Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Sale - '96 993 Turbo - $55K

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:20 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took me forever to sell mine. I just sold it for 65k. It had alot of work done to it. Yours is more appealing to the street driver. Mine was pretty much a track car so my market was limited. I'd take that car for 55 if i could spare it. It should go quick, but expect alot of jackass tire kickers wanting the car at 45k. Good luck with the sale !
Old 03-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyT
expect alot of jackass tire kickers wanting the car at 45k.
Hey, I will give you $45 for it...
Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 PM
mdd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my share of virtual tire kickers and dealers. It's funny you mention $45K since I got an email offer for that exact amount today.

Hello - Not a dealer but may be a low baller - sorry....
Cash 45k? High mileage.....
Thanks
Andrew
Sure you aren't the lowballer (Andy/Andrew)? Just kidding.
I lowered the price today so maybe it will move soon.

PJ: No thanks. I assume you were just kidding too.

Kevin: I remember what you told me a while back about the prices going up $5K in the spring. With my luck, the spring jump will happen right after I sell and just before I buy. Kind of like the stock market treats me.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 AM
triplenet
Pro

I will let Andy off the hook.... I was the "lowballer"....

Hope you dont think I am a "jackass" - at least I said I in my email that I was a "lowballer"....

All good deals are made on the buy side... And honestly the mileage does scare me a bit so I wanted to reserve some cash for repairs...

Anyway - Good luck with the sale and I hope my offer didnt offend you...

Best regards,

"Andrew"...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by pjconner
Hey, I will give you $45 for it...
Come on Patrick, you guys arent that far away in terms of price.. C'mon!!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

45 is an insult. period.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyT
45 is an insult. period.

Yep, how dare anyone offer lower than the asking price. The nerve of some people!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM
mdd
Instructor

Andrew: I wasn't offended at all and no I don't think you are a "jackass". I just thought it was amusing that right after we exchanged emails about $45K, Andy mentioned that I should expect a lot of tire kicker offers at $45K. If you do buy one for $45K, I agree that you will probably need a lot of reserve cash to take care of "issues". My car is currently a daily driver with all of the costly issues already taken care of (suspension, heads, clutch, steering rack, etc.).
As OldGuy said earlier, "As a knowledgeable buyer now this would be the kind of deal I would want for a 993TT driver." Then 911/Q45 "That is the problem, by the time you know enough you're no longer a buyer." Good advice from some current/past owners.

Last edited by mdd; 03-20-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
mdd
Instructor

I don't take the $40K or $45K offers as an insult. It's just dealers trying to make a living, tire kickers looking for a desperate seller, or people trying to buy more car than they can afford. These offers are coming from people that have never seen or driven my car. If someone does see and drive my car and then tells me they think it's worth only $45K, then I may be insulted.
What I find odd is that people will make an offer in their initial email without asking a single question about the car.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdd
I don't take the $40K or $45K offers as an insult. It's just dealers trying to make a living, tire kickers looking for a desperate seller, or people trying to buy more car than they can afford. These offers are coming from people that have never seen or driven my car. If someone does see and drive my car and then tells me they think it's worth only $45K, then I may be insulted.
What I find odd is that people will make an offer in their initial email without asking a single question about the car.
I got a ton of offers on the last car I sold and my response was always a simple "thanks for the intrest but no thank you". Never thought anyone was insulting or a jerk bc they offered less than I was asking :/

Your car is getting to closer to "the" price, given it's mileage my humble estimate would be closer to $50k. I know of a couple in the 65k to 80k mileage range that went right around $50k in the past month or so. If you don't need the cash and can sit on the car for a while be firm at $52k, if you want it gone put it down to $50k and it should be out of your garage within a week

Either way good luck with the sale!!! I'm passing your info to a buddy, he's been looking but it may be a tad early for him to jump into something now. You never know though...
Old 03-20-2008, 02:58 PM
mdd
Instructor

Spartan: Thanks for passing on the info to your buddy. Your estimates are in line with what I have been thinking. I'm not in a big hurry so I started high and have been slowly ramping down.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
triplenet
Pro

[QUOTE=mdd;5232631]Andrew: I wasn't offended at all and no I don't think you are a "jackass". I just thought it was amusing that right after we exchanged emails about $45K, Andy mentioned that I should expect a lot of tire kicker offers at $45K. QUOTE]

I thought it was funny as well - thats why I "outed" myself.. I didnt see Andy's post until this morning...

I will admit that am one of the buyers looking for a desperate seller... All my toys were purchased right - which makes it much easier to get out of them when I get bored.... I sold my 03 C2 last year and looking to get back into to something...

I am sure the buyers will be along shortly at your new number... Thanks again for understanding my "jackass" lowball offer..
Old 03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

I had offers to trade for land in Florida and trades for slower older cars. People are nutz ! Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Mdd, I just sent the Auto Trader link to a friend. He might be interested. Mike
Old 03-25-2008, 10:27 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan
Yep, how dare anyone offer lower than the asking price. The nerve of some people!
Not the point...Even a beat up 993T can be parted out for 45. Not only that, but the more sellers cave and unload these cars cheap, the more the market for them will continue sag.

Quick Reply: For Sale - '96 993 Turbo - $55K