993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best mechanic for a 993TT in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010 | 04:51 PM
JGC930
Rennlist Member

Default Best mechanic for a 993TT in Houston?

What is the best shop to service and do some exhaust and ECU mods for a 993TT in Houston?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2010 | 08:05 PM
wolfgang1
Rennlist Member

Mike Callas at Rennsport in Sealy Texas is the best place in the Houston Area..
Old 12-12-2010 | 08:35 PM
parsonii
Racer

"ecu work". the only person i would trust on our cars is todd at protomotive. i would call todd and ask him to buy one of his packages with a tune and exhaust and have akram at motorwerks install it for you. akram is neurotic about his work and honest and works closely with todd data logging and sending files back and forth.
Old 12-12-2010 | 11:26 PM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by parsonii
akram is neurotic about his work and honest and works closely with todd data logging and sending files back and forth.
I hope he's obsessive and not neurotic just for the OP's sake
Old 12-13-2010 | 07:40 AM
parsonii
Racer

obsession is a neuroses unless they schooled me wrong at the canadian medical school i went to
Old 12-13-2010 | 11:34 AM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by parsonii
obsession is a neuroses unless they schooled me wrong at the canadian medical school i went to
Apologies in advance for taking this thread on a tangent.

Neurosis is NOT synonymous with obsessive or compulsive behaviour.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary
neu·ro·sis noun \nu̇-ˈrō-səs, nyu̇-\
plural neu·ro·ses
Definition of NEUROSIS
Any of various mental or emotional disorders, such as hypochondria or neurasthenia, arising from no apparent organic lesion or change and involving symptoms such as insecurity, anxiety, depression, and irrational fears, but without psychotic symptoms such as delusions or hallucinations. No longer in scientific use.

If you want to introduce the term NEUROSES, which is a broad term for various mental or emotional disorders (and as stated above is no longer in general use) you might stretch the term to include what you were trying to define but it's not a specific term.

Not that any of this has anything to do with going to medical school. It's a grammar thing.

Geoff
Old 12-13-2010 | 11:52 AM
Marshy
Rennlist Member

BTW Parsonii

My original post was made in jest and the original term you mentioned was "neurotic". Most people equate neurotic with CRAZY

No harm, no foul.
Old 12-13-2010 | 02:03 PM
parsonii
Racer

hey geoff i saw the smiley face and my reply didn't mean to make me look like i got my back up ...........and of course neuroses is not synonymous to ocd. back to akram yes he's obsessive. so where in canada are you you? i grew up in toronto, went to school at queens and then calgary and moved to texas when the canadian dollar was worth .62 to the US. things have changed and it seems every week i hear of a p car moving to canada.

Quick Reply: Best mechanic for a 993TT in Houston?