Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone use their 997TT as Daily Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use their 997TT as Daily Driver?

I recently got a daily driver so I could hold the mileage down on my C4S because I will be selling it next summer when my new 997TT arrives. I really miss driving my Porsche for a daily driver. I was curious if anyone uses their 997TT for a DD and how much more does it depreciate the car if you put 12k per year on it versus 5k miles? Thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

I would post your thread in 997 turbo forum, you will get more response.
To answer your ?, most do not drive their turbo daily. There are some though and they should chime in when you post. I average 6k a year on the turbos I have had, presently 2,490 on my 6 month old 997tt.

I would imagine a 5k hit on a tt driven 12k mi a yr over a 5-6k yr tt. Who cares, if you have the time drive it and enjoy.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

I did 8k miles this first year on my 997tt, and that was splitting time with many other cars. Makes a great DD
Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by whyb2nd
I would post your thread in 997 turbo forum, you will get more response.
To answer your ?, most do not drive their turbo daily. There are some though and they should chime in when you post. I average 6k a year on the turbos I have had, presently 2,490 on my 6 month old 997tt.

I would imagine a 5k hit on a tt driven 12k mi a yr over a 5-6k yr tt. Who cares, if you have the time drive it and enjoy.
Thank you - my mistake - that is where I thought I had. I'll repost!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waxing philosophically here, life is grand, especially when we can afford to buy these wonderful cars. Why not consider driving it every day in good whether for the therapeutic benefits, if nothing else. Worrying about the depreciation is thusly eliminated, further enhancing the benefit. Well, I'm sure you have thought of all this, but since you asked...

Having said this, I do recognize that some of us simply love just having the asset. A client of mine recently purchased an older Testarosa just so he could gaze at it in his garage and polish it. He freely admits that he's a fool for such things. I'm all for it if it ads a bit of pleasure to your life. We are all car nuts, yes?

Quick Reply: Does anyone use their 997TT as Daily Driver?