Sponsored by:

My 993TT vs. C6 or C6 Z06 which was it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:14 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera SC
So how does the TT compare to the SRT8 on a straight line run?
The SRT8 is at best a 12.99 car. The TT feels much faster, but I won't beat it up the TT like I would the SRT8. It is a great DD, but it ends there. Every time I run into another SRT8 owner all they want to do is tell me that they have the fastest 4 door around. I think that it is a great vehicle to lease, but it is by no means a sports car. I guess I am fortunate enough to own a few cars so I am not infatuated with any one in particular. I would rather have a four door car instead of the Corvette and I'm not a Mopar guy at all...........
Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
If you really want to find out, forget the dyno, it can show you whatever you want....a better idea would be to do a GPS run up to 150mph, then do only an ECU swap, and then do another set of identical runs with the changed ECU, you will be served My bet is on the FVD for stock K16s.

Hey Jean, I've read tons of your posts and know you know your stuff.

Problem with what you suggested here, is that I don't have access to a stock ECU and I don't have a hand held GPS

As for your bet. Does this mean you think the FVD numbers are accurate?

I think the car feels very strong/fast, but like I said above I don't have much to compare it against. It's certainly faster than my M5, but given the power to weight ratios of the two cars that's no surprise at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
baja272
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DM993tt:
The outcome was two out of three races I out-ran him. The third time he left the traction control "on" and it was not fun watching him pull away. The Z-o6 with the better driver will win.

Jenner:
Sorry about interupting your thread, but any vehicle is only as quick as the drivers skill. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: My 993TT vs. C6 or C6 Z06 which was it?