not many threads recently

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:08 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
Did you mean pics of my daughter or her car? Attached are both (be nice...)
sorry - I was really trying to take the high road and was looking for the pink car pix. That being said, your daughter's pic is a welcome addition to the thread and with p-car content to boot
Old 10-14-2016, 12:32 PM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess it's a phase in the popularity of 'collecting' that's reduced the usage and hence problems (and related posts)!

Personally, I've just had pss10 installed along with new top mounts and a really great alignment done (aimed more at fast road than track) and I've been driving it daily since!

I'm hoping that most of my problems are behind me!
Old 10-15-2016, 02:09 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
Any suggestions for the next project?
time to change the stock steering wheel...
Old 10-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

^ hmm
Old 10-16-2016, 02:00 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I tend to think a lot of these cars were sold to collectors or made into garage queens .
I've been away from this forum for a decade or so, and I'm shocked at the lack of traffic.

Spending that time mostly in exotic Italian forums, Quad has it mostly right. As the Italian cars would become collectable, the owners get more wealthy as the regular guys (like me I admit) get squeezed out. And the wealthy guys just have no use for forums.

They don't care about the pricing (like the thread I started) or service.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I think there have been a few things going on, but a lot of it is due to the rapid inflation of price over the last few years. That has resulted in:

- the pool of people owning/playing with the car have significantly changed. No younger enthusiasts anymore, you need significant means to pickup a 993TT these days
- DIY's have dropped, the new owners seem to tend to stick to shops more (perhaps due to a perceived risk of screwing up on an expensive vehicle)
- now less tendency to mod these cars (other than cosmetics like wheels) given keeping it stock seem to be valued more
- The cars are driven much less, driving less issues and maintenance

As for myself, I post and troll the forums much less now than before because, well, i have seen most of it before. Not sure how many "what oil to use" or "what tires are best" threads I can take. I used to be a heavy poster, but lately I glance at the forums, and while I have answers that people can use, I don't bother since I have typed that answer a dozen times before ...

As for projects, still working out how to rebuild my custom exhaust with vacuum bypass valves to change the exhaust note, but its not pressing with other non-Porsche projects I have in the queue, so I may not get to it until Christmas (or next year!).

Cheers,

Mike
Old 10-18-2016, 07:11 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

We luddites hope you don't bail on us completely Mike. I've found the advice and input on this forum invaluable since my 2009 purchase. Even though she's tripled in value, I can't think of anything I'd rather drive.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:46 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
I think there have been a few things going on, but a lot of it is due to the rapid inflation of price over the last few years. That has resulted in:

- the pool of people owning/playing with the car have significantly changed. No younger enthusiasts anymore, you need significant means to pickup a 993TT these days
- DIY's have dropped, the new owners seem to tend to stick to shops more (perhaps due to a perceived risk of screwing up on an expensive vehicle)
- now less tendency to mod these cars (other than cosmetics like wheels) given keeping it stock seem to be valued more
- The cars are driven much less, driving less issues and maintenance

As for myself, I post and troll the forums much less now than before because, well, i have seen most of it before. Not sure how many "what oil to use" or "what tires are best" threads I can take. I used to be a heavy poster, but lately I glance at the forums, and while I have answers that people can use, I don't bother since I have typed that answer a dozen times before ...

As for projects, still working out how to rebuild my custom exhaust with vacuum bypass valves to change the exhaust note, but its not pressing with other non-Porsche projects I have in the queue, so I may not get to it until Christmas (or next year!).

Cheers,

Mike
This^^
The same thing happened with the 930, basically a dead forum now.

Quick Reply: not many threads recently