Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SY 993 Twin Turbo at Canepa

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:07 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 100 Posts

Not sure how long it will take to find a buyer but that's how much cars like that require. Might depend too on what the buyers sales tax is. I have a hard time believing a California buyer would then accept tacking on 8-9% sales tax. I just hope when it does sell for whatever price the buyer drives it.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 AM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by handdoc
130...i spoke w/ him about it

while i am sure its a nice example, great color combo w sport seats its overpriced...he said no movement

willhoit has a similar arena red car more realistically priced

Arena Red is not an up charge color. Similar maybe, but up charge never.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM
TTKan
Pro

I guess what I am trying to figure out is whether the unfortunate event between NYC123 and Canepa was an outlier, or standard practice for Bruce. If it is the latter, it is hard for me to understand Canepa's success in the marketplace given how fast information spreads in our digital society.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TTKan
I guess what I am trying to figure out is whether the unfortunate event between NYC123 and Canepa was an outlier, or standard practice for Bruce. If it is the latter, it is hard for me to understand Canepa's success in the marketplace given how fast information spreads in our digital society.
2d hand information here, so take it for what it's worth.

Deleted: Made a call. Wrong shop.

For around a half MM, I would expect unmitigated honesty.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:00 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TTKan
Well said. A man of wisdom, instead of an armchair pundit.

NYC is the only one with skin in that deal.

I would be pissed sure, mad yes. Maybe Canepa doesn't deserve NYC forgiveness. Whatever. You said you got your money back, move on and let it go.

I would guess by your rage NYC not the only person you have sued.

Would you like my ex wife's phone number?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 186 Posts

Bottom line is, they are all car dealers and I would never ever trust any of those scum bags, regardless of whom I am purchasing my car from, period.

We, the consumer has to do our own home work before making the purchase.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KaiB
2d hand information here, so take it for what it's worth.

I have from an impeccable source that a rare race car sold out of his shop last year - as perfectly restored - was not. Much was wrong with the car and it took quite a few $$ to set it right. The casual purchaser would not have known, but experts did.

For around a half MM, I would expect unmitigated honesty.
Of which car do you speak? I am sure most think Canepa restored the 917/10 that he is working on now. He did not. He detailed it for Mecum to sell for 5.5 million. Many of the racecars Canepa sells are restored by others. He sells them, by qualified restores who have great reputations also. Cars break, especially racecars. So which car was it? Inquiring minds would like to know. Are you sure Bruce restored it? I don't even know Canepa well, but I know he put on the last RennSport and Ralph Lauren and so many others drive badass 959's he did. Haters gonna hate.

That is why I am a stock/commodities broker no one hates us.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NYC123
Bruce is a total scumbag and pathological liar. Sure I got my money back after getting a lawyer to sue him and tracking down the previous owner who sold him the car and getting a copy of a signed "salvage disclosure statement" on Canepa letter head with Bruce's signature. Car could be great, but he is a bad bad guy.
Most lawsuits end with both parties having to shut their mouth.

Was this not the case in your lawsuit?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:37 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Whatever. Great looking car.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzCtrl

No, because it never made it to a court. Once I obtained the salvage disclosure agreement from the previous owner and signed by Bruce, his story quickly changed from several weeks of claiming "it cant be true this is a perfect car out of a known collection, to "oh **** you got me where do I sent the money and please dont tell anybody"
Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said. A man of wisdom, instead of an armchair pundit.

NYC is the only one with skin in that deal.

I would be pissed sure, mad yes. Maybe Canepa doesn't deserve NYC forgiveness. Whatever. You said you got your money back, move on and let it go.

I would guess by your rage NYC not the only person you have sued.

Would you like my ex wife's phone number?
sorry cant help you with your ex wife. and having collected well over 75 high end cars, no I have never had any major issue or legal problem with anybody else in the biz. I actually have several high end and vintage dealers I would highly recommend.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NYC123
sorry cant help you with your ex wife. and having collected well over 75 high end cars, no I have never had any major issue or legal problem with anybody else in the biz. I actually have several high end and vintage dealers I would highly recommend.
Glad I only guessed and didn't assume. I had a 50/50 shot with a guess. Guessed wrong.

I have and have had multiple high end cars also, and can recommend a number of High End Dealers as well.

Canepa being on the short list of highly recommended!

A few in your neck of the woods I would avoid without question. Since I am not in the smear the business man campaign, I will leave that to the POTUS.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:35 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I only guessed and didn't assume. I had a 50/50 shot with a guess. Guessed wrong.

I have and have had multiple high end cars also, and can recommend a number of High End Dealers as well.

Canepa being on the short list of highly recommended!

A few in your neck of the woods I would avoid without question. Since I am not in the smear the business man campaign, I will leave that to the POTUS.
Wow, another guy bringing up politics. Interesting.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Of which car do you speak? I am sure most think Canepa restored the 917/10 that he is working on now. He did not. He detailed it for Mecum to sell for 5.5 million. Many of the racecars Canepa sells are restored by others. He sells them, by qualified restores who have great reputations also. Cars break, especially racecars. So which car was it? Inquiring minds would like to know. Are you sure Bruce restored it? I don't even know Canepa well, but I know he put on the last RennSport and Ralph Lauren and so many others drive badass 959's he did. Haters gonna hate.

That is why I am a stock/commodities broker no one hates us.
This last sentence was tongue in cheek was it not?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:39 PM
CruzCtrl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blackboy
This last sentence was tongue in cheek was it not?
Of course.

I don't care who you are, if you have money somewhere along the line you pissed someone off to get there.

People die under a Doctors hands all the time, malpractice insurance covers, and no one hears about it.

This was a car, you act like it was your child. I am sure someone else is driving it and loving the hell out of it.

NYC123 move on. Seriously move on. Did your RennSport invite get lost in the mail? Is that why you hold this grudge?

What dark secret are you hiding NYC123? We want to know. OK, I want to know. I think we should look up what you do for a living.

I told you what I do and I know I have enemies.

Quick Reply: SY 993 Twin Turbo at Canepa