Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Facebook Post
They have a facebook page

Facebook Post
Old 08-19-2017, 03:29 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

You'll definitely need to make a set of MKI's. I have a set I can loan you for development.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:16 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome! You may want to seal up those holes on the lenses though so as to keep dust/road debris from getting inside of those beautiful works of art! Maybe a little clear silicone grommet from Harbor freight or a small clear piece of lexan glued into place from the back side? I assume those holes are to be able to get a long screw driver into the housing to aim the original RSR lights.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:09 AM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Looks awesome! You may want to seal up those holes on the lenses though so as to keep dust/road debris from getting inside of those beautiful works of art! Maybe a little clear silicone grommet from Harbor freight or a small clear piece of lexan glued into place from the back side? I assume those holes are to be able to get a long screw driver into the housing to aim the original RSR lights.
The lenses are getting Lamin-x 8 ml clear protection. So that will seal up the mounting screw hole.

Thxs
Old 08-20-2017, 10:05 PM
twinturbowagon
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweet victory
You'll definitely need to make a set of MKI's. I have a set I can loan you for development.
Do you have HID or Halogen?
Old 08-21-2017, 11:12 AM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by twinturbowagon
Do you have HID or Halogen?
HID low beams, halogen high beam.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:19 PM
twinturbowagon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sweet victory
HID low beams, halogen high beam.
When my schedule opens up I wouldn't mind investigating this, I did some preliminary research on the pre-faclifted lights for someone else and it looks like there are options but it necessitates more research and some headlights in possession.

Let's stay in touch

Evan
Old 08-22-2017, 01:39 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Sounds good! Just give me a heads up whenever you are ready!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:47 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Here they are- they work great after a minor tweek.
Attached Images   

Last edited by RDS928S; 08-29-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:38 PM
strathconaman
Three Wheelin'

Received 200 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
Here they are- too bad they dont work after $2k+ investment
When you say "don't work" do you mean they disrupt the flow of Qi, or they don't make light?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:50 AM
twinturbowagon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by strathconaman
When you say "don't work" do you mean they disrupt the flow of Qi, or they don't make light?
RDS928S made the same posts on various sites so here is my response from another location explaining the situation...

Rest assured I am working to get this resolved.

Evan

"I will offer some info for those interested as I am the one who built the lights. They were shipped and installed by another shop so I was unable to oversee the install and once I was informed of the issues by Rich, I contacted the shop to collect information so I could further diagnose the situation.

The lights currently have 2 issues, one is the fog lights are non-responsive and two is the LED turn signal bulbs "hyper flash."

The main Bi-Xenon projectors are fully functional.

The turn signal bulbs I purchased are CANBUS specific are designed to eliminate the hyper flashing without any additional resistors, it is odd that they are not working as advertised and I will be bringing this up with the company and executing a return if they don't have another solution. Where the turn signals do hyperflash, they are legal and operational.

As for the fog lights there is a chance the polarity is backwards so the tech who installed the lights (and currently has Rich's 996) will test this in the AM and report back. If it doesn't resolve the issue I will be express shipping some CANBUS specifc HID ballasts and a wiring harness/relay which should ultimately resolve the issue.

I would have appreciated the opportunity to resolve this issue before having it shared in this manner on social media but at this point I am simply working with the installer/tech to remotely resolve this issue and make Rich's lights fully functional."
Old 08-29-2017, 03:05 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by twinturbowagon
RDS928S made the same posts on various sites so here is my response from another location explaining the situation...

Rest assured I am working to get this resolved.

Evan

"I will offer some info for those interested as I am the one who built the lights. They were shipped and installed by another shop so I was unable to oversee the install and once I was informed of the issues by Rich, I contacted the shop to collect information so I could further diagnose the situation.

The lights currently have 2 issues, one is the fog lights are non-responsive and two is the LED turn signal bulbs "hyper flash."

The main Bi-Xenon projectors are fully functional.

The turn signal bulbs I purchased are CANBUS specific are designed to eliminate the hyper flashing without any additional resistors, it is odd that they are not working as advertised and I will be bringing this up with the company and executing a return if they don't have another solution. Where the turn signals do hyperflash, they are legal and operational.

As for the fog lights there is a chance the polarity is backwards so the tech who installed the lights (and currently has Rich's 996) will test this in the AM and report back. If it doesn't resolve the issue I will be express shipping some CANBUS specifc HID ballasts and a wiring harness/relay which should ultimately resolve the issue.

I would have appreciated the opportunity to resolve this issue before having it shared in this manner on social media but at this point I am simply working with the installer/tech to remotely resolve this issue and make Rich's lights fully functional."
Yah, you should of had a fair chance to resolve the issue before being bashed on the internet. Clearly you put a lot of hard work into this and it shows...
Keep us posted.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:02 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Default Headlights are working just fine now!

To all:

I was out of line yesterday & stressing big time over the project. I went off & it as wrong.

My sincere apologies To Evan. He remedied the situation ASAP!

Im thrilled with the headlight project. It came out perfect. His work is really great.

I was the one who acted foolishly.

Thanks again Evan
Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2017, 02:09 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Glad y'all figured it out (both the technical and social media issues) before it spiraled out of control...

I saw your 'NOT WORKING' post on at least three different forums or social media groups.

Post a few high quality outdoor pictures showing the whole front end of the car with the lights installed and I can finally unsubscribe from this thread!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:15 PM
twinturbowagon
Intermediate

Just to conclude the issues + resolutions....

The fog light issue was polarity, this was resolved by simply swapping the wires.

I have ordered with expedited shipping a LED-specific hazard relay (PN CF13GL-02) which will be an easy PNP solution to resolve the "hyperflashing" of the LED turn signal bulbs.

Rich will have his headlights fully functional before his car show this weekend.

Evan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High Performance 996 Headlights: Build Log