Sponsored by:

Have FDM tips, ready for track :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:38 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have FDM tips, ready for track :)

The weather in the Northwest is just astounding! Tomorrow and Sunday are track driving events at Portland International Raceway, and I'm THERE This is about a month early for track events so I psyched to get out there with NIRWANA this early in the year. Plus, haven't been to PIR in over a year.

To kick things off, I just put on a very nice set of FD Motorsports exhaust tips in black

Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking good - have fun and be safe! The weather has been great this week. Would like to make it down to PIR sometime.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 AM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Love the tips. So need to get me a pair.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great stuff....world is a funny place........we are having the best weather all summer right now, as we are getting to the end of it........so great weather down here and up there........cool huh?

I am doing to track day on Wednesday at Eastern Creek Raceway in Sydney....good luck for yours and good luck for mine!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 AM
BigInJapan
Instructor

You're down in Portland today and tomorrow? Give me a call, and I'll go get the TT at my shop and make a quick blat over to the track. PIR is about 6 minutes from where I keep the car. 503.896.8605. Ian
Old 02-21-2010, 11:01 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ian, I just read your post... Yep, was at PIR Sat and Sun. It was fantastic all around... Weather, car, friends, track!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 AM
BigInJapan
Instructor

Nice...

The wifey and I pulled the car out and cruised around the countryside, went to see friends, took a long walk around a nice lake...almost perfect.

Sounds like you had fun. Nice work! I was looking at PIR's web site, and it looked like today was an Audi club event. Was there more going on than the web site was saying? Just enthusiasts with all makes and models (just plain good guys)?

Ian
Old 02-28-2010, 12:01 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Saturday was a half day with the local PCA and FOPIR (Friends of PIR - AKA "people trying to save the track from the stupid people that bought cheap houses near a race track and later try to shut the track down"). This was great fun because it was mostly advanced and race drivers.

Sunday was indeed an Audi club day and was a bit more toned down, but still a lot of fun; mainly because many friends where their to share the track with. Unfortunately, the driver-side turbo-to-intercooler hose slide off the turbo, ending the day a bit early. New clamps and hoses going on later this week.

The second fastest car, behind mine , on Sunday was a Caddy CTS-V. It had a good driver and 550HP; but a 4200lb sedan wasn't going to have much luck keeping up with an AWD 3300lb 993TT, also with about 550HP

Sunday's second fastest car was a hopped up Audi S4; we were dead even on the straights. I think we were the only ones that brought our own race gas (PIR is a state park so no pumps are allowed and the local race shops that carry race fuel were closed; so, it's a BYO gas event venue).

Here is a pic of the CTS-V, shortly after being passed on the back straight

Old 02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here is one of my fastest laps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su81cNLV_NY
Old 02-28-2010, 07:04 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

And here is one having some fun with Spec Miatas and Lotus 211. The Lotus was waiting patiently for the nice Spec Miatas to let us by... for over two laps. This video starts just a bit before the Lotus gives up and lets me by to see if I have better luck getting a point by. I've learned that to get a point by from a racer you pretty much have to get on his butt; works like a charm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1StVlIqzL2o

Note: I shot this vids with my new Panasonic GH1 which is a fine DSLR hybrid that also shoots HD video. You can play this vid in 720p.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
BigInJapan
Instructor

Great video Pete! That looked like gobs of fun.

There's a guy around here that has a couple 211s with center cockpit conversions done at Rothsport...that car doesn't look like one of them. Can't be too many of those around here.

Ian
Old 03-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Pete,

Nice videos, I will make it up to that track some day. What sort of data logger/lap timer are you using (not that I could likely afford it!)?

Quick Reply: Have FDM tips, ready for track :)