Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by JJayB
Jean,
If I can chime in, the early Gt2 race cars were fitted with the aluminum doors with side beams. They bear 959 part numbers and had different closers as well. Mine are off the origional Rohr car! Most race teams changed out the doors as sanctioning bodies required side intrusion protection and thus the doors had to be butchered to add the side bars

It was far easier to just replace the doors with fibreglass as they were far cheaper. The origional doors as I recall were listed my porsche motorports at 13,000 DM!
Thanks Jim,

If you recall I also bought a pair of aluminum GT2 doors sometime back and they also had the side protection bars, I always thought they came from a street GT2 although the PO told me they were from a race car, so this confirms it.. I sold them and also swapped for a pair of Motorsport CF doors finally without bars, and with sliding windows.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default value

I spent over a year building this beautiful black 993 GT2, drove it a total of 600 miles (!!!) and it collects dust in my warehouse....

I was asked if I would sell the car and after thinking it over and over this weekend I think I would let it go...

My thinking is I will get a GT3RS or a GT2 in Germany, leave it there and enjoy it when I am in the old country for business which is quite often. That's where you can really enjoy a high performance car on the street!

Weekend trips thru the Alps or better yet to the Nurburgring.

Anyway please give me your thoughts what you think this car is worth.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by porschemeister
I spent over a year building this beautiful black 993 GT2, drove it a total of 600 miles (!!!) and it collects dust in my warehouse....

I was asked if I would sell the car and after thinking it over and over this weekend I think I would let it go...

My thinking is I will get a GT3RS or a GT2 in Germany, leave it there and enjoy it when I am in the old country for business which is quite often. That's where you can really enjoy a high performance car on the street!

WOW! It's moments like these that I wish I chose a different career path and made more money!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My opinion only............

I think it is worth KEEPING!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Nurburger-- Fine photography; thanks for sharing.

one more photo of this car.
Massive rotor methinks

cheers

Craig
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by hiflexaust
I think it is worth KEEPING!
Couldn't agree more. A car as perfect as this is simply one of a kind and cannot be replaced. Stunning.

PS; If you are thinking of selling Jochen, would you consider a swap for my two 993s?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:43 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:14 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts

Jochen, sorry to hear you're parting with this beauty! Happy to mention mine will be it's spitting image!!!
Anyone got the tire specs or original dimensions for this car? Having some difficulty settling on sufficiently oversize
tires for my mag centre lock 10 and 12 x 18 RS speedlines..
Any assistance appreciated,thanks Bert

Last edited by budge96; 07-16-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by budge96
Jochen, sorry to hear you're parting with this beauty! Happy to mention mine will be it's spitting image!!!
Anyone got the tire specs or original dimensions for this car? Having some difficulty settling on sufficiently oversize
tires for my mag centre lock 10 and 12 x 18 RS speedlines..
Any assistance appreciated,thanks Bert
Looking good Bert! I run those same size wheels on my GT2 faky and found 275/30 and 335/30's work great.

Last edited by Spartan; 09-20-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks Josh ,was wondering if you'd see this, those sizes are even greater than we had estimated? Minimal rubbing?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I get a little on the inside of the wheel at full lock but then again I got that with my stock body setup as well. Any rubbing is going to depend on the offset of your wheels but I'll assume you have that all figured out already. If you want to be really safe you can run a 255/35 (or 265/30) and a 315/30 which are alot thinner than the other sizes I mentioned. In terms of street rubber that might be your best bet however if its for the track then I would try and see if the larger sizes would fit
Old 09-26-2009, 05:12 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Default decided to let it go.....

Not easy to do , but too many changes in my life and I decided to put my dreams on wheels up for sale. I drove it today and it is just unbelievable!

Check out the eBay listing # 110438975641

I hope she will find a good home.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:53 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Not easy to do , but too many changes in my life and I decided to put my dreams on wheels up for sale.
Happily surprised to see my photographs & more skilled RLers' in your auction. It's a team effort; hope they serve you well.
Too bad we didn't get photos of our unique 993s together. Thanks for motivation & offering parts during Speedy's build.

Is this a good time to ask if you're going forward with your Speedster project?
Wishing you all the best with life's changes.
checked out your thread, wow what an interesting car! I want one!! Just sold my 89 Speedster....(why???)

I think this could be my next project..will you be in Monterey next month?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:00 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Jäger,

not sure yet what will be next...maybe it does not sell and i "have" to keep it! (there is actually something in the works, BUT it will have to be based in Europe at least initially ) Work makes me spend lots of time in Germany so this might work out great.

Still thinking about that Speedster project...definitely have lots of parts to get something new started.

I asked Nick for permission to use his shots, I thought the ones I used were all his...glad you don't mind I used some of yours. Great community here on Rennlist!

PM
Old 09-26-2009, 09:07 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up good luck with BOTH sales (?)

For your black GT2 replacement, I hear this white coupe's available, shouldn't be hard to import to Europe...
1995 Porsche Factory 993 GT2 with 97 Evo package. It seems just your style

(Kudos to ScottMellor's "Heeeeerrrrreeee Viper Viper Viper" thread.)

Quick Reply: GT2 at Laguna Seca