Sponsored by:

1996 911 RUF Turbo R FS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Marshy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 911 RUF Turbo R FS

Just saw this tonight. Coincidence that they are the same shop that modified my vehicle for the PO many years ago.

http://www.weissach.com/auto/detail/...d=1647&tp=auto

Great car and a very fair price given the recent engine refresh and paint. Sans the CTR2 bumpers but the stealth look of this machine has it's own appeal IMHO.

No affiliation,etc.

Geoff
Old 10-26-2012, 03:31 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

No Ruf suspension, no Ruf wheels, no Ruf gauges, no Ruf badge...
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 AM
parsonii
Racer

for what they've done i think it's great price .... even with the miles, it won't last long.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default nice car

I almost believe a higher mileage engine with a good refresh as noted is better then a lower mileage car with no refresh.... withen reason of course. They are becoming more rare these cars.....
Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Marshy
Racer

Originally Posted by GT9111
No Ruf suspension, no Ruf wheels, no Ruf gauges, no Ruf badge...
If your point is that the pedigree of the vehicle is in question b/c these features are lacking, you're wrong. There are plenty of turbo R conversions with a variable number of the features you've listed. Case in point is the silver car that just sold from RAC in Dallas a few months ago.

Weissach was the former NA RUF representative, and as they've stated in the ad, this is 1 of 3 they converted in the early 2000's. I assume (based on the file I received with my conversion) they'll have a ton of documentation on this vehicle to verify that the engine is indeed modified to turbo R specs. As Mick stated, it gets even better when you factor in the recent top end refresh they've completed. That's what you're mainly paying for anyways. The rest of what you have listed (and more, just ask Steve !!) can be added.

Geoff
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Marshy
Racer

Originally Posted by parsonii
for what they've done i think it's great price .... even with the miles, it won't last long.
+1

Geoff
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 AM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a fair price for this car - I am happy to disucss with prospective owner $$ involved in adding the body kit (which I just did on mine).

Marshy, Weissach states in the add they did 3 conversions. I have one, understand you have one so that would be the other one and that's it? I thought they had done a bit more (like 5 or 6). Just curious.

Last edited by marin77; 10-26-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Marshy
Racer

Originally Posted by marin77
Looks like a fair price for this car - I am happy to disucss with prospective owner $$ involved in adding the body kit (which I just did on mine).

Marshy, Weissach states in the add they did 3 conversions. I have one, understand you have one so that would be the other one and that's it? I thought they had done a bit more (like 5 or 6). Just curious.
Marin,

I noticed that as well. There must be more, although I have no way of verifying it.

There is another AR turbo R that Weissach completed. I believe the current owner is a R-lister (drdoug). I noticed a thread he commented on this summer where he mentioned he was having CTR-2 bumpers fitted for his vehicle. Gorgeous vehicle with the authentic black RUF seats !

Geoff
Old 10-26-2012, 11:44 AM
marin77
Racer

I see ... maybe this one is one of three BLACK Turbo Rs they did (!)

As part of my upgrades, I had the authentic RUF sports seats installed as well (my car did not have OEM sports seats so not a big loss IMO) - I really like them! I will try to post pictures this weekend.

(Koenig manufactures similar ones for a fraction of the price but oh well ... )
Old 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Marshy
If your point is that the pedigree of the vehicle is in question b/c these features are lacking, you're wrong. There are plenty of turbo R conversions with a variable number of the features you've listed. Case in point is the silver car that just sold from RAC in Dallas a few months ago.

Weissach was the former NA RUF representative, and as they've stated in the ad, this is 1 of 3 they converted in the early 2000's. I assume (based on the file I received with my conversion) they'll have a ton of documentation on this vehicle to verify that the engine is indeed modified to turbo R specs. As Mick stated, it gets even better when you factor in the recent top end refresh they've completed. That's what you're mainly paying for anyways. The rest of what you have listed (and more, just ask Steve !!) can be added.

Geoff

If your point is that I'm questioning the pedigree of the car, you're wrong! What I said reflects my personal opinion of which is that if I have a RUF modified 993 Turbo, I would also pay for the wheels, bodykit, seats, or badges to differentiate a RUF Turbo from a stock Turbo. A Ruf 993 built to your car's spec would be very nice indeed.

I also agree that the price of the RUF 993 Turbo is very attractive given a stock 993 turbo is priced several thousand dollars less.

Last edited by GT9111; 10-26-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice car and attractive price.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

If your point is that I'm questioning the pedigree of the car, you're wrong! What I said reflects my personal opinion of which is that if I have a RUF modified 993 Turbo, I would also pay for the wheels, bodykit, seats, or badges to differentiate a RUF Turbo from a stock Turbo. A Ruf 993 built to your car's spec would be very nice indeed.
Choices, choices and choices... it's all about personal choices

Maybe this owner liked an unadorned Ruf

I also agree that the price of the RUF 993 Turbo is very attractive given a stock 993 turbo is priced at around 62-70k, depending on condition.
These days, appears more like mid $60s for high mileage samples to low $90s for super low mileage samples, where the median seems to be in the $70s

Making this Ruf, even at today's exchage rate (79900.0 CAD = 80293.4378454 USD), seemingly excellent value (despite the 141,214 kms = 87746.3 miles cause the "REFRESH BUTTON HIT"... )

Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

When I bought Rufus, it had the Turbo R engine and oil cooler, the Ruf wheels and suspension, Ruf strut brace, Ruf floor mats, 3 of the 4 Ruf pedals, and the CTR front bumper (but unpainted, and not on the car). Over many years, I gathered the rest of the Ruf stuff and now have a very complete conversion, with every tidbit from the Ruf catalog (except the integral roll cage which requires removing the roof (of the Ruf)). Its been great fun and quite costly, but I have the car just the way I want it. Its finally done!

This subject car looks really nice, and can be left just as is, or the new owner may get enjoyment by adding the Ruf tidbits as taste and budget dictate.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I might go take a look at it on the way home from work today. My bd's coming up ... my wife would shoot me. I bet it'd run pretty good with my intercooler. I'll send a link to a couple of friends too.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. 80,000 for a car with 87,000 miles on it. RUF engine conversion or not. It's basically my car, but my engine was done by Protomotive. Same suspension and I have a superior Cargraphinc oil cooler. I was thinking of selling mine, but i believe I'll wait. I know I'll get blasted by y'all whom worship RUF, but c'mon. Their price I think is stupid! Nice car though.

Quick Reply: 1996 911 RUF Turbo R FS