Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Quad, check out post #31:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...-owners-3.html
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,
I eat Gallardos for breakfast and Ferraris for Lunch, of course these are stock cars, but then if you modify your Gallardo (eg.Twin Turbo) then that is another story.,my point is that there is nothing out there equal to a well modified 993tt, both in handling, power and balance.,cheers.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by sonny1
Well,
I eat Gallardos for breakfast and Ferraris for Lunch, of course these are stock cars, but then if you modify your Gallardo (eg.Twin Turbo) then that is another story.,my point is that there is nothing out there equal to a well modified 993tt, both in handling, power and balance.,cheers.
as you correctly noted, you are comparing stock to heavily modified. There are plenty of modified cars out there that will out handle and out power a 993TT.

As to the lambo, I still have not found a car in my price range that has the manual gearbox and a not ridiculous color. That said, I may hold off anyway due to the uncertainty currently rampant in the world economy.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Spidey 993

I pulled in to the car self wash last week, and a Gallardo (2007-grey) pulled in the next stall. We did the whole lets check each other out while his triple-D chested girlfriend sat on a bench.

Quite an amazing ride that Gallardo.

Last edited by Spidey 993; 08-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:22 PM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer

As to the lambo, I still have not found a car in my price range that has the manual gearbox and a not ridiculous color. That said, I may hold off anyway due to the uncertainty currently rampant in the world economy.
Ol, Suck it up and buy one already. The whole world is going to go the route of the Titanic, might as well be like the band on board and play till it goes under.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by DM993tt
Ol, Suck it up and buy one already. The whole world is going to go the route of the Titanic, might as well be like the band on board and play till it goes under.
lol, maybe I'll find an unlucky chap at CS, GS, UBS, or ML that needs to liquidate some of his vehicular assets.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:38 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sonny1
Well, I eat Gallardos for breakfast and Ferraris for Lunch,
Breakfast- hard cooked eggs and fruit.
Lunch- salads.

You modded guys have all the fun!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 PM
993 770
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To those in LA here is a groupon for a Gallardo rental... not for me, but a worth a test drive at that number!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/chimera...b21065c666fc09

No affiliation
Old 08-26-2011, 03:10 AM
krish
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Quad,

Here's my impression to add to everyone else's here. A good friend has got an '05 Gallardo with E-Gear which he lets me drive on occasion. Both on the road and track. My tt has got K-24s with an FVD ECU, 5 bar FPR, Turbo S oil cooler and PSS 9s.

The Gallardo does seem to have a better feel at the wheel. Subtle though, as my tt isn't exactly uncommunicative. I suspect though the thicker, smaller diameter wheel on the Lambo accounts for that. My steering wheel is stock and probably better suited to an 18 wheeler these days . The Gallardo also corners a lot flatter, absolutely no doubt about that. And she has much better brakes. The Porsche's brakes aren't sloppy but the Lambos are something else. And they go on all day at the track too.... Other pluses, it pulls the looks as others have noted. It's a gorgeous car no doubts there. And the sound of that V10

With the mods I have, my car though just drives that much better. Torque makes a huge difference to the driving dynamics of a car and I feel it here. Foot down the Gallardo left me wondering is that all (strong though it was). And when the Gallardo owner rode shotgun with me, his first comment when I floored her was '****, your car's fast ' Reinforced with him at the wheel as well.....

On the track; the sheer width of the Gallardo and, this is hard to place but maybe visibility and mass had something to do with it; you just weren't sure how accurate your lines were. There is a level of intimacy with the Porsche at the track that you don't feel in the Lambo. You have a sense of the Porsche's extremities and where each tread of your tires are that you don't quite get in the Lambo.

Oh and at the track here I clocked a 2:45 to his 2:56...

My two cents

cheers,
Kris
'89 964 C4 sold
'97 993tt
'05 645 Ci
'02 X5 Dog Mobile

Quick Reply: 993TT to Gallardo