wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

it would be using the n75 valve

Old 12-11-2009, 07:54 PM
rednoble
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right, so its possible this has failed (open i'm guessing) and i'm running purely on wastegates or the motronic isn't requesting enough boost and its functioning normally... but is it totally unique not to have external boost control on a protomotive tune? what boost control do you guys use, profec, avc-r?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi
You gave us your boost in psi so I assume you have an external boost gauge? I ask because the max that a stock gauge reads to is .8 bar or about 11 psi - ie the gauge will not register any higher boost). If you really have a Protomotive tune, you need an external boost controller or you will be overboosting. Some people have tried to use the protomotive ecu without a boost controller but this is not recommended as boost is not modulated well, and you will have significant overboost (ie 1.5+ bar with hybrids) with undesirable results...
You won't necessarily see anything at the turbos because depending on how things are hooked up, it will all be in the vacuum lines, but you should have some vacuum lines going to the boost controller somewhere in the cabin - common place is in the ash tray.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:21 PM
rednoble
Advanced

Default yep

i've got an andial (vdo) gauge in the driver's vent
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
Waldo's traded hand between rennlisters, and if Steve had it in 2006, then I believe iborroel for a couple of years. I don't remember a protomotive tune or hybrids being posted so those turbo's can't have much miles on them. I assume there is a high and low boost setting. I don't think there's much difference in boost between altitude and sea level (that's why turbo cars perform well at altitude?), 11 psi sounds like stock boost. Would think it should get 1 bar or about 15 psi as Matt says.
If I'm not mistaken, iborroel had once sold Waldo to a guy in ATL or traded it with him for a 996TT, had buyers/sellers remorse, and exchanged/bought it back....or something along those lines.... ..I followed Waldo threads....
Old 12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
rednoble
Advanced

Default yep

i bought it from ignacio after his second tenure as owner

Quick Reply: overdue new owner post (here's waldo)