Sponsored by:

PINKS on The Speed Channel

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PINKS on The Speed Channel

Would anyone dare to enter their car on the show PINKS on Speedvision ? I've gotten a bit hooked on the show. I have never seen a car worth as much as ours on it though. Mostly rice burners and American Iron.

Also they don's tell the viewers the 1/4 miles times so how would you gauge your entry car ?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:24 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

I would never want to enter my car in PINKS: who wants to risk a 993 TT to win a MOPAR or Chevy rattler, especially one that could go kaput anytime? See how often they are mopping up fluid and oil leaks at the starting line??

I do like watching the show if I catch it, and it is entertaining to see them beat up on one another, but I wouldn't want to be them or own one of them cars.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:41 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

I agree, I never dumped the clutch in my TT and never would but I am curious to know what kind of 1/4 mile car we have here ? I know some of you guys have clocked your cars.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

YO Yo YO heads up!
the lingo they use on that show is pretty funny. also when they argue (every show) it is pretty hilarious.
Biig Horsepower (member here) shows a picture of his car with 1/4 mile time ...I think 11 or 12 secs
Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
930chas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this episode of Pinks was classic...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gth09KEdkQ

otherwise, I don't get too much into the show. The host is a shmuck.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jimhsu
I would never want to enter my car in PINKS: who wants to risk a 993 TT to win a MOPAR or Chevy rattler, especially one that could go kaput anytime? See how often they are mopping up fluid and oil leaks at the starting line??

I do like watching the show if I catch it, and it is entertaining to see them beat up on one another, but I wouldn't want to be them or own one of them cars.
You make some pretty ignorant assumptions.

Things break when you race, 1/4 or track. Does not matter if it is a P car or American muscle. Most of those cars are NOT rattlers , they have a lot of money , pride and time in them. The majority of them are also genuine 9 sec /150 mph cars............and it requires skill to keep it straight.

There was a modded 996tt tip on one of the Pinks all out shows. (where you don't loose your car, you can actually make money) and he was eliminated fairly early due to driver error.

And I agree , the host is a douche.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:01 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,301 Likes on 615 Posts

1) the host is douchey
2) I don't want to drag race
3) wTF they give each other 10 car lengths and crap like that

pp- surely it takes skill to keep an 800hp drag racer from careening off track, it's just not interesting to me. the cool thing about road racing is that laps are longer than 8-12 seconds...
Old 01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

pole position,

you make some pretty rude comments....

and you also added a few comments of your own that I said nothing about: maybe you felt defensive for the dudes on PINKS?

please enlighten me how "ignorant" is my "assumption" that I would never want to ever own a MOPAR or Chevy anyways, let alone risk losing my car, whether it's my Porsche or my 98 Camry. This is NOT an assumption, and there is no ignorance involved. "I don't want one" is a fact.

Things break when you race 1/4? Fine, even more reason not to own one of those rattlers for me. No matter how much time, money and pride are put into them. Is there anything wrong with my saying that I like watching the contestants beat up one another, but don't wanna be one of them?

I said nothing about the driving skills required on PINKS. That was just another gratuitous false "assumption" that you somehow felt necessary to tag on?

A Porsche 996TT in PINKS....cool, but again I would never want a car destined to justify its existence one 1/4 mile at a time. And that again is a fact.

To summarize what I said in my first post, in case you got so defensive about your buddies on PINKS that you forgot to read all of it:

1. PINKS contestants are mostly driving CHEVY or MOPAR cars designed to run in a straight line.

2. Cars break a lot in PINKS.

3. I don't want one of those cars: see 1 and 2.

4. Because of 3, I would never want to be a contestant in PINKS.

Why don't you try to show me where are the ignorant assumptions here, besides the ones you were erroneously tagging me with?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:35 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Well on a lighter note that video was f-ing hilarious. Did the host really need to take his shirt off !! What a jack ****. Now that was entertainment : )
Old 01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

I thought he was going to attack someone (the host that is)
Old 01-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimhsu
pole position,

you make some pretty rude comments....

and you also added a few comments of your own that I said nothing about: maybe you felt defensive for the dudes on PINKS?

please enlighten me how "ignorant" is my "assumption" that I would never want to ever own a MOPAR or Chevy anyways, let alone risk losing my car, whether it's my Porsche or my 98 Camry. This is NOT an assumption, and there is no ignorance involved. "I don't want one" is a fact.

Things break when you race 1/4? Fine, even more reason not to own one of those rattlers for me. No matter how much time, money and pride are put into them. Is there anything wrong with my saying that I like watching the contestants beat up one another, but don't wanna be one of them?

I said nothing about the driving skills required on PINKS. That was just another gratuitous false "assumption" that you somehow felt necessary to tag on?

A Porsche 996TT in PINKS....cool, but again I would never want a car destined to justify its existence one 1/4 mile at a time. And that again is a fact.

To summarize what I said in my first post, in case you got so defensive about your buddies on PINKS that you forgot to read all of it:

1. PINKS contestants are mostly driving CHEVY or MOPAR cars designed to run in a straight line.

2. Cars break a lot in PINKS.

3. I don't want one of those cars: see 1 and 2.

4. Because of 3, I would never want to be a contestant in PINKS.

Why don't you try to show me where are the ignorant assumptions here, besides the ones you were erroneously tagging me with?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyT
Well on a lighter note that video was f-ing hilarious. Did the host really need to take his shirt off !! What a jack ****. Now that was entertainment : )
I love how everyone goes running after he lowsides at about 12mph. I've seen ten year olds take worse spills tubing at summer camp...
Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Would anyone dare to enter their car on the show PINKS on Speedvision ? I've gotten a bit hooked on the show. I have never seen a car worth as much as ours on it though. Mostly rice burners and American Iron.

Also they don's tell the viewers the 1/4 miles times so how would you gauge your entry car ?
Andy,
Haven't you seen the Wooly Mammoth Vega? The paint job alone is worth as much as a 996 turbo.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

I agree, I never dumped the clutch in my TT and never would but I am curious to know what kind of 1/4 mile car we have here ? I know some of you guys have clocked your cars.
OK, I did this once... and bent my first gear input shaft... but got a 0-60 time of 3.4 and 11.3 at 133 mph in the quarter with the G timer. The problems with our cars is launching. 4000 rpm launch and you'll have parts all over the street.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Originally Posted by JJayB
Andy,
Haven't you seen the Wooly Mammoth Vega? The paint job alone is worth as much as a 996 turbo.
Funny you mention this car. The owner who ran the car on Pinks is a member here, Alex Djordjevic (VRAlexander). He also ran an F-body camaro that was an high 8 second car that he brought to compete in a 10 sec class. Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight.

Quick Reply: PINKS on The Speed Channel