical and wont sell you something you don't need. so definitely worth looking into in my book.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

And I've also heard he is extremely down to earth, practical and wont sell you something you don't need. so definitely worth looking into in my book.
In the days when I sold the engines personally, I spent 3/4 of my time telling people NOT to do something, and not to spend money. I've trained my replacement to do the same thing, and he gets the same rave reviews. We recently had someone try to add 18,000.00 worth of "options" to their engine, and I just had to talk to him. At the end of the conversation he saved 15K of that money.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Coopduc
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 135 Posts

I'd be all over a 420hp swap for 5k. Love to hear the details.
forgot to add: has to be NC smog legal
Old 11-22-2017, 12:15 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coopduc
I'd be all over a 420hp swap for 5k. Love to hear the details.
forgot to add: has to be NC smog legal
muhahaha lol ya I'm kind of keeping lid on it for now. I will say its not a pipe dream. I Have already purchased all my parts and its just waiting for me to put it together. it could easily be smog legal. this is an American motor and eric down at texas speed (I think that was the name of his company) can make you up any adaptor plate you want

my only hang up as of right now is getting someone who know electrical to help me out with the wiring harness as I am not to bright in dealing with that part of this stuff I'm going to go stand alone for the motor.

anyway....
Old 11-22-2017, 12:26 PM
ttt123
Burning Brakes

In the days when I sold the engines personally, I spent 3/4 of my time telling people NOT to do something, and not to spend money. I've trained my replacement to do the same thing, and he gets the same rave reviews. We recently had someone try to add 18,000.00 worth of "options" to their engine, and I just had to talk to him. At the end of the conversation he saved 15K of that money.
that's the kind of stuff that builds a business that stays in business. I'm sure the community appreciates it.

I did send you another email Jake.

anyone else have any input as to what they have done for extra umph out of our cars? I put a sticker on my side mirror "object in mirror are loosing"... it feels faster to me lol
Old 11-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Coopduc
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 135 Posts

ttt: hhmmm....you must be referring to these guys. http://www.texas-speed.com/
Old 11-22-2017, 01:06 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by ttt123
muhahaha lol ya I'm kind of keeping lid on it for now. I will say its not a pipe dream. I Have already purchased all my parts and its just waiting for me to put it together. it could easily be smog legal. this is an American motor and eric down at texas speed (I think that was the name of his company) can make you up any adaptor plate you want

my only hang up as of right now is getting someone who know electrical to help me out with the wiring harness as I am not to bright in dealing with that part of this stuff I'm going to go stand alone for the motor.

anyway....
I Look forward to this one!
Old 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 131 Posts

this is an amazing, amazing deal. Not sure how you do all of that for that price but if so, this is what these folks need.
There are two key factors to getting this done within the price range. 1. Our costs are lower thanks to doing the build in our facility in Mexico City. 2. Most of the performance upgrades are bolt on and not machined in. The Nikasil liner we use are not LN engineering Nickies. The are NIKASIL cylinder sleeves but are not the prefabricated Nikasil liners LN sells for over 4k with new piston etc. We use the factory pistons.

Originally Posted by ttt123
keeping with the theme of the thread.... do you offer anything in regards to performance increase, displacement, turbo, cams, porting etc.? the price is pretty much what everyone is charging which we are all going to be paying at one point or another but what about upgrades? that's not a hit against your post, you offer a good deal I just mean in regards to getting a little more umph out of these cars.

I have the fabspeed exhaust system, cold air intake and a tune that doesn't work right. Fabspeed has said they can supercharge my motor for $10k but I would need to get it rebuilt first as my miles are to high(127k) for the boost. I agree, I'd want to get my motor rebuilt before adding that anyway but then I'm at $10k for a rebuild, $10k for a supercharger.... $20k for 400hp I could swap in the dreaded ls for that much and get more hp with a few CHEAP mods to the ls motor.

our car are what they are... like mentioned just curious about options and wishing there was more.
For the time being we are only doing the rebuild with the mentioned upgrades. Once displacement is increased you have to buy pistons etc. Right now we are not doing upgrades of that type. Our goal is to offer a rebuild with preventative upgrades to make the engine stronger.

Guess I would need to look myself but I have a hard time believing a builder makes any money doing a nickies and ims solution job for 10k when all said and done. I bought every part and did the labor myself, and I wasn't remotely close to 10k.

I am a 3.6 though.
I understand what you are saying but its possible. We´ve already done it. The engine I currently have in my 996 has the upgrades mentioned and it was within the budget. Add up the parts I mentioned. Price comes down enough to make it work if you can take care of labor. Your price may be higher since you used the LN Nickies kit which is different from re-sleeving with NIKASIL liners. Two very different things with a huge price difference.

Im sure there are others like me that love the 996 platform but dont want to spend a huge amount of money to have a 911. With the 996 and a rebuild this is possible. If someone wants to get more performance from an engine or more HP then by all means go to a builder like FSI, 9xx, S-Car-Go, BBi, or any others that are out there. 9xx already offers rebuilds for 7K with a core swap if your engine is not damaged. There are several engine builders with affordable pricing that have their engines running in cars that have driven hundreds of thousands of miles on the rebuilt engines. Just call any of them.

What we Believe:

We believe that the Porsche 911 in all of its variants represents a quintecential package of performace, reliability, practicality and beauty. The Porsche 911 996 generation is a perfect balance between the pure driving essence of the original 911 yet has modern comforts and ameneties. For this reason we wish to offer the world Porsche 996 restoration services at an affordable price so people can enjoy and experience the Porsche 911 experience and change their perspective of what a sports car should be.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by MoeMonney; 11-22-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: engine options other than ls swap ??