Sponsored by:

Back to stock ECU flash question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:33 PM
GH996
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by rawbar
The problem is I bought the car in MI. It would pass emissions in MI. Once I got it to MA, it would not pass as the rules are different. I don't think there is any possible way any PPI done in Michigan could have answered the question 'will the car pass emissions in MA'
Glad you got it figured out but Michigan does not require any type of emission testing.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:17 PM
mark.jorgensen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and just like that the problem is gone. Thank you senator. I got a call from the MA RMV telling me they looked at the test results of my car, everything looks fine, the person I've been dealing with should have allowed it to pass and they have cleared the flag preventing me from getting a sticker.

Hallelujah!!

Headed to get a sticker this afternoon.

That's awesome what a WIN!!!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

S**t always rolls downhill. Having worked in the middle of the hill before I retired, I've seen that steaming pile go by me as I help gravity take its course. Whenever I came across a citizen with a real case of unjustified BS from Government - I always pointed them way up the food chain to elected officials. You'd be surprised what happens when a lowly office manager gets a call from the politician's Chief of Staff...
Old 09-26-2017, 02:19 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Thank to Porsche gods!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Porschetech3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,481 Likes on 2,025 Posts

and just like that the problem is gone. Thank you senator. I got a call from the MA RMV telling me they looked at the test results of my car, everything looks fine, the person I've been dealing with should have allowed it to pass and they have cleared the flag preventing me from getting a sticker.

Hallelujah!!

Headed to get a sticker this afternoon.

LOL..Good for you !!! That was much easier and less expensive than fixing the mess caused by the non-OEM flash !!!
Old 09-26-2017, 03:02 PM
gobs
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fingers crossed, my senator's office has taken the case.
I am from Mass although I usually don'y like to admit it LOL
Are you referring to a State Senator or one of two do nothings in Washington?

Last edited by gobs; 09-26-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:22 PM
rawbar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gobs
I am from Mass although I usually don'y like to admit it LOL
Are you referring to a State Senator or one of two do nothings in Washington?
One of our state senators. She used to be one of my city Councillors and I served on a few city committees in the past so we've worked together here and there. I cannot believe how quickly her office fixed this, after months and months of stressing out.

So I now have a sticker. But the evil Norse god Metzger simply wasn't happy about that at all. Right after getting my sticker, I drove to my shop around the corner to make an appointment for some routine maintenance. I walked out of the shop and went to start the car. It barely started. I put my foot on the brake and all sorts of warning lights came on. WTF?? Windows rolled down slowly. My mechanic came out and did a quick battery/alternator test. I had to leave the car there, looks like the ghost of Ferdinand wanted to take one last swing at me and killed my alternator in a fit of F.U.

I got to enjoy my elation over getting a sticker for all of 10 minutes.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:13 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 130 Likes on 115 Posts

So good that you got it all sorted!

Sucks about the alternator/battery but at least you're not in the mess you were before...
Old 09-26-2017, 07:41 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 792 Posts

That's awesome!!! Glad you got it worked out. Too bad you had to jump through hoops because some non- abstract thinking, follow the rules at all costs, mindless, pencil pushing...etc...etc...etc...dolt, wouldn't pick up the phone and find out if there was anything he/she could do to help you out! Good call on going to your State Rep. I wonder if you didn't have the previous personal connection whether you would have gotten the: "we're very sorry there's nothing we can do for you, it's out of our hands" speech...you know the one...
Old 09-26-2017, 08:33 PM
rawbar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dporto
Good call on going to your State Rep. I wonder if you didn't have the previous personal connection whether you would have gotten the: "we're very sorry there's nothing we can do for you, it's out of our hands" speech...you know the one...
Honestly that's completely what I expected. I didn't talk directly to her and I figure her office is probably understaffed and has way too much to do without worrying about some guy's 1st world problems. It was probably 15 minutes between the time I got the email from her office and the time the RMV called telling me the flag was cleared. I'm still kind of in a state of shock that this ordeal is actually over just that quickly.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:48 PM
rawbar
Rennlist Member

Let me also give a HUGE thanks to Jorge at ECU Doctors. Thank you too, to the people here that turned me on to him. He was sending the inspection guy videos and pictures of his testing on his own Porsche and doing research on the OBDII $S09 responses right after he had been hit by a hurricane. I offered to pay him for his time and he declined saying he'd just appreciate a good reference. I can't give a good enough reference for Jorge. He was amazing dealing with this state bozo.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:01 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 792 Posts

Let me also give a HUGE thanks to Jorge at ECU Doctors. Thank you too, to the people here that turned me on to him. He was sending the inspection guy videos and pictures of his testing on his own Porsche and doing research on the OBDII $S09 responses right after he had been hit by a hurricane. I offered to pay him for his time and he declined saying he'd just appreciate a good reference. I can't give a good enough reference for Jorge. He was amazing dealing with this state bozo.
Big Thumbs up to Jorge/ECU Doctors !!!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:12 AM
DBJoe996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 720 Posts

I agree about Jorge @ ECU Doctors. It appears he really went above and beyond. That is why I always recommend them for ECU/DME/Immobilizer issues.
Old 10-23-2023, 04:17 PM
peppy63
AutoX

Would you mind give the name of place that flash you back to stock.

Quick Reply: Back to stock ECU flash question