Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Skater owns a 993TT

http://www.canoe.ca/SportsXtraNews/1029_stojko.html
Old 10-31-2003, 01:31 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't figure out what the point of the article is.... I think that it's a pretty poorly written article.

Is it an article about figure skating? Or an article about getting your "dream" car? Or is it about ??? The article was so light on all those fronts, that I think it's more of an easy reading coffee table article.

So a figure skater ( or another other person for that matter ) owns a 820HP ( and I seriously doubt those numbers ) 993TT.... Big whoop.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:37 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Come on Jeff - the odometer goes to 320 km/hr. I think the point must be that not all male figure skaters are wussies (not that I thought that anyway). The 820 HP number must have come from the same place as the 320 km/hr odometer - out of a ditzy writer's flawed memory.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:01 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, I think the horsepower exhange rate is 2:1, Canadian HP:US HP.

Therefore, 820 C-HP is about right and believable
Old 10-31-2003, 03:29 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Mike,
That's a good one...

Bill, are you coming to Bob's house tomorrow? We are going my suspension install. It should be fun. And the invincashield that you help me install is holding up great! I can barely notice it on the car.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:36 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

"Elvis Stojko...drives a metallic black Porsche 911 twin turbo 993 model that accelerates to 140 km/h in ten seconds"

Wow! all the way to 140 KM/H in just 10 Seconds???!!

0-86MPH in 10 Seconds!! That thing really must have 820HP.

Old 11-01-2003, 02:54 AM
vrus
Racer

Elvis is a friend of mine and uses the same tuner that I do. (Solaroli Motorsports).

If you search back in the threads you will see a post from me about Al's 858RWHP 993TT.. Elvis' car is in fact at 820 FWHP.

He is a very down to earth guy and he has an awesome 993TT.

If any of you guys are ever up in Toronto, Ontario let me know and I'll arrange for you to see Al's 858RWHP 993TT up close and personal.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:48 PM
TUNER

I sold Al the parts for his car and there is no way it has 858rwhp. I did the
the complete motor including ECU. If lucky on a Bosch Engine dino at 1.5 bars of boost it might have low 700HP level at the flywheel.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:01 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Victor - who is Al? This is the first I have ever heard of a 993TT with that much HP. I know Andial did a 3.8 993TT that made something like 570HP - but that was a massive and very expensive rebuild of the entire engine - with all sorts of other upgrades (you can read the Excellence article about this on Andial's site).

I see you list your car at 600 HP - do you have a dyno sheet you can post as I would be curious to see the power band. I am not doubting you as based on the list of cars on your site, I presume you would have an idea whether or not your car made 600 HP just from the seat of the pants - this is how I come to 520 HP on my 993TT. Weissach did the upgrades to my car and they placed it around that level but never dynoed it. I have a 930 that I have dynoed at 475 HP and based on that I feel comfortable stating that my 993TT is a real 520 HP (the 993TT is quicker while also weighing over 300 pounds more).
Old 11-14-2003, 12:11 PM
vrus
Racer

Originally posted by TUNER
I sold Al the parts for his car and there is no way it has 858rwhp. I did the
the complete motor including ECU. If lucky on a Bosch Engine dino at 1.5 bars of boost it might have low 700HP level at the flywheel.
Hmm. That is interesting because I saw Al put the engine together in his workshop. The car that the engine is sitting in used to belong to me (you can see pics of it on my website). I saw the engine in various stages as it was being assembled and it was all done here in Toronto.

He acquired a 993TT motor and stripped it, then put it back together in 3.8L, twin plug configuration with all the trimmings.

All of the parts for the car came from Germany from FVD. I am not sure who you are, but you may have him confused with someone else. What is your name? I will mention it to him when I see him next.

Also, Al does all of the tuning himself with his software. I know that he enlisted some tuning help from Germany to get the twin plug working properly because he was melting ECUs.

He did tell me that he dyno'd the car on an AWD dyno in Florida but I dont know which shop it was.

His car started out at much lower horsepower until he perfected it just this year. It is now running 1.7BAR and makes 858RWHP. I have been in the car and have seen the tell-tale needle on the boost gauge point to 1.7.

Maybe if you did see the car, it was during its initial construction. I know it has changed quite a bit and he worked on it for almost 2 years to get it where it's at now.

If you know Al, then you know about his Adiabatic Engine technology. This motor in the 993 is partly Adiabatic.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:28 PM
vrus
Racer

Originally posted by ZCAT3
Victor - who is Al? This is the first I have ever heard of a 993TT with that much HP. I know Andial did a 3.8 993TT that made something like 570HP - but that was a massive and very expensive rebuild of the entire engine - with all sorts of other upgrades (you can read the Excellence article about this on Andial's site).

I see you list your car at 600 HP - do you have a dyno sheet you can post as I would be curious to see the power band. I am not doubting you as based on the list of cars on your site, I presume you would have an idea whether or not your car made 600 HP just from the seat of the pants - this is how I come to 520 HP on my 993TT. Weissach did the upgrades to my car and they placed it around that level but never dynoed it. I have a 930 that I have dynoed at 475 HP and based on that I feel comfortable stating that my 993TT is a real 520 HP (the 993TT is quicker while also weighing over 300 pounds more).
Al is an engine builder/tuner. He is an engineer by trade and works tuning Porsches. He knows his stuff and has several patents under his belt. Do a search for the word ADIABATIC on this board and you will see some posts I made explaining his car and the technology.

My car was not dyno'd in front of me, but a duplicate engine the same as mine was dyno'd and came to 600 HP at the crank. It is an estimate that I put down and has never been verified on a dyno.

But, we did drag race my car on a rolling start against a 930 RUF 550hp Porsche and my car pulled away like he was standing still, so I know I am close to that figure. Better yet, drag racing a Honda CBR929RR on a roll, my car was dead even in the middle of 3rd gear, and by the top of 4th was ahead by a few cars.. The CBR929RR puts approx 124hp to the floor so my car is pretty quick. I think my boost was set to somewhere between 1.1 and 1.2BAR.

Quick Reply: Speed Skater owns a 993TT