Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
party pooper...jk
wonder if it's the same car.
I hate to be the party pooper, but Techsis deserves to know about his purchase. It is in fact the same car. VIN #'s match. I PM'ed Techsis the car's history through mid 2008.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 AM
techsis
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Congrats on your new car. I hope you did your research on this car. This car sounds just like one that has been bouncing around several auto sales sites
Yep, this is the car. I had a good ppi performed by a highly respected Porsche mechanic and no mechanical issues were uncovered. I will be taking her into Ruf in Dallas once she is delivered and I put on a few test miles for evaluation.

She is going to be driven and will not be relegated to garage queen duties.

I do appreciate the information and I will let you know my experiences as they occur.

Cheers
Old 05-14-2009, 11:00 AM
techsis
Pro

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I've been kicking around the idea of a DS or 2CV. The DS is probably better for the modern road but the simplicity of the 2CV is very cool too. Please send me pictures and info on the DS. My email is jason@htlkeys.com.
Two owner car 160k miles, no rust, no history, all maintenance records dating back to purchase. All original except for the radio.

She is a strange car that people either love or hate (usually nothing in between).
Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
techsis
Pro

Thanks to everyone for their comments.

I would love to do a full R upgrade, but I need some time to save up some cash. I start with the PSS9 or PSS10 suspension upgrade and the billet diverter valve. I have heard great things about the Dallas Ruf facility, so I believe they will be performing most the work on my Porsches.

I'm in the process of building a barn / garage that will include a full car lift. It will sure will be fun to see every angle of these masterpieces.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:09 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice DS. I'd really love to get an SM but they sound like a real nightmare....
Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 PM
hiflexaust
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Too

Originally Posted by techsis
I want to fly up and drive her home, but work is preventing the dream. The transport will also be bringing a silver '69 Citroen DS21 to my garage.

Seems we have similar taste in cars.... tt and rr.

A photo shoot of our cars would be great. I still love your wheels!
I cant meet up with you guys for the photo shoot...but I have the same collection!
Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hiflexaust
I cant meet up with you guys for the photo shoot...but I have the same collection!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Love the Citroen! While in high school, I spent the summer with a French family friend. We drove from Lyon to their home in the French Alps in that car. Their house was up on a crazy mountain road. One lane, winding, no guard rails and they drove it FAST. Honked at every turn. Never forget it.

On the way home, the muffler fell off. Just like a Frenchman, my buddy's dad just kept on driving home.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Tour18
Banned

One thing is certain. With Ruf here, DFW is a good place to live if you have a 993TT.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:16 AM
techsis
Pro

Originally Posted by pjconner
Love the Citroen! While in high school, I spent the summer with a French family friend. We drove from Lyon to their home in the French Alps in that car. Their house was up on a crazy mountain road. One lane, winding, no guard rails and they drove it FAST. Honked at every turn. Never forget it.

On the way home, the muffler fell off. Just like a Frenchman, my buddy's dad just kept on driving home.
LOL...I spent my first 15 years of life in various areas in Europe. I remember those crazy mountain roads and the honking of horns when going into the blind turns.

My wife and I went to southern France three years ago to see her uncle. He seemed to only like 1st and 4th gear. Stayed in 1st to redline, shifted straight to 4th. Stayed in 4th all the way down to stopping....close to stalling 25% of the time.

I loved the tunnels that required you to fold in the side mirrors to avoid clipping other cars.

Originally Posted by hiflexaust
I cant meet up with you guys for the photo shoot...but I have the same collection!.
Great minds think alike
Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
techsis
Pro

Originally Posted by Tour18
One thing is certain. With Ruf here, DFW is a good place to live if you have a 993TT.
+1
Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Much bigger than a 22" wheel........ WTF is that?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Finally bought a 993tt