Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:06 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mullins
03 Midnight (naut) Blue 32K miles w Graphite interior
Great idea on the luggage.
What are the sizes of the two in the frunk?
Old 09-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Mike Mullins
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Luggae Sizes

Thanks, I really liked adding something different to my P Car.

While I'd like to have a set of 40th anniversary luggage, I'd rather spend the $800-1000 on something more useful like a sound system or Michelin's when the Conti's wear out.

I am now getting some 1.5 " Grey leather strap w Buckles that I going to fix in place for the package shelf possible for a touring look and be able to hide when not used.

These are American Tourister Tri-Taper Models (Best I can tell late 60's to early /mid 70's era) Model Labels and lock mechanisms depict era.

Large 27.5'Lx22'Wx8.5"D $50.00 inc. SH

Medium 21.5"Lx17Wx7"D $35.00 inc SH

Frunk closes with no issues, w/Spare Tire but toolkit needs to be stowed on back side . There is some remaining room on side of smaller case for quick detail supplies

Just got back from 2500 mile trip and it was nice to have plenty of carry capacity.

Luggage is just right size as to not have any movement to cause clunk sounds or wear on Frunk lining.

Both (I have 4 total) pieces were found in immaculate condition, and are stored with cedar blocks when not in use.

Set is made from Fiberglass, stainless steel, and aluminum on majority of components,so they weigh virtually nothing empty.

I like the Dark Grey color, but a person could buy / find sets in Blue, Black, Red, White, Brown among 7 offered colors if they looked long enough. perfect matches of most P colors
Over 20 styles/sizes made in each color.

American Tourister was largest manufacturer of tourist luggage for many years and a long time family owned company, later on in 1993 they were bought by Samsonite (largest business Luggage manufacturer) to monopolize the market.

Thanks for your insight on the suspension setup, i really like the handling now that its dropped and tighter, though I should get a skid pan

Thank to Arnuld also , I really like color also, I've had Silver, Black and Light Blue P cars over the years, In the sunlight or parking lot lights it looks best.

Charlieaf92 , Beechmont (now Porsche of Village) is a great PCA supporter. They were always helpful when I was OVR president and would support us in any way possible. I'll never forget one time they flat bedded a customers (bought used from private party) car from the Glen when the local P dealer wouldn't honor his Factory warranty because the Water pipe came loose on the Track. That's outstanding customer Service commitment. The free inspections are nice when you want to have a tech check over your car that is serviced by owner (me).

While Bob H in this 1964 ad is no McQueen or Dean, He was a big spokesperson during his era. He liked the Grey color also.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mike Mullins; 09-09-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 245 Posts

Thanks for the dimensions, another thing to add to my ebay watch list
Old 09-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Mike Mullins
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Still have a couple things on mine

Just got a leather / aluminum look e brake for mine, crossed another off the watch list

Quick Reply: Added some vintage luggage to my Targa