Thinking about selling my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about selling my car

If anyone knows of someone that might be interested let me know. I will post details and price tonight
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the replacement?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Don't know yet, but definatley going to be a Porsche
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I might know a couple of guys, can you throw up some pics and details?
c
Old 01-21-2009, 08:11 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I might know a couple of guys, can you throw up some pics and details?
c
Tonight, I'm still at work. I have a list at home of whats on the car but can't remember all of it.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

You have car ADD.

Why don't you check out the BTR at RUF Dallas. It is pretty cool.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 AM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 110 Posts

[QUOTE=pjconner;6204271]You have car ADD.
QUOTE]

+1.

Your car is awesome, as was your previous car. Just curious, but do you plan to keep your cars for short time periods when you buy them, or do you plan to keep them for a long time and then later change your mind? If you changed your mind, what was it about each that was a disappointment?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 AM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by 993TurboS
Your car is awesome, as was your previous car. Just curious, but do you plan to keep your cars for short time periods when you buy them, or do you plan to keep them for a long time and then later change your mind? If you changed your mind, what was it about each that was a disappointment?
+1

For Mike's car, one of my favorite cars on RL. As for the other part, I think Mike and I think much alike and I think there are some people here on RL that work similarily (Jonathan, Steve(C4S), me, Louis to name a few).

I can only speak for myself but in short, my main "problem" is that I think too much. I get too emotional with these things and have a really tough time to make up my mind. That's one aspect of it. The other is the economic part of it all. These cars keep their calue very well, relative to others. I would like to tweak my car (slippery slope) but then again, I won't get most of it back, only a little. I tend to buy pristine cars only to find myself not driving them because I'm being to aware of the depriciation costs of "overusage" and the risk of getting the car damaged while parked or driving etc. So the reasoning works both ways -> Ofcourse you want a really nice car but it can also be "too" nice.. Also, letting cars go while they are still attractive on the market (still low miles and nice shape) and buy something else is a way of 1. "Climbing the ladder" (buy better and better cars) 2. Getting good value for your car vs. what you paid for it (e.g finance your hobby) and 3. Still the need of something new (instead of modding).

Sorry if my english is not the best, I hope some of my points were clear. I'm slowly but surely aquiring a different perspective of looking at cars. Away from what I stated above. But it's a process and it takes time. The bottom line is, you only live once. Get what you want and go drive that thing like it's supposed to be driven!

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

BOL with the sale Mike, she's a beauty
Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=993TurboS;6204779]
Originally Posted by pjconner
You have car ADD.
QUOTE]

+1.

You know I just love cars. I wish I could keep every car I have had, especially the Signal Green Turbo. My brother thinks I'm nuts. I just see other Porsches or a look and I want it. Buying and selling cars like this doesn't make that much sense. I do have car ADD
Old 01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

[QUOTE=SA Mike;6205015]
Originally Posted by 993TurboS

You know I just love cars. I wish I could keep every car I have had, especially the Signal Green Turbo. My brother thinks I'm nuts. I just see other Porsches or a look and I want it. Buying and selling cars like this doesn't make that much sense. I do have car ADD

I do it too, don't feel bad. My friends make fun of me for it I typically go a little different route. I find a nice, well priced car that needs a little work, then I fix it up to be stunning and then sell it. Since I can do my own work, I end up getting enjoyment from the hunt, the fix, the drive, and the sale.

I keep telling myself, "this is a keeper," but I know that is never really true.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Car ADD - welcome to the asylum! I flip cars often too.

But I may have finally found the keeper. I usually get the itch after 6 months, but now I cannot imagine ever getting rid of my RUF. It doesn't get any better than this!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

But I may have finally found the keeper. I usually get the itch after 6 months, but now I cannot imagine ever getting rid of my RUF. It doesn't get any better than this!
+1 I went through 4 cars in 08 to get to my RUF.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Originally Posted by niche
+1 I went through 4 cars in 08 to get to my RUF.
Yes, and if you flip that car - there is a whole different asylum that you get admited to! Tony knows where it is because he is going to put me there if I ever sell my RUF.

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my car