Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Near new Fabspeed SportCat X-Pipe for the Porsche 993 Turbo / Turbo S.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015 | 04:24 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default FS: Near new Fabspeed SportCat X-Pipe for the Porsche 993 Turbo / Turbo S.

As listed in the for sale section - Fabspeed 993 Turbo/Turbo S SportCat X-pipe
  • The system is about 6 months old, was on the car for less than two weeks and has less than 200 miles of use, so it's practically brand new. The system has been sitting on the shelf since January.
  • The system runs from the exhaust output of the Turbos to the intakes of your existing mufflers – it replaces the stock stock catalytic convertors and includes a tuned X-pipe. Two HJS 200 cell sport cats are included and are removable to replace with bypasses - not included but available from Fabspeed.
  • The replacement cost of the catalytic convertors alone are $1000 – I know, I priced them out.
  • The units are perfect operationally but there is both natural heat colouring of the stainless components, and some impact markings on the surface of the left side of the unit where a O2 sensor got loose while on the highway and repeatedly bounced from the ground to the exhaust (long story!). The markings are superficial and will not be as obvious once the pipes have been used and have consistent colouring.

So why am I selling? Well, I purchased the system thinking I would never have time to build my own, but shortly after I installed them (like the next day) I took the car off the road for two months and work slowed down – so I ended up with some time – and with the continued strong itch to do my own system – I built my own version – and yes I will post what I did in a bit. I did learn that it’s very cost ineffective to build a custom system unless your labour is free!

There are a lot of videos of this system, on my car it sounded awesome and I would definitely have kept it on the car without that damn DIY itch!

Fabspeed retails this system for $2895, so I am asking $1950USD firm. At that price I am temped to keep it given that is close to the cost of the components to fabricate one up (including the cats of course), but it’s been sitting on my shelf and that does no one any good.

I thought I would offer a few purchasing options:
  • $1950 USD via Paypal, you pay for the shipping and any Paypal fees, shipping available to anywhere in Canada or USA. I will bring the unit over the border so it will be shipped in the USA if needed to avoid customs charges. If you are in Canada, you are home free.
  • $1950 USD cash and if you come to my shop in Vancouver, I will install the system in trade for removing the hassle of boxing and shipping the unit
  • $1950 USD cash, exchanged at 993 Fest which also eliminates the shipping cost/hassle.

Let me know if any more pictures are needed. I will process any PM’s in chronological order. Questions are not deals, only firm offers or agreed to deals count.

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-993-...rt-cat-x-pipe/

Thanks!

Mike

Old 06-17-2015 | 06:05 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Deal pending - completion at 993Fest.
Old 06-18-2015 | 01:37 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Just don't forget to post up what you made!!!!!!! :-)

Quick Reply: FS: Near new Fabspeed SportCat X-Pipe for the Porsche 993 Turbo / Turbo S.