Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF 993 turbo R body kit - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
djimenez993tt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ruf still makes both parts and will continue to make them. ruf autocenter can get them ans well as anyone directly from germany. th eonly issue and even ruf tells you about them is that you need to make them fit. based on this, Ruf tries to persuade people to have them installed by one of their service centers and in some cases they might say they are unavailable inorder to avoid someone calling them back ranting about "I paid..... they should fit ....."

BTW, I just bought mine from germany and had them shipped down here into mexico. cant wait to do my first test fit, I just love the CTR2 look.

david
Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by -CD-
Scond off topic: Ruf Wheels! They look fantastic and in my eyes one of the nicest Wheels for the 993tt!
But i give away my set of 19" Ruf wheels because they are so heavy that i get a shock!!! The rims are ca. 3-4 Kg per rim heavier than fpr example the 5-spoke 19" rims from the 997!

In my opinion that is extreme!

Greetings Christian (back to 996 hollowspoke)
Christian, I never worried about wheel weights on these cars for the street, FWIW I can have cement blocks down there as long as they don't have square angles

If you are selling, I am buying, Let me know!
They need 28mm spacers if I am not mistaken.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Good find on the bumpers, those things are hard to find that's for sure
Old 10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Originally Posted by djimenez993tt
Ruf still makes both parts and will continue to make them. ruf autocenter can get them ans well as anyone directly from germany. th eonly issue and even ruf tells you about them is that you need to make them fit. based on this, Ruf tries to persuade people to have them installed by one of their service centers and in some cases they might say they are unavailable inorder to avoid someone calling them back ranting about "I paid..... they should fit ....."

BTW, I just bought mine from germany and had them shipped down here into mexico. cant wait to do my first test fit, I just love the CTR2 look.

david

I sure hope you're right?
Are you saying that I should have my body shop call Ruf to get these parts?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Very cool looking ride, I especially like the overall stance, it give's your new RUF a bold attitude! Did you use wheel spacers?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Ruf still makes both parts and will continue to make them
Are you sure about that brother. If you can get one from Ruf in Dallas please let me know who you spoke to. I was told that they are no longer making them and you can't get one.

Are you saying that I should have my body shop call Ruf to get these parts?
I bet no.....
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 AM
djimenez993tt
Instructor

Let me re-phrase. Ruf dallas only sells it to you IF they install them, call them and say you want to buy and have them install the pieces, first they'll say no, but eventualy they will agree. Ruf Germany still makes them and will continue to do so according to them.

no, they wont sell to any bodyshop, if you call germany they will say " go thru ruf dallas", to which I said "i'm in mexico" I dont want to go thru them, plus they only want to sell them if they also do the install, at which time they agreed to sell the parts and have them shipped to me.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
melman911
Rennlist Member

Let me re-phrase. Ruf dallas only sells it to you IF they install them, call them and say you want to buy and have them install the pieces, first they'll say no, but eventualy they will agree. Ruf Germany still makes them and will continue to do so according to them.
Who have you talked to over there?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:38 PM
djimenez993tt
Instructor

Yes I have
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There's someone in Germany selling rear bumpers that are described as like the Ruf ones. See here. No idea if it's a copy or from the same manufacturer or ??
Old 10-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Check out the highest bidder's name : "autocopyright", Maybe an undercover copyright agent??

Could be real though, who knows.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jean
Christian, I never worried about wheel weights on these cars for the street, FWIW I can have cement blocks down there as long as they don't have square angles

If you are selling, I am buying, Let me know!
They need 28mm spacers if I am not mistaken.
Hi Jean,

today i put on the new 19 inch Rufs on my car and i only can say: Perfect!

Beginning of the story was, that i put on 19 inch 997 wheels and was not so happy with the driving!
I bought the Ruf set the same time, but i went back to the 996 hollow spokes, because i thought that the 19 inch don´t runs very well and don´t check the Ruf´s on my car!

I change the suspension last time, incl. the wheel carrier and rods (993 RS) and take the 993 RS setting on the car and today check the Ruf´s on it!

It runs perfect, looks great and i can´t believe how nice the car runs with the 19 inch wheels!

Ok, the steering feeling is a little bit heavier than the steering with the very light 996 hollowspokes and 225/40 18 tires but is absolut ok with the 19 inch!

Greetings Christian
Old 10-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Glad you are happy with them Christian! Did you add 28mm spacers in the back?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
kmy
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey guys. Thanks for all the posts and compliments!!! Much appreciated.

Sounds like there has been some debate about whether or not these bumpers are still available. I'm happy to share my experience...

As far as I know (which take it for what it is!), these are no longer available. I spoke to Wayne over at RUF dallas and he has been looking for me for the past 4 months with no luck. He called germany, japan and bahrain with no luck. I separately did the same.

Unless wayne is being untruthful, which I have no reason to believe, ruf no longer makes these covers. It was not an issue of having them do the install. In fact, they had every incentive to sell them to me or locate them since I told wayne I would not entertain the idea of a RUF turbo R upgrade unless I could locate the bumpers too.

Wish I had better news...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM
-CD-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jean
Glad you are happy with them Christian! Did you add 28mm spacers in the back?
I only have 15mm in my "part-collection" , so i use them and it is ok!

28mm is fit with the 10x19 but i use the 11x19 and so it is near the same offset with the 15mm spacers!

But is think 20 or 21 mm spacers would be the best with the 11 inch rims!

Sorry for my poor english!

Here are some pics (some very bad by handy, i will post some better at the weekend):

Before (with 996 hollow spokes, titanium metallic):

997 19 inch Carrera Sport wheel (11,5 inch at the rear with 305, runs not very well and you have to do some bodywork):

Ruf 19 inch :

Greetings Christian

Quick Reply: RUF 993 turbo R body kit - PICS