Sponsored by:

Looking to trade 993 C4S and cash for TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 PM
cmd4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to trade 993 C4S and cash for TT

Just tossing this out there since this has ocurred to me from time to time.Seeing if there is anyone out there who wants a NA WB and some loot.Looking for more of a driver TT. Higher mileage okay and paint work doens't necessarily bother me either.I'd potentially be looking to trade and maybe 15-20k on my end.Yes i know it maybe be wishful thinking…but i thought i'd toss it out there and see if anyone interested. Never know right! Details on mine? 96 midnight/cashmere,motor sound,factory stainless sills,root wood,rear wiper and 100k.Recent big service done and new gaskets and seal all the way around…plus have a set of matching cashmere hardbacks for it.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Johnny_law
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmd4
Yes i know it maybe be wishful thinking.…
Yup.

Crazy market.

Good luck though, I know several of us that are thanking our lucky stars we got in when we did.

When and if the market falls, we'll still have a great car. A C4S is great too so the downside isn't so bad.

Johnny
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..........was that a tumbleweed?
Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

I am curious what the right differential or ratio would be between a C4S and a TT. I'm guessing that the ratio might be 1.5x or more, so that a $60k C4S would be $90k if it were a TT in the same condition. If that is the case, you might need to double the cash in the deal to get any interest.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Johnny_law
Pro

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
I am curious what the right differential or ratio would be between a C4S and a TT. I'm guessing that the ratio might be 1.5x or more, so that a $60k C4S would be $90k if it were a TT in the same condition. If that is the case, you might need to double the cash in the deal to get any interest.
I really don't think it's that simple. Although prices are going up across the board, it is the low mileage cars that are getting the biggest bump. When it comes to miles I bet there are more CS4's with higher miles than there are turbo's. It just gets to be a less probable trade.

So when you get to higher mileage turbos I bet the ratio decreases. What do you think?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:07 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 129 Posts

I really don't know. I think one of the surprising things over the last year is that you see these cars with 40k miles now getting close to 100k. Of course higher miles -> lower price generally, but I don't think that effect is particularly stronger for TT cars than NA cars. In fact, I think if a car becomes really collectible, at a point, condition begins to matter a lot more than miles. I'm guessing that is because with very expensive cars there is value to keeping them maintained and nearly perfect regardless of the miles; there is probably a return on buying a crappy car that could be fixed up into a collectible. It doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot to restore a car that has less upside in value. That is all just a guess.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:18 PM
cmd4
Pro

Last higher mileage TT sold here just a few eeks ago for 60k or a bit under,it had higher mileage.I tried to jump on it….but somebody beat me to it.Oh well
Old 03-29-2014, 11:18 AM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Not bad trying to reach out. I would have seriously considered this 2 years ago. I just got a few too many tickets and I'm growing out of the "fast" car thing. I've got 93k on my turbo right now with midnight blue hardbacks. I got my first ride in an n/a 993 with motorsound and I loved the sound. In fact I ripped the exhaust out of my car yesterday and i'm in the process of replacing my leaky valve cover gaskets and general cosmetic restoration of the rear. Going to mod the mufflers at the same time. Right now I've just got too much going on but i'll definitely contact you if I change my mind. Funny I just had a phone interview with a company in Asheville...
Old 03-29-2014, 11:43 PM
cmd4
Pro

Pm sent uicnick and happy job hunting!

Quick Reply: Looking to trade 993 C4S and cash for TT