Sponsored by:

My car is a little bit faster...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
The dyno ramp rate will control the way the engine accelerates up the RPM range. I have this same dyno.

Many engine dyno runs are run in a ramp RPM Hold release to next RPM hold and release vs a full RPM sweep. This dyno can also be run in that simulated RPM Hold and release in a stepped rate.
So the graphs I have are from a full sweep vs the RS tuning graphs with multiple discrete points connected/plotted (what looks like by hand), is more likely a 'rpm hold/release to next RPM' type of graph? So the dyno holds at a certain rpm at WOT until boost/power builds to max at that rpm?

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Other than my tires, I now have a better excuse for not being able to keep up at the track.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 334 Likes on 224 Posts

Yes, you are correct about the full sweep from the launch/release point and the ending RPM point. However, the dyno operator can adjust the time between these two points. The dyno operator WILL control this ramp rate in seconds.. Find out and ask what the ramp rate was. 6 seconds, 10 seconds or more between the two points. The engine will not be able to break out of that ramp rate.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

The ramp rate was 4 seconds..
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM
SSTAR
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Basal, Thrilled the motor is in your car and pulling strong. Thanks for such an easy transaction...this place is great!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSTAR
Basal, Thrilled the motor is in your car and pulling strong. Thanks for such an easy transaction...this place is great!
Thanx, yes it is a great place.

Had the car out on the track today but was very very wet and did not do any data logging. I can tell the car is much faster/has lots of power though. Motor ran great. Power delivery very similar to previous below 3500 rpm, but above that, wow, pulls really nicely!! I may or may not get out again this year, will look forward to my next track day.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Bernie930
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are a very brave man driving that car with 2wd in the rain, wow. Little nuts?
Old 08-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

A wet track day is better than no track day! Didn't have any 'offs' and got home safe so did okay - am happy. It did get a little dicey in a few corners with standing water and hydroplaning on the front straight but could get quite a bit of the power down with some care, the motor is very well behaved. Thanx again.

Quick Reply: My car is a little bit faster...