Old 03-03-2020, 10:50 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

http://ultimatemotorwerks.com/clutch.html

Go and look up the 4.0 RS/Turbo clutch options. It's a great street turbo clutch..
Old 03-03-2020, 11:05 PM
Meenrod
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Thanks Kevin. What the difference between the GT3 / Turbo 4.0 clutch kit and the GT3 lightweight flywheel clutch kit? One is Sachs and the other Porsche (with Sachs clutch)?
Old 03-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

The 4.0 is a newer design and stronger clutch disk (designed for the 4.0 liter 997GT3RS) It is quieter (doesn't chatter as much vs the GT3 disk) Sachs manufacturers all the clutch components for Porsche..
Old 03-03-2020, 11:36 PM
Meenrod
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

And which is the better street clutch? My car has around 400 HP and 360 TQ. I don't want something too heavy. Can the slave cylinder be upgraded?
Old 03-05-2020, 03:05 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Use an MPL slave to help with a heavy clutch since you do not have the power assist circuit of the Turbo. A bit of a heads up - I had major issues on my Turbo with Kevin's provided kit some years ago (LWF, GT3 disk, Motorsport PP (don't have the number ready), the engagement point was basically on the floor - I drove it like that for a while then needed to address it - Kevin really was no help, and when contacting Sachs directly their technical support people were useless. I finally removed that pressure plate, and replaced the PP with a stock Turbo PP, and the engagement point is now perfect - used the same through out bearing since the mileage was low, so it was definitely a defective pressure plate that no one will back up. Now I am stuck with an expensive defective pressure plate that the manufacturer is unable to provide measurement data to confirm its defective, and even low miles, too much time has passed to try to return it.

I guess what i am saying is if you go for combinations of components that are not "stock", make sure they work quickly and you are satisfied quickly so you have a chance to address the situation while the iron is hot, so to speak.

On your car, you can use the combo Kevin supplies, but I can almost guarantee it will be heavy. - so also add the MPL (assuming the engagement point is normal given the MPL will lower it a tiny bit), and perhaps use a lighter pressure plate. The stock Turbo PP is rated for your power.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-10-2022, 09:31 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

Hey all,
sorry to bring this old thread up again but didn't get much help from the NA 993 forum. Got the 4.0 clutch disk and the standard 964 LWFW and running into the same issue where the elevated spring deck won't fit into the space in the flywheel. The stock bolts are not long enough to get it started. Can anyone explain how they bolted this together? Just start with longer bolts and replace with the correct ones one by one? Would like not to damage my expensive parts here. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:12 PM
WingChun
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Hey all,
sorry to bring this old thread up again but didn't get much help from the NA 993 forum. Got the 4.0 clutch disk and the standard 964 LWFW and running into the same issue where the elevated spring deck won't fit into the space in the flywheel. The stock bolts are not long enough to get it started. Can anyone explain how they bolted this together? Just start with longer bolts and replace with the correct ones one by one? Would like not to damage my expensive parts here. Thanks.
The 4.0 RS disk only goes in one way, impossible to get it wrong like the old 964 disk. No extra long bolts needed just stock bolts.
Look at the photos and comments at the thread start and you'll understand. I've been running this setup for 12k miles, no issues at all.

Quick Reply: Help with LWF & RS 4.0 clutch disc