Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New turbo-terrible surprise

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 PM
TTSam
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about a huurendus start to owning a great automobile. It's all repairable, and hope you will enjoy years of pleasure with your Porsche
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Wow what an unpleasant surprise after a near epic drive and initial receipt of your car.
I have parked in that very valet at Bellagio and obviously was mistaken at the false security the many
Rolls,Bentleys and Ferraris accompanying my TT gave me.
You just gotta wonder what was this maniac thinking and how did he get access to do this?
On a lighter note maybe check out Wagonwerks in Arlington Va they have been recognized in the DC/MD area for some time for doing outstanding work, Bert
Old 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

wow that is crazy
makes me wonder what the heck goes through somebodys mind when they do such a thing. does it really give them that much satisfaction to damage a beautiful car? if they got caught would they consider that it was worth it? did a porsche owner really **** them off so much or is it just they are mad that they cannot afford a car like this?
this is the reason that I don't like to leave my car in a public place unattended. sometimes I convince myself that it is just a car and I should just park it anywhere, this type of story makes me realize that it is better to be safe.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could have been a lot worse, Chris. See HERE for just how much worse in a similar situation and how security cameras can work (after the fact). Think these guys could be guests of the state of NJ for a LONG time.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:15 PM
mausone46
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just unbelieveable!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd fuc#ing kill someone...
Old 10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
mts
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

That sucks. Never understood pure vandalism.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Having been to Vegas there are always tons of people in and out of the parking garages. Hope they find out something from the video.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's sad someone would do something like that. Punch a few pillows then think how nice your car will be when the work is done. You may want to see if in your state you can get insurance reimbursement for any decreased value a car may have after sustaining damage.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Spidey 993

That blows! Sorry this happened to you. Quite impressive how you handled yourself.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know where to start here. First, some truth in advertising, I said I ran out of ***** at 150. My girlfriend, who was reading this thread earlier, said she was watching the Garmin, instead of the road, and saw only 140. If you remember Superman, I think my rectum could have easily turned a lump coal into a diamond, whatever the damn Garmin said. Second, I did not park in Valet. I was convinced the dreaded immobilizer would create a problem, not with the drop off but with the pickup...different guy with no directions. Plus, this is my first time in Las Vegas; I'm assuming Joe Pesci and other various mobsters behind every curtain. Big mistake in hindsight.

Finally, at this point it isn't the money, it is the time and experience missed. I have owned 911's for years and only discovered this forum a short time ago. The reason I own this car today, and not some Italian exotic, is this community. I don't want to start blubbering here....maybe too late for that, but this is such a nice place to visit.

I'll be speaking with Grundy tomorrow. I've got to find a shipper, a secure place to store the car undercover to await same or maybe someone in Las Vegas who can install all the glass in a 911 properly and I'll drive it back to LA where there are likely a slew of folks who can do a great repair. I have to keep reminding myself that I bought this lovely beast to make me happy, if I let this get me down it kind of defeats the purpose and I suppose even tangentially gives the vandal what he was seeking....thanks guys.......Chris
Old 10-02-2011, 11:48 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Boy that does blow to have your trip interrupted like this but for sure it can be repaired.. I used to live in
Los Angeles for most of the nineties and still have a few very good contacts for Porsche repair and
racing prep in the area.
If I were you I'd probably want to drive it but be advised to have a good shipper deliver it to one shop
and get it all repaired toute suite!
One guy I know who does primo Porsche repair and paint is Eddie Palmer at Kundensport in Camarillo Ca his number is 805 732 4226 cell
Also a close friend is a shipper Chris Ridgeway delivers alot of Porsche Motorsport new vehicles and
many collectors nationwide lives in socal if available he can come out and get it in a day ,his number is 714 402 0129 ,tell him Bert gave you his number.
you also can email me at ecrobinson1726@msn.com , hope your trip isn't completely
destroyed your in Vegas after all...Bert

Last edited by budge96; 10-07-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Eddie Palmer did all of the fitting of the Ruf parts and paint on Rufus. And on Waldo.

I'm so saddened to hear of your experience. Just disheartening. I'm glad that you had a good experience with Chris at Schneider. I wish he was closer to Santa Cruz.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

This isnt the kind of report I was anticipating. I am so sorry to hear this!

You seem to be handling this much better than I would. Hats off to you sir!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 AM
parsonii
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

besides what bert said .. another option for shipping is doing it by uship.com. post a pic on there and someone will ship your car very fast door to door for cheap on a sports car trailer.

Quick Reply: New turbo-terrible surprise