Sponsored by:

SY 993 Twin Turbo at Canepa

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:29 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Yes, the car probably hasn't been serviced. How is that going to fix the massive puddle of oil in the passenger-side turbo? Unless they replace the wrong oil filter and clean the intercooler and drain the turbo. Of course, since Bruce DID all the previous service on this car, if it has the wrong oil filter, he will probably put another wrong one on. Or perhaps there are some other issues causing the smoke? I don't know, but it is unlikely that a "service" will correct this issue. Perhaps all this extremely low mileage car needs is a good, ls fashioned Italian tune up?

So, I'm an ******* for pointing out there is a oil smoke issue with this car? I went to view the car for another Rennlister, and I would have been remiss to NOT point this out to him as a potential problem.

I repeat... this car is absolutely PERFECT in every respect. The paint needs a good polish, and this oil smoke issue needs to be addressed. Period.
Someone else on the forum mentioned he was doing the 996 oil line fix.

Why would you assume he did all the services on the car? Did Bruce tell you that himself? Otherwise just hearsay, I believe there was never a complete description of the car on the website.
Be remiss and share with the world not just a Rennlist member as you have so eloquently done. I have never seen the car, but I wouldn't place photos of Canepa or anyone else's anywhere without going to them 1st and saying hey this ok or are you going to take care of this or Houston we may have a problem.
Some neighbor you are, you probably go into Canepa and act like you own the joint. I think I will send Bruce a photo of your car and tell him this guy says he is a neighbor and enjoys your Cars and Coffee. Heard the car is sold. So I guess that guy was lucky enough to not have internet friends.

Last edited by CruzCtrl; 07-30-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:36 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Señor:CrzCtrl
Steve puede ser un pendejo.....
¡Pero no para relatar la verdad!
Es uno de los miembros más serviciales de nuestra comunidad Rennlist.

And now you suggest physical violence would be appropriate?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Señor:CrzCtrl
Steve puede ser un pendejo.....
¡Pero no para relatar la verdad!
Es uno de los miembros más serviciales de nuestra comunidad Rennlist.

And now you suggest physical violence would be appropriate?
Gracias de Scott!
Voy a tomar eso en cuenta la próxima vez que le llamo un pendejo.

No violence, just saying Steve claims to head into Canepa often and I figured Bruce would want to know who lights him up on the Rennlist. His neighbor Steve.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzCtrl
Someone else on the forum mentioned he was doing the 996 oil line fix.

Why would you assume he did all the services on the car? Did Bruce tell you that himself? Otherwise just hearsay, I believe there was never a complete description of the car on the website.
Be remiss and share with the world not just a Rennlist member as you have so eloquently done. I have never seen the car, but I wouldn't place photos of Canepa or anyone else's anywhere without going to them 1st and saying hey this ok or are you going to take care of this or Houston we may have a problem.
Some neighbor you are, you probably go into Canepa and act like you own the joint. I think I will send Bruce a photo of your car and tell him this guy says he is a neighbor and enjoys your Cars and Coffee. My friends say I am a Junk Yard Dog, and I think Bruce could break a few guys in half. Not saying he would do that, but I think I would like to be there just in case. Maybe I will make it 2nd Sat. in August and watch. I am coming up the Tuesday after anyway. What's a few extra days?

Heard the car is sold. So I guess that guy was lucky enough to not have internet friends.
Sean, the salesman for Bruce told me that this car was owned by Bruce's close friend. Since its a local car, I ASSUMED that it would have been serviced there. And MAYBE this can be fixed simply. But it needs to be addressed. Your threats are poorly made. Your arguments are poorly reasoned. Please go away.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:08 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cruz, you sure seem to have a lot invested in this, especially for being a such new user to this site.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Sean, the salesman for Bruce told me that this car was owned by Bruce's close friend. Since its a local car, I ASSUMED that it would have been serviced there. And MAYBE this can be fixed simply. But it needs to be addressed. Your threats are poorly made. Your arguments are poorly reasoned. Please go away.
Car was from a friend of Bruce's who lives in San Juan Capistrano. Car has always lived in So. Cal. I imagine Bruce probably never serviced the car before in it's life until it arrived at Canepa for sale, which hasn't been done yet. As many here have said including one of the people trying to buy it.

Again I have no skin in the game, and either do you, and yet you enjoy his facility and his cars and coffee. That is why you are an ***, once again some neighbor.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gracias de Scott!
Voy a tomar eso en cuenta la próxima vez que le llamo un pendejo.

No violence, just saying Steve claims to head into Canepa often and I figured Bruce would want to know who lights him up on the Rennlist. His neighbor Steve.
CruzCtrl,

I'm not sure Steve is lighting Bruce up, so much as you are lighting up Steve Without reason.

These forums are for information to be freely shared. Especially, constructive information pertaining to the original topic.

The car is/was available to the free market and an opinion on it has been solicited, and given, with a mild caveat.

Go censor somewhere else and beat it punk.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:30 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,411 Likes on 2,516 Posts

no defense against ******** from your home town.
That is why you are an ***, once again some neighbor.
You're such the coward. You are probably smart enough to never talk face-to-face like this, but you do it here? You suffer from a little too much keyboard testosterone.

Now, please, just go away.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Not sure what happened to this thread.

I can assure you after 14 years as a Army Military Police officer, few things are worse than watching a old women fight, and thats old men.
No one has ability anymore to break anyone or anything except in their own minds remembering back about 30 years ago.

Car is sold, some rich guy paid probably a record some of money for it that most of us wouldn't. But he's probably got more money than Keith Richards so its not a big deal.
He will have Bruce fix the issue with the check valves and have a mint specimen of a car that will be worth $250k in 5 years. Bruce wins, the new owner wins!

I vote to move on
Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PecosBill
Cruz, you sure seem to have a lot invested in this, especially for being a such new user to this site.

I have bought many a car from many in the business. None have been as good as the car I bought from Bruce. In fact the only car I ever bought that was better then described.
We all make mistakes Bruce is no exception. At the end of the day I said it here unless you have skin in the game, you are just a spectator. Business is tough enough for all of us. To have Steve posting pix of a car he has no investment in, yet uses the Canepa facility and enjoys it. Tells me Steve is not a friend just one who will kick a neighbor enjoy his cool cars and never give the neighbor a heads up that he is about to bash him on a website for the world to see.

To answer your initial question, right now I have a bit more free time then usual so surfing the forums.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
Not sure what happened to this thread.

I can assure you after 14 years as a Army Military Police officer, few things are worse than watching a old women fight, and thats old men.
No one has ability anymore to break anyone or anything except in their own minds remembering back about 30 years ago.

Car is sold, some rich guy paid probably a record some of money for it that most of us wouldn't. But he's probably got more money than Keith Richards so its not a big deal.
He will have Bruce fix the issue with the check valves and have a mint specimen of a car that will be worth $250k in 5 years. Bruce wins, the new owner wins!

I vote to move on
Moving on car is sold and I agree, wise investment on the SY, and NYC123 old car is being enjoyed and worth more then when he bought salvage or not.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM
TTKan
Pro

I think there is a deeper principle at work here - we should be able to openly debate the pros and cons of a particular car without the discussion devolving into a series of ad hominem attacks.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,411 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
I can assure you after 14 years as a Army Military Police officer,
Like Jack Reacher? Love those books. He always gets the hot chick too. Can't wait for September when "Never Go Back" gets released.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

The car was marketed for sale. Around here, it is common practice for a member that is close to a Porsche that has come on the market, to check it out and post his findings. Most find that info useful.

Bruce Canepa has been part of the Porsche community for a long, long, time. He also has been a car dealer for a long time, and he, I am sure, knows what to expect. If he was looking to purchase a car on the other side of the country, I am sure he would depend on the opinion of a trusted source before pursuing a deal. He is a big boy, and he has taken bigger hits to his reputation in the past.

We all believe that any car is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, but that number is only real if the buyer is an educated buyer. Like was said earlier, the car could have issues, and a buyer might come along who loves it enough to buy it and then take care of the issues on his dime, or maybe Canepa takes care of them as part of the deal, either way, it shouldn't bother any honest dealer if the issues are brought out in the open.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TTKan
I think there is a deeper principle at work here - we should be able to openly debate the pros and cons of a particular car without the discussion devolving into a series of ad hominem attacks.
I am all for debate.
I am sure Canepa was being nice to Steve, a guy whom they see all the time at Cars and Coffee. Sure we will start the car and probably told Steve the car hadn't been serviced or wasn't done. They proceed to start the car on the showroom, and Steve straight up says thanks, and then posts photos. Steve is a guy you should warn your friends and neighbors about.

Quick Reply: SY 993 Twin Turbo at Canepa