Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Motorsport's *New* Maxflo Mufflers & Sportcats/Catbypass Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:48 AM
ncp
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That clip at the bottom of the first page is old and is one that used to be listed on the Fabspeed website as the "Maxflo Mufflers combined with the 200 cel cats."

Joey, do you have a current clip of the new muffler combined with the catbypass pipes?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:41 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke with ?? at Fabspeed who said our tt engines do not need very much in way of muffler because our engines are low compression which means softer combustion. This makes sense. I guess a good resonator paired with our turbines ability to attenuate sound are enough to give a decent growl and be less restrictive and lighter than stock.

If I can fit this system into my car I'll have a pair of TechArt muffs (the ones used for the 3.8 Andial conversions) for sale. I was holding on to them in hopes to cut and plate them to make them fit my fenders one day.

Last edited by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD; 05-22-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
Fabspeed Motorsport
993TT Maxflo Mufflers
Fabspeed Motorsport now has a newly developed performance system for all Porsche 993Twin Turbo cars....
Joey: When do you answer to my complaint and send new proper exhaust header !?
I have been waiting 2 years now since we (I and Chris from Turbokraft) made first complaint about this. I have written to you many times after that but no any answer.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
I spoke with ?? at Fabspeed who said our tt engines do not need very much in way of muffler because our engines are low compression which means softer combustion.
I struggle a bit with this statement from FS... if anything under boost our engines are like very high compression engines!

The turbines in the exhaust do seem to blend the noise pulses together a bit, particularly under load, but our engines are still very capable of producing a large volume of noise.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through probably four sets of FS mufflers and was never happy with the fit. I did find the customer service to be fairly good though.

I am very happy with my FS MBPs.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:59 AM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jussi
Joey: When do you answer to my complaint and send new proper exhaust header !?
I have been waiting 2 years now since we (I and Chris from Turbokraft) made first complaint about this. I have written to you many times after that but no any answer.
Jussi,
I've never received an email from you at my location, maybe you sent emails to other addresses here at Fabspeed. Please email Joey@fabspeed.com and I'll resolve this issue with the headers.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
Jussi,
I've never received an email from you at my location, maybe you sent emails to other addresses here at Fabspeed. Please email Joey@fabspeed.com and I'll resolve this issue with the headers.
Joey, I sent email to you and I hope that we can resolve this.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Joey if you guys make things right for Jussi I will buy a Cayenne exhaust system from you.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

HI Jussi

This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports and I design and test all the products at Fabspeed Motorsports.

Why in the world would you CUT-OFF and remove the stainless steel heat ducting/ sheetmetal on your Fabspeed Motorsports 993 Twin Turbo headers? It does not make any sense whatsoever for several reasons.

You mentioned that you have had those headers on your car for over 2 years and your 993TT makes BIG power and runs great. Why would you take it upon yourself to CUT something up.

From the yellowed stainless steel condition and other big blue boost hoses and other modifications.......obviously our 993TT headers have worked great with your 993TT performance build-up & tuning package that you have assembled. Your car is not a concours stock car.

We have built and supplied many 993Twin Turbo headers with heat and without heat to 993TT owners worldwide and to many engine builders that use Fabspeed 993TT headers for Twin Turbo engine conversions for any aircooled engine case.......we have NEVER EVER had 1 complaint.

Furthermore ANY and ALL 993 non turbo and 993Twin Turbo factory rear OEM Porsche engine undertrays should be tossed in the trash with no emotion as these undertrays are 100% junk and all they do is make a HOT aircooled engine even hotter. The engine undertrays BAKE the intake and exhaust valve guides with extra retained heat.........the guides get smoked and beat-up and the engine wears much faster. Top end rebuilds for aircooled cars are very expensive and 993 and 993TT seems to need alot of these without high mileage.........eliminating heat is the way to go.

Removing the 993 engine undertrays is one of the 1st things any Porsche enthusiast does to save weight and allow the engine run alot cooler. Significantly cooler. Porsche factory 993TT and 993 race cars never used this undertray.............so aerodynamic stability and SWiss noise regs.......dont add any credibility.

Our headers have much more streamlined and radiused primary tubes and a high velocity merge collector for a major improvement in power and faster/ transitional boost. They work great and we cant compromise power to maintain a engine undertray that only offers a faster wear-out date for all 993 engines. Unless a 993 is a concours car.......... all 993 engine undertrays should be discarded. The factory headers are squashed down and have a flat collector and everything is a 400HP compromise.

JUSSI-- if the undertray was important to you for some reason after 2 years............ then the undertray which is made of Fiberglass should have been CUT and clearanced to clear the Fabspeed stainless steel performance headers. This would have been a 30 minute job and infinitely easier to do and allowed the power to remain the same.

A simple solution at this point is to have someone in Finland take the headers and have their BOTTOM stainless covers welded back on. This should be simple and easy to do and you can cut-up the heat shields.

Have a great day.
Joe Fabiani
Fabspeed Motorsports USA
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Joe,

I might not like your intervention but you certainly have the right to defend your product so I fully respect that..

What I DON'T LIKE IS THE FACT THAT YOU SAY THE TRAY IS JUNK! HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT SCIENTIFICALLY YOUR ARGUMENTS? THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE FREQUENT PROBLEMS THAT AIRCOOLED OLD PIECE OF CR@P 993s HAVE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD WHERE WE RUN IN 120F.

IF I MAY ADD THAT ALL THE 993GT2 EVO RACE CARS HAD ENGINE UNDERTRAYS FOR AERODYNAMICS IN ENDURANCE RACES.

Ok now I feel better.
Thanks

Last edited by Jean; 06-02-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 597 Posts

Old 06-02-2008, 05:15 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 RS Clubsport
HI Jussi

Why in the world would you CUT-OFF and remove the stainless steel heat ducting/ sheetmetal on your Fabspeed Motorsports 993 Twin Turbo headers? It does not make any sense whatsoever for several reasons.

Have you seen what he's done to his car???? I believe he'd get his right hand replaced with an angle grinder if he could!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by 993 RS Clubsport
..Why in the world would you CUT-OFF and remove the stainless steel heat ducting/ sheetmetal on your Fabspeed Motorsports 993 Twin Turbo headers? It does not make any sense whatsoever for several reasons..

JUSSI-- if the undertray was important to you for some reason after 2 years............ ..
Why in the world!?, can't you see from pictures how that left header is done wrong. The heater box is located inch too low and that inlet pipe from blower is misaligned = bad quality or quality control.. I have seen similar pictures in this forum earlier from other users and they have said same. I commented that then and sent also email to you again but no answer..

I bought these headers march 2006 and installed them summer 2006 and right after that I told to Chris (@Turbokraft) that these headers are done with wrong mold. He made a complaint to you(Fabspeed) and nobody ever replied. Then I wrote myself to you after that, maybe half year later but nobody answered again. Then I wrote email second time from this RL forum. I dont remember actual date but about year ago. I have already cleaned my sent email files but administrator could check that from backup tapes if you like.
Anyway the point is that we have written to you(Fabspeed) three times during 2 years and just now, at fourth try you (Joey) replied here !

And your original question, Why did I cut?
I answer: I cut it because you haven't answered anything in a year and I wanted to install undertray shield for MOT inspection. Tuning a car in Finland is forbidden and that shield prevents from inspection's eye quite efficiently.
So I thought that ONLY heater box would been welded too low and if I cut that off I could install the undertray shield for MOT inspection.. but no, also pipes run too low as you see from pictures, so I cut that heater box off for nothing.
I dont use that shield for every day driving - only for that one day per year (=MOT inspection).
I would like to make a better aerodynamic undertray shield from aluminium if that left header would locate upper just like the right one.. but that is another story.

My opinion is that you should admit your mistake and send properly made left header without any cost.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 PM
sfl993t4
Instructor

I'd also be interested in a set of Fabspeed headers if a new model is made that allows the left hand shield to fit (like the right hand one). I don't want to leave my shields/undertray off.

Steve
Old 06-04-2008, 02:38 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Mr Fabspeed, you are on a forum where several contributors take very high speeds in their 993tts quite seriously and despite the twaddle and popcorn debate which may have occured over the years on the 993 board about the efficacy of the undertray some of us have a real vested interest in whether the undertray is "100% junk" and "trash".

Smooth airflow under a 993tt is pretty important over 120mph and at 190mph it makes a big difference. People who have tested at these speeds are in a position to make informed opinion - you I think are not ?

Jussi drives his cars at these extreme velocities and your ignorance is very disturbing and potentially disasterous, do not preach garbage about stuff of which you know only anecodote and myth.....

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport's *New* Maxflo Mufflers & Sportcats/Catbypass Pipes