Old 02-07-2011 | 09:46 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

very nice - congrats
Old 02-07-2011 | 11:10 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Congratulations and welcome back. BEAUTIFUL color combo! I'll bet the feeling was like getting your best friend back after a long absence.
Old 02-08-2011 | 02:09 PM
SeaJeff
Instructor

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Congratulations and welcome back. BEAUTIFUL color combo! I'll bet the feeling was like getting your best friend back after a long absence.
Thanks- to be honest the sense that brought back the nostalgia was the sound of the door shutting- nothing quite like that in the world. It also smells like my old 993. But faster.

Originally Posted by pstoppani
Congrats on a superb purchase!

FYI - I have a CD changer if you need one.
Thanks, pstoppani. I think I'm going to check out the options for connecting an iPod to the CDChanger input and then hardwiring power. The 2002 BMW head unit supported a Denison ICE unit but I don't think the older Becker's do. But I may go for the Becker Aux In cable, just need to do a bit more research on that.

Originally Posted by Robert993TT
I bought myself an extra set and one rim was bent. Before you buy a "new" rim . Allow a repair workshop to look at the bent rim. They can probably fix it if it is not too serious. It is usually the inside of the rim is bent.
I took the car down to CNC and they are going to balance all the rims to look for any rims that might be out-of-round. I asked a local Porsche dealership about truing up the rims, and they did not recommend it- said that with the hollow spoke it could cause points of weakness. I suppose that is true, depending the severity of the repair. I'm hoping the bend isn't too bad.

I did order a few key fobs and blanks and hopefully will be able to reprogram this weekend.
Old 02-08-2011 | 10:19 PM
ducatiracer34
Intermediate

Wow is that pretty. Wow.

Almost as pretty as my black / cashmere

...almost!

Beauty color for sure, and looks to be in great shape inside and out!

Congrats on a great acquisition!
Old 02-08-2011 | 11:17 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Midnight blue is one of those "bottomless" colours to stare into - very nice. Congratulations! I agree with the other postings - for heaven's sake, get some containment on the all the stuff hanging off yer walls - I'm getting an ulcer over here! U-Coat-It is nice for garage floors too, just try not to breathe the fumes! It's frivolous but purdy!
Old 02-09-2011 | 04:09 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SeaJeff
Oh, and I only got one key with the car so I need to pick up some blanks, remotes, etc. and go through the joy of reprogramming the remotes. (Side question: I have read (and talked w/ dealership) that the programming is a complete PITA. I’ve found some pretty thorough HOWTO’s on rennlist, but one question I had… if it fails during the procedure and won’t complete successfully, is the car effectively locked and I’m outta luck? Or can I keep retrying until it succeeds, or will the old remote continue to work up until the reprogramming completes?)
Jeff
You need the number code for the ECU...it available from the dealer, it might be part of your documentation.

Once you follow the instructions and start the programming mode, you have to "register" both remotes...you will wipe out any knowledge of any remotes, and both remotes look new to the car.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-09-2011 | 06:16 AM
parsonii
Racer

31k miles one owner in a 15 yr old car .......... who does that. nice find. love love the car .. first things first toss out those heavy exhausts and put on some muffler bypass pipes. of course and then there are some pss 10's .... and on and on.
Old 02-22-2011 | 08:20 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Wonderful car!
I once had a 993TT. The only Porsche I really miss. Take care of it.
Old 02-23-2011 | 04:46 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Congrats Jeff, I may have seen your beauty at Metropolitan detail when I was picking up my 997. Was your car there by any chance for a paint protection film in the front/hood ?
Old 02-23-2011 | 06:13 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Midnight Blue. Awesome color. Congrats and welcome to the 993TT Whacky World.
Old 02-24-2011 | 01:02 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

I will have to agree with everyone here.......nice color.
Old 02-25-2011 | 12:24 AM
SeaJeff
Instructor

Originally Posted by parsonii
31k miles one owner in a 15 yr old car .......... who does that. nice find. love love the car .. first things first toss out those heavy exhausts and put on some muffler bypass pipes. of course and then there are some pss 10's .... and on and on.
Ahh yes, the slippery slope. I just got my first box from suncoast... lots of small parts. I took them all out and wondered how on earth all that cost so much lol!

But the keyfobs and battery maintainer did come, so that's good.

Originally Posted by Mike J
You need the number code for the ECU...it available from the dealer, it might be part of your documentation.

Once you follow the instructions and start the programming mode, you have to "register" both remotes...you will wipe out any knowledge of any remotes, and both remotes look new to the car.

Cheers,

Mike
Thanks Mike- yes, before I start I'll be printing out the howto's. I did get the code from the dealer- they were really cool about it. (Everyone seems to love the 993...)

Speaking of which, I was in LA this last weekend and swung by TruSpeed (the sponsor for the 993 rennlist forum.) Man that is one nice shop! Ended up wandering around and shootin' the bull with a few guys for over an hour. (I am constantly amazed at how nice, down to earth pcar owners are, but I digress.) They had probably 15-20 mostly 911's in their "showroom" which was really a shop and another 15-20 on lifts getting serviced in the service bays. I felt I was in 911 nirvana.

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Congrats Jeff, I may have seen your beauty at Metropolitan detail when I was picking up my 997. Was your car there by any chance for a paint protection film in the front/hood ?
Yup, that was probably it- I got the bumper repaired, license place holes filled, and now they will be putting venture shield on the front end. Unfortunately there's an F430 infront of me getting like the whole car wrapped in flat black/grey film- it looks wicked but is taking time to get completed so I'm missing my car for sure. It's ok tho, it gives me time to clean out the garage of all that crap along the walls. Plus I've been inspired by ponzzzz

Quick Reply: Feels good to be back in a 993 !!