Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007 | 01:05 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Sweet cars, welcome.
Old 11-26-2007 | 09:34 PM
bluffcityracer
Track Day

Thanks for all the gracious replies from everyone here at the RL forum.

My concern whether to sell the S is at the heart of what Turbo S wrote earlier in this thread. I have owned these three vehicles for quite some time now and only driven each 100-400 miles per year. I am beginning to wonder if I would be better selling these low mileage cars and getting a higher mileage DD to truly enjoy the experience. While I love to look at and sit in these after a long day I am torn with how much sense it makes to have $330K sitting idle.

Everyone's thoughts are valued as I try to come to some comfort level of which way to go.

Thanks in advance,
Pat
Old 11-26-2007 | 10:04 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bluffcityracer
Thanks for all the gracious replies from everyone here at the RL forum.

My concern whether to sell the S is at the heart of what Turbo S wrote earlier in this thread. I have owned these three vehicles for quite some time now and only driven each 100-400 miles per year. I am beginning to wonder if I would be better selling these low mileage cars and getting a higher mileage DD to truly enjoy the experience. While I love to look at and sit in these after a long day I am torn with how much sense it makes to have $330K sitting idle.

Everyone's thoughts are valued as I try to come to some comfort level of which way to go.

Thanks in advance,
Pat
Given that you have three, sell one or two, but not all of them. I'd keep the S as the garage queen that it appears to be, sell one of the non-Ss, and drive the other non-S.

As I argued before, you have been paying a lot to own them already, and will continue to, whether you keep them as they are (low miles), drive one you already have, or sell them and replace them with a high mile one. Sure, a low mile 993TT can be 90k, but so what? So you drive it 10k miles and it drops to 80k? I'll take that ride for $1/mile. Better than driving it 100 miles/year and paying 2k/year in insurance, and missing out on probably $4,000/year in opportunity cost of the money that is tied up. A higher mileage car will be cheaper/mile, but not by a lot (if you include the expected maintenace expenses).

The S is very hard to replace. Unless there is something wrong with it and you are trying to unload it, I'd say keep it until you are down to one. Even if it is your only one, driving it will probably only cost you $2/marginal mile. Less if you drive it a ton. If you are driving it 100 miles/year now, you probably will be paying $60/mile or more.
Old 11-26-2007 | 10:31 PM
tlark
Drifting

One thread and 3 turbo's show up and one is an "S" with less and 15k on the clock. RPM has prob. contacted you already....

I always wondered where these low mile tt keep coming from, know I know !!!
Old 11-26-2007 | 10:44 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

I will add this: Before you sell anything, widely publicize the fact that it is for sale and what you are asking. Don't let someone come in with the "oh, I'll pay top dollar, save you the hassle, only make a little on the trade, market it, yada yada, yada", and then you see it listed for 20k more than you just got. Take your time and don't rush it no matter what you choose. My 2c. Plus, I'd want a shot at all of them too, just like everyone one else here.
Old 11-27-2007 | 07:59 AM
bluffcityracer
Track Day

Turbo,

Your logic makes sense. However the first tt I bought was the arena red with 9900 miles all stock and perfect. My heart leads me to keep and drive this one.

I will certainly be giving this more thought and sharing with everyone which way I eventually go.

Pat

Quick Reply: Looking for a Turbo S