Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you tell my wife I am not alone

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Resident Sicko
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would make an inflatable garage to park in if I knew it would not attract attention...Like a car cover.

I scour each parking lot I use for the "end" spot.

If you still need someone to tell your wife this, I would be glad to. Give me her number.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I even do that with my Traverse, my 99 Explorer, & my SO's 2003 BMW.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:56 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Parking near the end of a row is one thing (i'd say most people who park at the ends are also concerned about the same thing and will take care when opening doors around other cars, so a safe bet). Parking like that picture is inviting some lowlife to kick your door in. Paintless dent removal is cheap. Keyed paint and other damage is not.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 411 Posts

yeah we all do this; in fact always know where I will park before I take the 993 out. usually park right by the parking attendant so they can watch it for me

on another note, I have an old suv winter car, that I also use to move stuff or pick up large items at store; I hate it when people park over the white line; so I will park as close to them as possible, sometimes so they cannot even get in the drivers door...hopefully they will look where they are parking next time, and I don't care if they ding my door on this truck. one time I got a note after taking my daughter ice skating that started out ; " dear princess..." I laughed my head off.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, this thread has exploded! I agree with all of the above, but I also usually like to be parked in line of sight of the car, and beware any old people wearing hats wider than their car and a Kleenex box on the rear ledge. Le Dentique is good for paintless dent removal.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Parking near the end of a row is one thing (i'd say most people who park at the ends are also concerned about the same thing and will take care when opening doors around other cars, so a safe bet). Parking like that picture is inviting some lowlife to kick your door in. Paintless dent removal is cheap. Keyed paint and other damage is not.
indeed, the further away you get, the more likely someone will park on top of you.

I'm gonna get dings anyway, they can be fixed.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Yep, had this happen years ago. I parked my '74 911 on the second floor in the far corner of a parking garage because it was empty. Upon return it had been keyed stem to stern down the right side.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Always park under a light or near a camera's line of site to ensure no one f*cks with the car.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Drdoug
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I try to avoid public parking....The SUV caries more cargo anyhow...
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Dave911G
Rennlist Member

Another thing to consider... I parked my 928 way out at Home Depot a few years ago only to find a shopping cart against it and a nice dent when I returned. I suspect somebody rolled it into my car on purpose, but maybe not. I now find high ground in that lot. Lesson learned - avoid downhill spots when shopping carts are present.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I do the same, but actually look for the high spot because of the way people swing doors...if they swing downhill they are more likely to overswing and dent.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave911G
Another thing to consider... I parked my 928 way out at Home Depot a few years ago only to find a shopping cart against it and a nice dent when I returned. I suspect somebody rolled it into my car on purpose, but maybe not. I now find high ground in that lot. Lesson learned - avoid downhill spots when shopping carts are present.
You also have to take into account the wind direction. Wind & shopping carts is a terrible combo.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as it is a legit spot, heck yes.
People will trash a nice car that parks funky in a non-normal manner / not a parking space.
Human nature, bleccch.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

A month ago I drove to the emergency room, extremely sick and weak (turned out I had pneumonia in addition to a very nasty flu, and was admitted for several days). As I pulled in the garage, I asked the security guard at the entrance if I could park "right over there" (pointing) as I was very sick and weak, he basically said yes or park just around the corner. So, I start driving, go around and around all the way to the roof on the 10th floor, turn around and go 3 floors down to the 7th floor before I found an acceptable space. And it still wasn't "perfect" but I was in a hurry!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:39 PM
charliebronson
Intermediate

Ha ha ha ha ha, =)))))) I kept looking at the lexus and then the infinity???? WTF is this guy talking about???? Lol it took me a while to see your polar silver TT in the corner pua ha ha ha ha.

Yes, I do the same thing. Chix think I'm crazy. I dont care. An ounce of prevention.... ha ha ha ha glad I'm not alone in this.

Quick Reply: Can you tell my wife I am not alone