Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low to mid $60k for a nice example of 993tt???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jaypark28
Thank you everyone for the input. I am ok with a car with higher mileage as long as it is well maintained with good service records. And the sportseats will be a BIG, BIG plus but is not a "must".

I love Blk/Blk 993tt!!!! I have always dreamt of owning a well-waxed/shiny black 993TT..... For me, there is just something special about well-waxed/shiny blk/blk turbo.

I am in Vancouver, Canada so it will probably be another 20-25% of the purchase price (duty, sale taxes, other fees, transport etc) for me to get the car into Canada. So I am hoping that I can find one locally but there are not many 993tt up here.

I know it would be long shot... but I am hoping that I can but from fellow rennlisters in Vancouver!!!
Not many black/black in Vancouver with sport seats, I'm probably one of very few here, I've only seen one other at one of our PCA show/shines. Also Canadian TT's came with sport seats too.

I think this is a car you should def look at, it's located in Victoria:

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/result/add...&frnID=5517265

Miles might be high but it's def a driver and it meets most of your wish lists.

Good luck with your search!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
High 70s for a 50k mile 993TT?

gtfo.

I think people vastly overestimate the value of these vehicles.
Really, gtfo?
The OP is looking for a sub 50k mile car blk/blk with sport seats for the mid low 60s, there is no such critter (w/o a story). A car like that is going to run mid high 70s.
ygtfo
Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I think you're looking at the mid high 70s for what you want.
DC motors has a blk/blk one 57 something miles, 69.9k.
Yeah, this one is pretty close to what you are looking for. I don't know what is going on with that intercooler, but the car lines up pretty well with your desires. Higher miles and a higher price.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Really, gtfo?
The OP is looking for a sub 50k mile car blk/blk with sport seats for the mid low 60s, there is no such critter (w/o a story). A car like that is going to run mid high 70s.
ygtfo
given enough time, he'll find one.

Just because overpriced dealers ask mid 70s, doesn't mean thats what the car is worth.

car should be easy to find in the 60s.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:08 PM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Going to be hard to find this value proposition, and with Sport Seats. You'll need a cash reserve too for after your purchase to protect against buyers remores. There is always something that will need sorting out, and that cost some more $$$.

You don't want to be Porsche rich and cash poor. Just about anyone can buy a Porsche (993TT), but it takes a special person to actually own and maintain a +15 year old Porsche.

Not to mention the slippery slope of mods, that costs even more $$$$.

So be careful as you plan and chart your true budget.
Truer words were never spoken. +1
Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
ROK993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twosheds
There's one close to that description at Weissach, except for the price, last time I looked it was $79,000.

http://www.weissach.com/auto/detail/...d=1562&tp=auto

Geoff.
To Geoff: Thank you for the link. I actually have been looking at Weissach's website for past couple of months... Very close to what I am looking for except for the price..... for a local car my budget would be a little higher (close to $70k) but still definitely over my budget... I definitely don't want to be porsche rich and cash poor!

Originally Posted by Knight
Not many black/black in Vancouver with sport seats, I'm probably one of very few here, I've only seen one other at one of our PCA show/shines. Also Canadian TT's came with sport seats too.

I think this is a car you should def look at, it's located in Victoria:

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/result/add...&frnID=5517265

Miles might be high but it's def a driver and it meets most of your wish lists.

Good luck with your search!
To Knight: The sportseats are not a "must"/deal breaker for me . Like many 993 owners, I LOVE factory hardback sportseats but if the right car comes up without them, I would definitely buy it.
Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out.

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
given enough time, he'll find one.

Just because overpriced dealers ask mid 70s, doesn't mean thats what the car is worth.

car should be easy to find in the 60s.
I am in no hurry... If the right car comes up tomorrow I will buy it but am not going to rush it... I really believe that searching for the right car is half of the fun! I have waited over ten years this moment so what is another couple of months...!

Going to be hard to find this value proposition, and with Sport Seats. You'll need a cash reserve too for after your purchase to protect against buyers remores. There is always something that will need sorting out, and that cost some more $$$.

You don't want to be Porsche rich and cash poor. Just about anyone can buy a Porsche (993TT), but it takes a special person to actually own and maintain a +15 year old Porsche.

Not to mention the slippery slope of mods, that costs even more $$$$.

So be careful as you plan and chart your true budget.
Thank you! I definitely don;t want to be Porsche rich and cash poor... I have put aside about $4-5k for sorting out very issues after the purchase!

Definitely agree on taking a special person to maintain a +15 year old German car (not just porsche) ...
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Jay, you dropping in to my BBQ August 18th? It would be good to meet you and there will be other turbo owners there.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaypark28
After many years of dreaming about owning 993tt and lurking on rennlist, I am finally ready to buy one myself!!!

So would I be able to find a nice one for low/mid $60k (or less) Here is what i am looking for....

- black ext and int
- no accident
- under 50k miles
- hardback sportseat
- no engine mod

I am hoping that i can buy from fellow rennlisters . Thank you!!

Hmmmm, I just happen to own a '97 TT that is metallic black exterior/ black interior AND has hardback sportseats.

It also had red front seat belts installed. VERY sweet looking belts against the black interior.

The car has 56K miles and has 2 past owners that were RL'ers.

No mods. I did have Fister D mufflers put on late last year, though. They sound FANTASTIC !!!

(the car has never been in an accident, either)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:23 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Hmmmm, I just happen to own a '97 TT that is metallic black exterior/ black interior AND has hardback sportseats.

It also had red front seat belts installed. VERY sweet looking belts against the black interior.

The car has 56K miles and has 2 past owners that were RL'ers.

No mods. I did have Fister D mufflers put on late last year, though. They sound FANTASTIC !!!

(the car has never been in an accident, either)
Parnelli, if you were selling, and we know you're not, what would be a fair price in this market? Your is a good "comp" for the OP.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Marshy
Racer

Parnelli, if you were selling, and we know you're not, what would be a fair price in this market? Your is a good "comp" for the OP.
I didn't see anything about him not selling in that post. Fishing maybe.....
Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Marshy
I didn't see anything about him not selling in that post. Fishing maybe.....
He knows I lurk only about 87 miles away. He knows what could happen if he tried selling.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Marshy
Racer

He knows I lurk only about 87 miles away. He knows what could happen if he tried selling.
Love the Rennlister accountability chain ! Well done fellas.

Geoff
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

"Parnelli, if you were selling, and we know you're not, what would be a fair price in this market? Your is a good "comp" for the OP. "

NoHT-

I really hate to answer that since I might seem "biased" given that I own pretty much the exact car that the OP is looking for.

The problem really is finding that particular color combo WITH hardback sportseats. It appears that "total package" is relatively rare to find.

Having said all that, I'm guessing hi 60's to low 70's is more realistic for a TRULY well cared-for car. Low 60's, with that package, and you start getting 'story' cars.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Marshy
Love the Rennlister accountability chain ! Well done fellas.

Geoff
Friends don't:

1) Let friends drive drunk
2) Let friends sell a 993 Turbo
Old 08-09-2012, 07:46 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by Parnelli
"Parnelli, if you were selling, and we know you're not, what would be a fair price in this market? Your is a good "comp" for the OP. "

NoHT-

I really hate to answer that since I might seem "biased" given that I own pretty much the exact car that the OP is looking for.

The problem really is finding that particular color combo WITH hardback sportseats. It appears that "total package" is relatively rare to find.

Having said all that, I'm guessing hi 60's to low 70's is more realistic for a TRULY well cared-for car. Low 60's, with that package, and you start getting 'story' cars.

Quick Reply: Low to mid $60k for a nice example of 993tt???