Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seller etiquette, this guy is a total numbnut to the nth degree

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:09 AM
shiutong
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Chris with the PPI but my initial thought was that if he had a paint meter to get multiple spots of the car I would then based my PPI or travel for it. I am looking only for a paintless car hence my initial and main criteria. I also like the sport seats and the relatively low mileage however at this point I doubt the seller is really going to consider me real buyer even though I have bought just a month ago a 965 sight unseen from a nice rennlist fellow. The funniest thing is that after speaking with the 965 seller, I felt comfortable enough to wire him the entire amount. I would never do that with this 993TT seller even if we agreed to something. Like I said either he is just bathing around with money and has no care at all or just a real dumb seller.
Apparently the seller not only deals or consigns Porsches, I suppose his 1000 cars extends to Lotus too where there is a thread about his shadiness.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164...ale-35k-57331/

I am glad I am not the only one who found the seller offensive.
The search goes on =)

BTW,
Old 06-25-2010, 01:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

if i dont like the seller, i dont buy the car.
i dont want to reminded of an ******* every time i drive that car.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
LOL
Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 AM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 179 Posts

Good point, unless it turns out to be a gem of a car

But given the expanding history on this thread, your desire on original paint and not a specific color, moving on seems to be the best advice.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 AM
TTKan
Pro

When what appears to be a $100 bill remains on the sidewalk despite being passed by a large number of pedestrians, it is not impossible that it is actually a $100 bill, but the probability that it actually is approaches zero over time.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Porsche Fan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default zenith blue

If you only want a Zenith Blue 993, but it doesn't have to be a turbo, Marc Wein in Spicewood, TX has two:

*Zenith Blue 993 C2S (low miles, stock and heavily optioned)
*Zenith Blue 993 Cabriolet (super low miles, stock and nicely optioned).

Plus, not only does Marc have nice cars, he is in fact an upstanding seller, that is pleasant to do business with.

Marc's cell: 516/476-3008

my 2 cents,
Porsche Fan
Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 PM
shiutong
Track Day

Thank you for all all the suggestions. I have moved on the minute I hung up with that **** so no looking back. I only wanted to inform the forum of this character and I find out more and more people had similar experiences with him. I am still in the search of a non repaint, sport seats ( carved on wood but not written in stone ) low mileage turbo only. Color is flexible but I tend to avoid darker colors but also not carved in stone.
Cheers all
Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Same seller also had a 96' Carrera 4. Been for sale for YEARS! I was interested but he gave me the same BS on price and wasn't interested in the sale being contingent on a PPI. Said he had several offers and mine had to come in above. PASS!!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 AM
shelbygtkr
Instructor

Originally Posted by SeanR
Looks like he was banned due to using the P-car sites and his personal selling ground. No tech discussion at Pelican, just bumps for his sales.
New Pelican ID= http://forums.pelicanparts.com/searc...archid=5453264

favorite word bump
Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
lomaman1
1st Gear

Default A terrific guy who does not deserve to be maligned

you are all confusing Marc with a fellow named Alex Wald. Marc is a pretty terrific guy with some wonderful cars and has always been a pleasure to deal with. My name is Joe Browning and I hacked into his account to try and help clear his name. He is knowledgeable, kind and patient. Stop hating on this Man. He does not deserve this type of treatment. Call him and speak with him and draw your own conclusions.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:18 PM
atxguy34
1st Gear

I know Marc, I know he can be rash sometimes but he has great cars and honestly has bought and sold more then I could track.

Part of it is I don't think he really wants to sell his colection unless he finds right buyer or needs the cash.

I've worked on and detailed his cars and from my experience with all types of cars none of his apear to have any damage that was repaired or repaint. All low mile, great pristine condition and well kept and stored in climate controlled wharehouse. If your looking for a good 933 he probably has it.

Just my 2cents

Originally Posted by shiutong
So I been little itchy in finding a replacement 993TT. I have searched the same usual site like Ebay, autotraders, cars.com and so forth and was considering the purchase of a 96 zenith blue 993tt. He is a banned poster in other Pcar sites, I do not know why he is banned but I do know that he was impossible to deal with. I called him since his phone number is listed in his ads and asked about the car. I told him that I have bought many cars sight unseen and been on the opposite coast I asked him if the car has any sort of paintwork repainted. His reply is "none that I am awared of". I have had my experiences with this kind of sell tactics so I asked him to please let me know paint meter measurements of the car and he claimed he doesn't have one. He then goes on in saying that he has bought over 1000 yes 1000 Porsches and people like myself are the hardest type to deal with. He also says that he has bought more Porsches in a month that I have ever owned. He then says he can go out and buy a meter and measure the car up but he says he won't do it claiming that would be a waste of time because statistically 2% of people that calls him ends up buying the car and I do not fall under that category based on my question. He claims he will only do it for the loyal customers of his. (loyal customers please come out to his defense) Is asking a car to be paint metered such a hard proposition when I am 2000 miles away specially if I had to buy the car sight unseen (which a few people in this forum know that I have just done that, email me if you need references) or even before deciding to buy a ticket to fly there to see the car? Does he truly wants me to believe that he has no paint meter when he has bought "over 1000 Porsches and buy more Porsche in a week than I have ever owned" He says people like myself wants to know everything about the car and then wastes his time, he goes on sarcasticly asking if he needs to buy me a paint meter just for this sale or even buy me a ticket and fly me there to check his car out? He was so out of line. Now I figure why his car is still for sale after been in the market for a year or so. He might be an obnoxious weathly trustfund baby or just an idiotic car salesman, I have no clue but I do know he is a complete numbnut arrogant prikc. Not sure why he was banned in other sites but I am glad he was. Feel free to email me to find out who this weener is or you can find him quite easily, not too many zenith blue 993 turbos for sale with 27k miles. Shame on you.

Just had to vent. Sorry for the rant. Feel better now, heading to the other Pcar forums to vent again.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Bring up a 3 year old thread and 1 post to your name ?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:51 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
Bring up a 3 year old thread and 1 post to your name ?
And so is Rennlist lately. You should check out the Vehicle for sale section. A huge amount of posters have extremely low post counts and are replying to months and years old ads that usually say that the cars been sold! Awesome...
Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
SlimShadySkip
2nd Gear

Default Marc Wein

Not a Porsche guy, never owned one.

But I know Marc.

What you will be suprised to know is that He was in trouble in NY for fraudulently offering and selling fifty-six individuals $4.3 million in unregistered securities. But the Multiple Porsche's that he had aquired at that time (30+ Porsche's) . Which were all kept at his basement garage in Spicewood Tx (where he now laughably runs a Smoke Shop too. LOL in a neighborhood of pretty Affluent Familys and such). They were ALL purchased with CASH and Titles Held OPEN (meaning that seller Signed to Transfer Ownership, BUT He never transferred ownership into his name) A Way to HIDE Over a Million Dollars worth of Illegal Funds from the Authorities. And from what I gathered He Only Sold them when he was short on funds and needed an influx of cash

In the couple face to face dealings with him and the time he took me over to show me all of his cars (back in 2008/2009) he seemed like a really Nice Guy. Very Warm and Approchable. But then I never had any "Business" dealings with him Only a brief aquaintance in passing that he was bragging and showing off to. At that time he also had a very nice Cliff Side House right there on Lake Travis. I was impressed with the Cars and His House and like I said he seemed like a pretty nice guy. Just thought you guys discussing him would like to know the origin of the Cars...

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/34-50490.htm

Originally Posted by shiutong
So I been little itchy in finding a replacement 993TT. I have searched the same usual site like Ebay, autotraders, cars.com and so forth and was considering the purchase of a 96 zenith blue 993tt. He is a banned poster in other Pcar sites, I do not know why he is banned but I do know that he was impossible to deal with. I called him since his phone number is listed in his ads and asked about the car. I told him that I have bought many cars sight unseen and been on the opposite coast I asked him if the car has any sort of paintwork repainted. His reply is "none that I am awared of". I have had my experiences with this kind of sell tactics so I asked him to please let me know paint meter measurements of the car and he claimed he doesn't have one. He then goes on in saying that he has bought over 1000 yes 1000 Porsches and people like myself are the hardest type to deal with. He also says that he has bought more Porsches in a month that I have ever owned. He then says he can go out and buy a meter and measure the car up but he says he won't do it claiming that would be a waste of time because statistically 2% of people that calls him ends up buying the car and I do not fall under that category based on my question. He claims he will only do it for the loyal customers of his. (loyal customers please come out to his defense) Is asking a car to be paint metered such a hard proposition when I am 2000 miles away specially if I had to buy the car sight unseen (which a few people in this forum know that I have just done that, email me if you need references) or even before deciding to buy a ticket to fly there to see the car? Does he truly wants me to believe that he has no paint meter when he has bought "over 1000 Porsches and buy more Porsche in a week than I have ever owned" He says people like myself wants to know everything about the car and then wastes his time, he goes on sarcasticly asking if he needs to buy me a paint meter just for this sale or even buy me a ticket and fly me there to check his car out? He was so out of line. Now I figure why his car is still for sale after been in the market for a year or so. He might be an obnoxious weathly trustfund baby or just an idiotic car salesman, I have no clue but I do know he is a complete numbnut arrogant prikc. Not sure why he was banned in other sites but I am glad he was. Feel free to email me to find out who this weener is or you can find him quite easily, not too many zenith blue 993 turbos for sale with 27k miles. Shame on you.

Just had to vent. Sorry for the rant. Feel better now, heading to the other Pcar forums to vent again.

Last edited by SlimShadySkip; 07-19-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Seller etiquette, this guy is a total numbnut to the nth degree