Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993TT headlight switch replacement help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013 | 12:03 PM
rflink
3rd Gear

Default 993TT headlight switch replacement help needed

I need to replace my headlight switch on the dash. I have new Porsche part. I have removed the face insert from the ****. How do I pull or turn off the ****? Once I get the **** off I can see were I will need to unscrew the basil...now must I loosen the left side of lower dash to get in from behind or will switch pull out of a socket connector to the front? All may be dumb questions but I do not want to get too physical and break something. any other tips would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2013 | 03:09 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Have not done this so I would do what you are about to. Go to the 993 Forum and use the search - the chances are very good someone has asked this before.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 01-11-2013 | 05:50 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

I have done this. Forget about the insert in the ****. Pull off the entire ****. It just pulls straight off. Behind it is this combination washer/retainer nut thingy with holes around the circumference I think they call a rosette. Unscrew it by gently catching one or more of the holes. Once off you should be able to pull the switch out from behind the dash.

While your in there make sure the little bulb inside the switch works. If not replace it. The little bulb icon on the insert IS supposed to light up.
Old 01-11-2013 | 06:01 PM
badabing
Rennlist Member

I forgot. I wrote a DIY 5 years ago.

Here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/405281-d-i-y-headlight-switch-tightening-and-bulb-replacement.html

Quick Reply: 993TT headlight switch replacement help needed