Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993TT price check..

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Went to try and buy this car at the Spring Auction in TO, car is in great shape went to 78k and owner would not sell wants 85k. Be patient took me a year to find my car, pricing in the States is much more competitive then here.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received the latest addition of Keith Martin's price guide. He lists 993TT's from 65k-75k
Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 PM
SeaJeff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked for 2 years, and the recession/depression seemed to really drop the prices for a time. (I saw one '97 993TT in 2009 for 55k which I wasn't able to get.) but now prices seem to have come back... I got mine 4 months go for about 65k w/ 31k miles, original owner. I felt it was "fair". (I'll post in a few days about the turbos, but....)

gl!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 274 Likes on 183 Posts

I bought my car from Jeff and got a pretty good deal at the bottom of the Canadian recession with winter closing in. Glenn, Mark and Danny are right though. He doesn't deal and he'll be $5K to $10K over market unless his inventory is high....family financed I hear and they get nervous when he's overstocked, particularly going into the winter. That's when you can do well with Jeff. Make sure you get a good PPI though. Most of his cars have touch-up paint but are otherwise pretty much the best examples locally. Best of luck with your search. Don't rush....shopping is great fun!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by hal m
I just received the latest addition of Keith Martin's price guide. He lists 993TT's from 65k-75k
he hasn't seen my pos apparently haha
Old 06-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Parnelli, run a KBB value check on your Turbo for a Private Sale in "good" condition. I'll bet you a beer, the value will be about $8-12,000 more than you paid for your car 2 years ago. We should start a whole new thread about this, alone.

Like I said, KBB is not the bible, but the direction is the key.

I bet u can even add an extra $5K to those numbers since I added my red seat belts
Old 06-11-2011, 08:39 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
I bet u can even add an extra $5K to those numbers since I added my red seat belts
Parnelli, my Italian friend, so you owe me a beer.....correct? This is what I have been enjoying lately:
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

NoHT

lol, actually I am German. Parnelli is a name that my father's coworkers called him for decades. He is a HUGE race car fan and Parnelli (Jones) was quite fitting when they came up with the name years ago. Honestly can't recall the oweing of a beer but i AM a man of my word and if I promised u some them some you SHALL GET
PM me your mailing address as I know you have been a BIG help over the years
Old 07-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Jae.S
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll probably wait until the winter to pick one up.. if the right one pops up by then.I really don't want to go the import route unless its somewhere close where I can go see it.. (like montreal). Something like this would be great

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Can't wait to get my hands on the right one...would it be a bad ideal to do the dealership search if nothing pops up or should I just naturally wait? I know they'd probably import something anyways but at least if I dont like it I can decline or if there's a problem I can raise hell . I actually saw a Silver 993TT on st.clair and keele about a week or so ago, anyone on here?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jae.S
I'll probably wait until the winter to pick one up.. if the right one pops up by then.I really don't want to go the import route unless its somewhere close where I can go see it.. (like montreal). Something like this would be great

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Can't wait to get my hands on the right one...would it be a bad ideal to do the dealership search if nothing pops up or should I just naturally wait? I know they'd probably import something anyways but at least if I dont like it I can decline or if there's a problem I can raise hell . I actually saw a Silver 993TT on st.clair and keele about a week or so ago, anyone on here?
That definitely could have been me, was down there for an appointment about that time. As I said before, be patient but definitely do not discount the US, because of the limited number of TT's up here they command a top price, it is not as tough as most people think to import a car. Good luck in your search

Burkey

Quick Reply: 993TT price check..