Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Turbo Crazy Low Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Relaxed90
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2wd comment was for the ad. It stated 2wd.

Glad it sold! Someone's happy.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 AM
chautofu
AutoX

Now that the car is gone to a very very lucky buyer, this is the lowdown on the car. I flew to Denver to see the car about 3 months ago. Car was a nice looker from 10ft away. I checked the frame and it did not seem it was in a frontal collision of any kind. That car is a real 97 993TT. It had a complete carbon fiber interior and Sport Seats. No paintwork on the doors or rear quarter. Complete nose was a repaint. All panels from the nose was painted and ALL panels were fiberglass. The hood was the worst part since it bulged out and left a big gap between the fenders. Fenders had a big gap between the doors. Front bumper had the bumperette removed however there was left with a tiny 2 inch gap if you do that. Wheels were HRE 540 18', nice wheels however they were chromed. Rear wing was also a repro GT2 wing and gaps were bad. Dealer had told me that the original wing was available with the car but upon inspection it was also a repro 993TT wing. I did spend an entire afternoon with the car enjoying much of Denvers sightseeing. The dealership was very professional. At the time that I went there to see the car, it was still advertised for $49999 and was able to negotiate it down to $46500. I was this close to picking the car up and decided to see another car before making the decision. A month later, the dealer calls me that I can buy it for $39999 and I nearly flipped. I should have bought it even though I picked up an arena red 1 just a few weeks b4 the call. When I called dealer back in a day the car was sold. It is a steal at $39999, I doubt we will see that price ever again. Oh well
Old 09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 155 Posts

Wow..I did not know about this car. Can someone post pics of it, as the Autotrader ad has been pulled. I am in Denver too and had no idea this car was for sale..as I would have liked to take a look at it...

Yasin
Old 09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
dejavo0
Track Day

Did a search online and found it in google's cache. It looks like it got relisted in Craigslist of SF Bay for a lot more! The vin numbers match up

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/1366679209.html
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 PM
shelbygtkr
Instructor

also on cars.com no suprise it would try and be resold for more

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 09-16-2009, 04:36 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really curious. Now that it's too late to buy it for that price I would still love to know what you all think the ballpark number it would have taken to make this car right from a purist's standpoint. BTW, conversion from AWD to 2WD as desirable as it might be would not be included in the above.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skywachr
I'm really curious. Now that it's too late to buy it for that price I would still love to know what you all think the ballpark number it would have taken to make this car right from a purist's standpoint. BTW, conversion from AWD to 2WD as desirable as it might be would not be included in the above.

I drove the car. The interior leather and carbon fiber was in excellent shape. The brakes, clutch and engine were very good.

How do you get the front body panels replaced with OEM parts? And the rear wing?

I say for wheels, suspension, rear wing, body parts/panels and paint, you are looking at about $25-30K to fix the prior owners errors.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
I drove the car. The interior leather and carbon fiber was in excellent shape. The brakes, clutch and engine were very good.

How do you get the front body panels replaced with OEM parts? And the rear wing?

I say for wheels, suspension, rear wing, body parts/panels and paint, you are looking at about $25-30K to fix the prior owners errors.
Thanks. That wouldn't make it that much of a bargain unless you were OK with the way it was.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 239 Posts

Hmmm...TS wing like I have now from MA Shaw + paint...$1500/1700. Suspension from VB about $2k. Source front clip from junk yard etc.. and paint. Wheels - I just sold some WB wheels for $500. Add all that up and no where close to 30K....
Old 09-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

This car makes a great "GT2 project" platform.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Hmmm...TS wing like I have now from MA Shaw + paint...$1500/1700. Suspension from VB about $2k. Source front clip from junk yard etc.. and paint. Wheels - I just sold some WB wheels for $500. Add all that up and no where close to 30K....
Trintitony, the hypothetical question from Skywachr was, "ballpark number it would have taken to make this car right from a purist's standpoint" so I assume everything should be OEM (except the suspension) done with the highest of quality, and not a year's worth of weekend DIY.

Also do you realize the entire front end (hood, fenders, bumper) needs to be replaced, since it is all fiberglass?

Your approach might be just fine, but I interpreted Skywachr's question to be more from the actual purist's perspective. Maybe I read too much into it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Trintitony, the hypothetical question from Skywachr was, "ballpark number it would have taken to make this car right from a purist's standpoint" so I assume everything should be OEM (except the suspension) done with the highest of quality, and not a year's worth of weekend DIY.

Also do you realize the entire front end (hood, fenders, bumper) needs to be replaced, since it is all fiberglass?

Your approach might be just fine, but I interpreted Skywachr's question to be more from the actual purist's perspective. Maybe I read too much into it.
lol, no you're right from a purist standpoint. I'd be more concerned with the structural and mechanical integrity of the car.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

NoH20, you're correct about my question but it was great to get a perspective on the range of alternatives. Thanks to both of you.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:48 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

just think, with a lil work it could look like.....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 993 Turbo Crazy Low Price