Sponsored by:

Seller etiquette, this guy is a total numbnut to the nth degree

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:01 AM
shiutong
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seller etiquette, this guy is a total numbnut to the nth degree

So I been little itchy in finding a replacement 993TT. I have searched the same usual site like Ebay, autotraders, cars.com and so forth and was considering the purchase of a 96 zenith blue 993tt. He is a banned poster in other Pcar sites, I do not know why he is banned but I do know that he was impossible to deal with. I called him since his phone number is listed in his ads and asked about the car. I told him that I have bought many cars sight unseen and been on the opposite coast I asked him if the car has any sort of paintwork repainted. His reply is "none that I am awared of". I have had my experiences with this kind of sell tactics so I asked him to please let me know paint meter measurements of the car and he claimed he doesn't have one. He then goes on in saying that he has bought over 1000 yes 1000 Porsches and people like myself are the hardest type to deal with. He also says that he has bought more Porsches in a month that I have ever owned. He then says he can go out and buy a meter and measure the car up but he says he won't do it claiming that would be a waste of time because statistically 2% of people that calls him ends up buying the car and I do not fall under that category based on my question. He claims he will only do it for the loyal customers of his. (loyal customers please come out to his defense) Is asking a car to be paint metered such a hard proposition when I am 2000 miles away specially if I had to buy the car sight unseen (which a few people in this forum know that I have just done that, email me if you need references) or even before deciding to buy a ticket to fly there to see the car? Does he truly wants me to believe that he has no paint meter when he has bought "over 1000 Porsches and buy more Porsche in a week than I have ever owned" He says people like myself wants to know everything about the car and then wastes his time, he goes on sarcasticly asking if he needs to buy me a paint meter just for this sale or even buy me a ticket and fly me there to check his car out? He was so out of line. Now I figure why his car is still for sale after been in the market for a year or so. He might be an obnoxious weathly trustfund baby or just an idiotic car salesman, I have no clue but I do know he is a complete numbnut arrogant prikc. Not sure why he was banned in other sites but I am glad he was. Feel free to email me to find out who this weener is or you can find him quite easily, not too many zenith blue 993 turbos for sale with 27k miles. Shame on you.

Just had to vent. Sorry for the rant. Feel better now, heading to the other Pcar forums to vent again.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Link: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ort-seats.html
Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Perhaps this is why it has been for sale for so long. Hang in there, you'll find the right one.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 AM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Sounds like an *** but the 2% thing probably is correct. Lots of tire kickers out there and maybe he is just bittter from having dealth with them.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

If you can share the location, maybe a member can do a Rennfax for you, give it a look and possibly even measure the paint depth themselves.

If it is a good car (no way to know yet), few Zenith Blues I suspect (if that is important), it may be a shame to let the seller turn you off just yet until you know more facts on the car. But then again, the signs are not favoring a smooth transaction.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:35 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That car has been for sale for almost 2 years. I agree, the seller is a total a$$. I have communicated with him in the past too. Pass.

If you really want a Zenith Blue (or unique blue Turbo) I think Ray at RPM just got one in. Good luck with your search. Not the same car. Similar mileage. Ray's car does not have sport seats, and is Ocean Blue.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

No wonder he's jaded - he's purchased over 1000 Porsches but makes no mention of how many he's sold. He probably still has 900 of them!

Seriously though, I too considered this car from a distance but have seen it on the market forever. Makes me wonder if it's a problem car or a difficult seller (or maybe both).

I can't really be bothered but as suggested above, this might be a really good car. If you can wade through the B.S. and be resourceful in checking the car out, you may discover it's a real gem.

I love the color combination, sport seats, mileage etc. and it seems to be priced near the mark. Once you demonstrate to the seller that you are a serious buyer, he may turn his attitude around.

I must confess that I too get a little jaded selling a personal use vehicle - I can't imagine doing it for a living.

All the best in your search. There are some fantastic resources on this forum.

Regards,
Bob
Old 06-24-2010, 10:59 AM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 73 Posts

That guy is a tool. Walk away. If you have trouble selling a 993TT then you shouldn't be selling cars.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

While this seller doesnt appear to be accommodating, I wouldnt accept paint meter results directly from a seller. I would be more inclined to gather this data from a PPI.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

+1 on Chris' comment.

If this tool has bought and sold as many cars as he claims, I'm astonished he doesn't have a meter unless he has others meter cars for him as part of a PPI etc
Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Looks like he was banned due to using the P-car sites and his personal selling ground. No tech discussion at Pelican, just bumps for his sales.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

4 years ago I was in Manhatten beach and was looking for my turbo, I called him and asked if he would meet me half way between manhattan beach and Malibu (where car is) and he said no. I didn;t have time to drive an hour each way as I was in town for only a few days. He has been trying to sell this car for years now and has lowered his price putting on no miles.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I looked at a car he had for sale years ago for a fellow Rennlister. I did not have a great feeling about this guy after meeting him. My belief is that he brokers these cars and does not actually own them. Lots of cars are for sale, I would just move on. Good luck
Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 PM
ELPORSCHA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on guys, give the seller a break. May be he's been hit harder than the rest of us by the housing bubble of 2007....psycho wise!

Last edited by ELPORSCHA; 06-24-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When he first had this car for sale back in 2008 he was asking about $85K for it IIRC.

Last Fall, I shot him my buying price of $62K and he said he had a buyer for the car at $67K and my offer had to be above that. I said "thanks but no thanks".

Quick Reply: Seller etiquette, this guy is a total numbnut to the nth degree