Sponsored by:

Very cheap Turbo S !

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:41 PM
964C4
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
i was at al ocal porsche meet this past weekend and this car is local to me and i spoke to another tt owner and he went ot look at it and told me it was beaten up, sunroof would not open and had a nbunch of problems, we didn't elaboarate on it though, but he opted to pass on it.
Hmmm... It seems that "too good to be true" applies here ?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was at al ocal porsche meet this past weekend and this car is local to me and i spoke to another tt owner and he went ot look at it and told me it was beaten up, sunroof would not open and had a nbunch of problems, we didn't elaboarate on it though, but he opted to pass on it.
The sunroof on the S is open in the eBay listing...

Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nine45s
I believe those are the correct tips for an S.
Pics look good enough to go and check out the car, might be an excellent car.
Originally Posted by Trader220
I second Gerry those are the correct tips. Nice car for the dough
Originally Posted by Turbodan
sorry my bad
I stand corrected
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93020.htm
Old 11-14-2008, 07:38 AM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

The sunroof on the S is open in the eBay listing...
i did not look at the ebya listing in its entirety just going by what this guy told me. i am frtiendly with this dealer and it is very close to me if anyone wants me to take a look.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 PM
slawus
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Sfbanchs, I’m interested in that car and I would like you, if you could, to taka a look on it for me.
I know that pictures can hide a lot. I'm specially concern with any accident or mechanical issues.
All best.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 403 Posts

are the pictures recent?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I hate to bring this up since you and I dont agree on much, But you do a disservice to the owner of the S
and other potential buyers. You havent seen it so you cant say if the other TT owner didnt like the S owner or didnt like the color or what. Now what if its a REALLY good 911TTS for 40K miles? In this economy anything is possible. The car looks good in pictures and the sunroof is open which is direct conflict with what you have said. Unless you have seen the car yourself you shouldnt have posted what you said. It is completely hearsay.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 AM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

I hate to bring this up since you and I dont agree on much, But you do a disservice to the owner of the S
and other potential buyers. You havent seen it so you cant say if the other TT owner didnt like the S owner or didnt like the color or what. Now what if its a REALLY good 911TTS for 40K miles? In this economy anything is possible. The car looks good in pictures and the sunroof is open which is direct conflict with what you have said. Unless you have seen the car yourself you shouldnt have posted what you said. It is completely hearsay.
no worries old guy you make a good point i will try to get to the dealer today to take a look and provide a full report whn i get back
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 AM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sunroof not opening??? Are you serious or just pulling my chain???

There would have to be quite a few more and significant PPI items for me to pass on the car..............if I didn't already own two air-cooled turbos.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

ok ok ok i am sorry to have done this car injustice, i am just relaying the conversation i had with a fellow TT owner last wekeend and he currently owns a turbo s and a turbo both 993s the car looks great in the ad and this dealer has a good reputation in the miami area, please stop ripping me a new one, again i apologize for having judged the car prior to seeing it in person
Old 11-15-2008, 03:34 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

ok i went to check out the car today and it looked very clean, engine started right away and sounded nice with no funny noises or anything. Interior looked nice did not look worn, but the seats were regular seats not the sport version. The PO also traded in his 1994 turbo 3.6 that they have their as well. The sunroof did open and close but did not close completely, when it was closed there was a small gab where it should have lifted to be flush with the roof. I am sure this would cause much wind noise at speed. The salesman said he would have the mechanic look at it. He did not know too much about the car, but enough to be somewhat dangerous. The engine looked clean with all original stickers as did the wheels and luggage compartment. The car looks like a good example. It still has the engine undertray. A more thorough lookover would tell a more detailed story. The Salesman's name is Badin Roller and if you are interested his cell phone is 786 873 4101. I have posted a few pics i took while looking at the car. Sorry about the previous confusion.

Last edited by sfbanchs; 08-04-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Seriously thanks for the update and the pics.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:23 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somebody jump on this car before I raid what's left in my mutual funds...!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:04 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar. Seriously thanks for the update and the pics.
no problem. well recieved, also the salesman told me they are looking to get in the high 90s for it and he told me he had a strong feeling it would be gone by monday, that a doctor was coming to see it for the second time. Who knows if this is true.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:44 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

OK i went to check out the car today and it looked very clean, engine started right away and sounded nice with no funny noises or anything. Interior looked nice did not look worn, but the seats were regular seats not the sport version. The PO also traded in his 1994 turbo 3.6 that they have their as well. The sunroof did open and close but did not close completely, when it was closed there was a small gab where it should have lifted to be flush with the roof. I am sure this would cause much wind noise at speed. The salesman said he would have the mechanic look at it. He did not know too much about the car, but enough to be somewhat dangerous. The engine looked clean with all original stickers as did the wheels and luggage compartment. The car looks like a good example. It still has the engine under tray. A more thorough look over would tell a more detailed story. The Salesman's name is Badin Roller and if you are interested his cell phone is 786 873 4101. I have posted a few pics i took while looking at the car. Sorry about the previous confusion.
I met SFBanchs there to look at the car. He described the car well. It would make a very nice driver. It has roughly 40K on it but looks great. No smoke or funny noises. (that's the top of my head in picture 3)

Quick Reply: Very cheap Turbo S !