CDR23 + Dension BTA1500 Bluetooth unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:59 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 110 Posts
Default CDR23 + Dension BTA1500 Bluetooth unit

Hey all,

After the saga of getting my CD changer enabled I finally got my Dension Gateway 500 working.

Haven't been able to find an answer to this:

Has anyone or does anyone use the BTA1500 unit with their CDR23 + Gateway 500 ?

The manual says it only supports the PCM2 units but im not sure if that's for calls. I only want to use the audio streaming.

Fairly sure I've answered my own question there but wanted to double check.

When I have the BTA1500 unit connected my phone can't find it in Bluetooth devices. Tried resetting everything but couldn't get it to work.

There is one more thing to try and that's setting the DIP switches to PCM2 but that will probably stop it from working.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2017, 04:48 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Quick update on this, I wasn't able to get the BTA1500 working - I also spoke to Erick at bumper plugs who advised that it would only be mono sound even if it did work.

Fast forward a bit and I've found a working solution:

Bovee WMA1000, which i can you confirm works with the Dension Gateway 500 (writing this up here because I couldn't find ANY info on it!).

Happy motoring!
Old 12-14-2017, 02:12 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189
Quick update on this, I wasn't able to get the BTA1500 working - I also spoke to Erick at bumper plugs who advised that it would only be mono sound even if it did work.

Fast forward a bit and I've found a working solution:

Bovee WMA1000, which i can you confirm works with the Dension Gateway 500 (writing this up here because I couldn't find ANY info on it!).

Happy motoring!
thanks for sharing! I've been using my dension-500 with a 30-pin to lightning cable, which works fine too. Good to know there are other options.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:23 AM
dan_189
Race Car

No problem! I hate wires so I wanted something Bluetooth

You can actually control the tracks if you're using an iPhone, ipad etc and your iTunes library.

However because I've got an Android it just streams the music without controls but that's all I was after anyway! Info was really difficult to find so im really happy it works!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:39 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by dan_189
No problem! I hate wires so I wanted something Bluetooth

You can actually control the tracks if you're using an iPhone, ipad etc and your iTunes library.

However because I've got an Android it just streams the music without controls but that's all I was after anyway! Info was really difficult to find so im really happy it works!
Update on this, finally got it all mounted! Made a bracket that is held in by a factor​​​​​​y screw which meant the install the completely in-invasive. Even used Tesa 9mm fabric tape which is the OEM wiring tape!

Used all the existing most connections as well.

Also the best news, the CD-R-23 can actually change the song on both poweramp (Android music app) as well as spotify! THANKS BOVEE! Awesome product and highly recommend!

Old 04-02-2018, 02:34 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

I picked up a Bovee as well, and it's been working great. The BT connection is very reliable, and track switching works with Spotify on iOS too. My Dension was just installed in the empty space below the console, which does allow plugging the cable in directly in the cabin. But the Bovee has been so reliable I haven't had any reason to hard-wire the phone.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:23 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by jayzbird
I picked up a Bovee as well, and it's been working great. The BT connection is very reliable, and track switching works with Spotify on iOS too. My Dension was just installed in the empty space below the console, which does allow plugging the cable in directly in the cabin. But the Bovee has been so reliable I haven't had any reason to hard-wire the phone.
Nice, do you have a pic of how you installed yours?
Old 04-03-2018, 02:34 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

I just posted a thread about the overall install. The Dension came installed with the car when I bought it, so about all I can say is that it fits in there.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:44 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by jayzbird
I just posted a thread about the overall install. The Dension came installed with the car when I bought it, so about all I can say is that it fits in there.
Fair enough, this was something I was tossing up between, installing it in the cabin or installing in the frunk. Ended up going the frunk option and using a 1mm steel bracket into an existing mounting hole. Worked out quite well but still wouldn't mind seeing how it mounts in the console.

While creating the loom I also hardwired a long ctek charging cable too.

Do you have a link to the thread? Found it under your profile, ill have a read!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:34 AM
dan_189
Race Car

FYI for those looking to install bluetooth into their fibre optic/MOST sound systems I came across this:

Amazon Amazon

Would have opted of this over the Dension + Bovee but I didn't know it existed.

Great alternative and a step up from hard wired FM modulator but perhaps a step down from the Dension.

Quick Reply: CDR23 + Dension BTA1500 Bluetooth unit