Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel selection help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011 | 06:13 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Default Wheel selection help

OK, I have followed all the advice that you guys offered concerning the purchase of this car. I feel compelled to say that you all have saved me thousands of dollars...so I can't thank you enough. At this point I want some wheels that are a bit more dramatic than the turbo twists. My favorite wheels of all time on a 993 are the RUF wheels but they are 1: too damned expensive and 2: too heavy. I'm an old guy, so track time will be little to none, so this is the question: there are lots of modular wheels that are gorgeous but I'm thinking forged wheels are way stronger, (maybe not so) so have any of you, whose numbers must number in the zillions, have any problems with a modular wheel vis a vie forged......this is the best place to ask such a question and at this moment I must be the most appreciative member of this group. Cheers.....Chris
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:40 AM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

There are several style wheels that would look great on your car. Probably the most sought after are the Speedline 993 RS wheels that are time period correct. They are 52 ET 8" and 65 ET 10" and for a widebody you have to run spacers. I happen to have a set of Tramont 3 piece 18" wheels that look so close to the originals that it is scary. Any way the set I have can be painted the GT2 color Stahl Grau and my plan is to replace the outer rims with new and in the end the set will be 8.5 and 11 and will require no spacers to fill the wheel well. The other option is a set of Techart Daytona wheels made by Speedline for them. I have a new set, but they will need to be re sized to fit your car, not a problem for me since I have the parts. jdorociak@gmail.com Jim
Attached Images   
Old 08-26-2011 | 12:44 AM
AC/911's
Banned

Default 993

what are the specs on the techarts
Old 08-26-2011 | 05:12 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Seriously, I would consider one of the several factory and aftermarket Fuchs look-a-likes that are out on the market now
Old 08-26-2011 | 10:32 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by solomonschris
OK, I have followed all the advice that you guys offered concerning the purchase of this car. I feel compelled to say that you all have saved me thousands of dollars...so I can't thank you enough. At this point I want some wheels that are a bit more dramatic than the turbo twists. My favorite wheels of all time on a 993 are the RUF wheels but they are 1: too damned expensive and 2: too heavy. I'm an old guy, so track time will be little to none, so this is the question: there are lots of modular wheels that are gorgeous but I'm thinking forged wheels are way stronger, (maybe not so) so have any of you, whose numbers must number in the zillions, have any problems with a modular wheel vis a vie forged......this is the best place to ask such a question and at this moment I must be the most appreciative member of this group. Cheers.....Chris
BBS RS-GT... For the win!

Quick Reply: Wheel selection help